This statement from Chansiri....

20 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Thing is...once we failed to go up in that second season, we were always set for a couple of lean years (on the spending side) due to Profit and Sustainability. 

We can go into the wrongs and rights of how the club approached things, but that's how it is. 

What isn't acceptable, is basically misleading fans and putting out statements like the OP and/or misleading questions to fans in club surveys. 

The club has made a huge rod for their own back and deserves all the criticism that is being leveled at them. 

That's what's done it for me, the sheer dishonesty from the club towards the fans.

Was at Blackburn yesterday, it was an awful day. All I kept thinking was that the club don't deserve the support we give them.

I don’t understand the deference and sycophancy towards the bloke. Never have.

Its a community football club - sure he owns it, but he owns nothing without the fans. You can’t buy history and loyalty - you earn it and grow it.

Personal abuse should never be tolerated - but, conversely respect has to be earned.

Fans should say it as it is - and should have done so from the beginning.

Not just with hindsight.

His tenure has been a disaster so far - and, I suspect will continue to be so.

Doffing your cap and bending your knee doesn’t alter anything.

He puts money in or doesn’t, on his own terms.

Your devotion doesn’t alter anything - it won’t stop him walking away if he’s minded to, so and I don’t understand why you act like frightened children.

”Be careful what you wish for” - how meaningless is that?

As though you have any say in the matter anyway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, A12owl said:

Give Chansiri a ring. Didnt he once say that he would listen to a reasonable discussion with supporters. It needs a one to one with a sensible articulate  person. You seem to be quite normal steveger. I am sure you would represent us supporters in the right way.

Try it. You never know . You could be our saviour.

erm.....:carlosswfc:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, steveger said:

Could have been so different if we had of won at Wembley, could have been so different if we had beaten Huddersfield, it was a huge gamble that never paid off, at least he put his money (and the fans money) where his mouth was and went for it, much,much more than anyone else has ever done at our club, he's not a bad man, far from it IMO, certainly doesn't deserve some of the abuse and cringe worthy personal attacks we see on social media and on here now and again.

The flip side is the guy needs to take a back seat and let the people he has hired to run the club do their jobs without interference and he has to hire someone with vast experience in the football world as a director of football or similar role top stop the huge vast waste of money on bad transfers that we have seen in the recent past, he has to stop micro managing the club and accept he needs help to turn this around before it really does go beyond repairing and losing season tickets in the process..

He has made many, many ,mistakes but it's not too late to admit it and start putting them right and winning the support back......

That's what I think anyway...:biggrin:

You can tell you've hit rock bottom when you have Rangers fans telling you how to better run your club...

:ph34r: lol 

• Haha 8

every time this club slips into the 3rd tier we bounce back with 30 odd thousand in attendance for the final game …..it's not the end of the world if we do go down.for one thing we have a lot more happier Saturday nights ……..which leads me to ask would you rather beat bury .southend ,etc and win the 3rd division or get beat by Chelsea ,man city etc  and just let the owners count there money  as we wallow in being on match of the day  

11 minutes ago, torryowl said:

every time this club slips into the 3rd tier we bounce back with 30 odd thousand in attendance for the final game …..it's not the end of the world if we do go down.for one thing we have a lot more happier Saturday nights ……..which leads me to ask would you rather beat bury .southend ,etc and win the 3rd division or get beat by Chelsea ,man city etc  and just let the owners count there money  as we wallow in being on match of the day  

Bit defeatest that T,Ive done mi time at bury,southend & dont wanna be overtook by lincoln LOL

6 hours ago, poite said:

Someone posted this on Twitter. Sorry if already posted.

Interesting statement from our chairman made not so long ago. 

20181202_214321.png

I'm ok with academy players at budget ticket pricing.  Always have been.  

What I don't like is a shadowy cabal dictating policy behind the scenes under the guise of advisorship.

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

I would much rather

"WALLOW" ( your word) in being on Match of the Day.

This negative, almost romantic attachment to mediocrity is beyond me.

As for your question, would I rather beat Bury, Southend, etc and win the 

"THIRD DIVISION"

Or get beat by Chelsea or Man City ?

Along with  the vast majority of our supporters, I want Sheffield Wednesday playing in the Premier League.

I believe that's where Sheffield wednesday should be.