Nando

3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Looked disinterest against last night. Miles offside on many occasions although he did offer more of a threat than Penney.

Get what we can for him in January, solve our FFP problems and keep the players who actually want to be here.

Judging by our performers I would say that is very few under the current manager and who can blame them?

It took about half an hour to work out whether it was a back 3 or back 4 first half last night with Penney seemingly positioned as a wing back some of the time then more of a central midfielder at others. 

It is so demoralising to watch, it can't be that much fun to play in either. 

4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Looked disinterest against last night. Miles offside on many occasions although he did offer more of a threat than Penney.

Get what we can for him in January, solve our FFP problems and keep the players who actually want to be here.

Either that or use him properly...

To expect Forestieri to track back is nonsense...play him in their half...It would stop any of the oppo defenders loping up the left...who would risk leaving him down the side on his own?

He tracks back, he simply draws another oppo player up the pitch.

Is he a luxury player?..I dunno..but to my mind he's the only one who can do something fast, unexpected and at times matchwinning....he can't do it from left back though

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Judging by our performers I would say that is very few under the current manager and who can blame them?

It took about half an hour to work out whether it was a back 3 or back 4 first half last night with Penney seemingly positioned as a wing back some of the time then more of a central midfielder at others. 

It is so demoralising to watch, it can't be that much fun to play in either. 

Im meaning in terms of big sales.

Bannan and Reach seem to want to be here. Can't say same of Forestieri.

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Either that or use him properly...

To expect Forestieri to track back is nonsense...play him in their half...It would stop any of the oppo defenders loping up the left...who would risk leaving him down the side on his own?

He tracks back, he simply draws another oppo player up the pitch.

Is he a luxury player?..I dunno..but to my mind he's the only one who can do something fast, unexpected and at times matchwinning....he can't do it from left back though

Sometimes you have to track back, especially as a left winger. 

He is a massive luxury and something which I think we all know we can't afford to carry someone in a relegation battle, someone who doesn't really want to be here.

He might be a quality player but if he can't be arsed to work for the team then he has to leave.

1 minute ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Its amazing how people always jump on to criticise the guy

He looked as bothered as anyone else.

For instance Bannan couldnt be bothered picking out a pass first half

Some of our fans want to hound skilful players out of the club

Am I a massive fan of his but he stood in front in the north stand last night and literally didnt move more than 10 m for about 5 mins. He just didn't want the ball.

14 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He is a massive luxury and something which I think we all know we can't afford to carry someone in a relegation battle, someone who doesn't really want to be here.

He might be a quality player but if he can't be arsed to work for the team then he has to leave.

How had we been doing in the 5 games that the 'massive luxury' missed since he played in the win at Bristol? How did we perform against the mighty Bolton in the first half last night?

Bolton's manager acknowledged he made a difference to our approach in the spell that ultimately won us the game.

If offers come in for the likes of Reach and Bannan in January do you think those players who you say really want to be here would turn them down because they are happy with the way things are going? 

24 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He presses from the front, he closes down...He ran his socks off against Derby...But it needs doing from the front...

We can't afford to carry anyone...we carried penney for 45 minutes...We carried mathias for half the game...We carried Fletcher who did Jack for 30 minutes...FF is the least of our "Totin' folk around on the back of others" mate

Edited by asteener1867

Forestieiri on his day is absolutely unstoppable.  

He hasn't started enough games this season or shown anything like the form we saw towards the back end of last season.  

Watching the game last night, I was looking to see where Nando was as he wasn't anywhere near the final third. Having him out on the left wing doesn't help him or us.  

Personally I would give him a free role just behind the main striker.  

1 hour ago, Ronio said:

Forestieiri on his day is absolutely unstoppable.  

He hasn't started enough games this season or shown anything like the form we saw towards the back end of last season.  

Watching the game last night, I was looking to see where Nando was as he wasn't anywhere near the final third. Having him out on the left wing doesn't help him or us.  

Personally I would give him a free role just behind the main striker.  

I do think FF's best position is left hand side of a front 3 . In a 433 he does need to track back to some extent but there was more for him to do last night because they were having a go after we scored and throwing people forward.

I said at the game that I thought we should have swapped Reach and FF for the last 20 to give Thornily more protection down the wing while FF could have perhaps made something happen in the middle and linked with Nuhiu

11 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

I wanted him on instead of Athde. Stick him up front and tell him to do what he wants as long as he's onside. Their defence wouldn't have coped and he'd have had a hatfull of chances. As it was he looked a bit lost and fed up on the left. 

Yep!  it's just bizarre. The most exciting player we've had for 20 years and Matias is picked before him.

7 hours ago, Walt said:

He played with better players under CC. We had a very decent back four to begin with and often with Hutch dropping deep operating as if we were a back three when Pudil and Hunt pushed on. Add that to the movement between the lines of Hooper, Bannan and Lee then it’s no wonder FF revelled in wandering in from the LHS. 

Now it’s a different story. 

Spot on mate.

9 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Here’s his starts and subs...

FF Starting Pl 6. W0. D3. L3.  Pts 3 (plus defeat in Carp Bao Cup)

FF Sub Pl 5. W5. D0. L0. Pts 15.

Unavailable FF Pl. 8. W1. D2. L5. Pts 5.

Hard to argue that Jos isn’t right on this. 

It's not that hard to argue Jos isn't right though is it?

Compare the teams he was benched against to those he started against   Sure if he'd started against Bolton and been benched against Derby the results would have been reversed?  The stats don't compare like with like...

Its the unavailable stat which is most telling because we look clueless when he doesn't figure in the match day squad.

Thought he ambled around too much and really looked like he was sulking last night. I thought that showed a poor attitude - Still by a mile our most talented player. the ONLY player in our squad right now I would pay to see and one of the best players we have seen at S6 in the last 30 years. But let's use him as a modern day David Fairclough (Google it!)

Statistics pointless statistics (but good fun to promote a debate!)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Its amazing how people always jump on to criticise the guy

He looked as bothered as anyone else.

For instance Bannan couldnt be bothered picking out a pass first half

Some of our fans want to hound skilful players out of the club

I don’t think we’d havd won had he stayed on the bench.

13 hours ago, I'm an Essex Owl said:

It's not that hard to argue Jos isn't right though is it?

Compare the teams he was benched against to those he started against   Sure if he'd started against Bolton and been benched against Derby the results would have been reversed?  The stats don't compare like with like...

Its the unavailable stat which is most telling because we look clueless when he doesn't figure in the match day squad.

Thought he ambled around too much and really looked like he was sulking last night. I thought that showed a poor attitude - Still by a mile our most talented player. the ONLY player in our squad right now I would pay to see and one of the best players we have seen at S6 in the last 30 years. But let's use him as a modern day David Fairclough (Google it!)

Statistics pointless statistics (but good fun to promote a debate!)

Good post.

Stats mean nothing without proper evaluation.

Not a fan of Mourinho but what was his quote at the weekend 

“ stats are used by people who don’t understand football “

I don’t think that is right but they need proper evaluation.

On 28/11/2018 at 16:49, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I agree.

On 28/11/2018 at 16:49, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Only issue I have with that is that the sale of him alone will not solve our FFP issues. Not by a long shot. To clear that I honestly think we'd need to also sell Bannan and Reach.