Nando

3 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

Only issue I have with that is that the sale of him alone will not solve our FFP issues. Not by a long shot. To clear that I honestly think we'd need to also sell Bannan and Reach.

We'd be fine. Selling him would put us under for the 3 years and remember from next year 16/17 drops off.

10 minutes into the opening game at Wigan it dawned on me, the guy is now completely out of our league, it was actually quite embarrassing. 

Forestieri came back in the form of his life last season, it was the best I've seen him play for us. Tireless, tenacious, aggressive, direct and ruthless, some understandably put this down to Jos but after this season so far it's probably fair to say it was probably Fernando's doing. 

For me we can have no complaints if he wants to leave.

I don’t know what all this is about.

i thought he was decent when he came on and we improved as a consequence- it’s only his second appearance since being out for a decent while as well.

stop making issues that aren’t there - we’ve got more than enough genuine things to worry about.

On 28/11/2018 at 17:29, asteener1867 said:

He presses from the front, he closes down...He ran his socks off against Derby...But it needs doing from the front...

We can't afford to carry anyone...we carried penney for 45 minutes...We carried mathias for half the game...We carried Fletcher who did Jack for 30 minutes...FF is the least of our "Totin' folk around on the back of others" mate

Absolutely - only our clueless manager would sit him on the bench in a game like that.

1 hour ago, Owl Be Back said:

How much do you think we'd get. I thought we needed £13 million?

I reckon we'd get better 8 and 10m for him.

Not sure it'll be as much as 13m we'd need to get out of trouble.

All depends how much we cut costs last season. We won't be too far over IMO or we wouldn't have exited the embargo I wouldn't have thought.

8 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I reckon we'd get better 8 and 10m for him.

Not sure it'll be as much as 13m we'd need to get out of trouble.

All depends how much we cut costs last season. We won't be too far over IMO or we wouldn't have exited the embargo I wouldn't have thought.

That was my point. I don't think we'd get close to even 8-10m for him; injury prone and a bit of a trouble-maker, or at least the perception of being difficult to manage. Also, other clubs now know we're in the sh*t. So, in order to address that £13m it could me selling two from him, Bannan and Reach or, considering how poorly managed we've been, that could even mean all three.

I miss the old days when managers had the personality and ability to motivate players into playing well, playing them in their right position and making them happy to play for the club. Also providing instruction and encouragement from the side lines and celebrating when goals are scored with the fans. 

It’s sad times have changed..

Guardiola/Klopp/Mourinho/Potchettino/Emery/Howe/Dyche/Warnock/Wagner/Smith/Gerrard/Rodgers/Pulis/Farke/Wilder/Lampard/Hughes/Silva/Ross/Monk what now?

27 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I miss the old days when managers had the personality and ability to motivate players into playing well, playing them in their right position and making them happy to play for the club. Also providing instruction and encouragement from the side lines and celebrating when goals are scored with the fans. 

It’s sad times have changed..

Guardiola/Klopp/Mourinho/Potchettino/Emery/Howe/Dyche/Warnock/Wagner/Smith/Gerrard/Rodgers/Pulis/Farke/Wilder/Lampard/Hughes/Silva/Ross/Monk what now?

The ex-journeyman pro Fred Eyre tells a lovely story about a Stockport (I think ) player in the 70s who was desperately unhappy at the club and had been angling for a transfer.

The player scored a goal, ran towards the dugout, slid on his knees, stretched his arms out wide and sang the then No 1 hit Please Release Me, Let Me Go.