Another Opportunity Missed!

36 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

A club our size should be doing far more to generate commercial revenues than we do currently. We can't even sell out our exec boxes due to having priced the customers out, yet we are being hauled over the coals for FFP. It's complete and utter madness that we aren't exploring every opportunity to generate additional revenue to fund our footballing side. This is one such opportunity.

I'm sorry but when it comes to the commercial side, inept is the only word to describe it. If you feel that is needlessly slagging the club off, fair do's, but sometimes the truth is so bloody obvious we just don't want to face up to it.

What do you do for a living? I like to know where my experts learned their business.

39 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

If you feel that is needlessly slagging the club off

Yep you are. Piggies have rented for next to nowt, no big money in it for them, prob a tax loss ...just a publicity stunt.

Rod can't believe his luck...he's fooookin quids in...arena will not be happy either lol

2 hours ago, steveger said:

Doesn't look like we ever will, maybe a safety issue with our out of date stadium and facilities ?

Can't solely blame our present dictator chairman as its been like that for years

Isnt it about time that something was done about the safety issues with the stadium/facilities then?

The guy has been chairman for almost 4 years.  DC could have resolved some of these issues if he’d made them a priority.

So yeah actually, DC has to take some of the responsibility in regards to why Hillsborough Stadium, which was once one of the best grounds in the country, is in such a dire need of a revamp.

I can remember when Billy Graham toured and appeared at the Lane.

Can’t imagine any evangelist filling football stadiums nowadays.

I’ve watched cricket there too. I bet many on here don’t realise that their ground used to only have 3 sides.

Wasn't Ron Atkinson big mates with Rod Stewart? He used to have a full sized football pitch at his “stately home” down South and a lot of Clubs used to use it, for training when playing away?

4 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

I can remember when Billy Graham toured and appeared at the Lane.

Can’t imagine any evangelist filling football stadiums nowadays.

I’ve watched cricket there too. I bet many on here don’t realise that their ground used to only have 3 sides.

Wasn't Ron Atkinson big mates with Rod Stewart? He used to have a full sized football pitch at his “stately home” down South and a lot of Clubs used to use it, for training when playing away?

I was in the cricket pavilion as a kid. Watched Yorkshire v Worcestershire I think it was. United player Ted Hemsley was playing for Worcestershire. Ruined a good cricket ground.

35 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

What do you do for a living? I like to know where my experts learned their business.

I'm a taxi driver, it's well known that we are the font of all knowledge!

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I was in the cricket pavilion as a kid. Watched Yorkshire v Worcestershire I think it was. United player Ted Hemsley was playing for Worcestershire. Ruined a good cricket ground.

That's a bit harsh on Hemsley!

1 hour ago, Quist said:

Its the stadium and location which lets us down. That is why income form stadium is poor compared with other more conveniently located stadiums.

Plus since disaster nobody keen to come.

Yep, apart from the League Cup finals, FA Cup semi-finals, Euro '96 and being selected for the 2018 World Cup bid.  You're absolutely spot-on.