Another Opportunity Missed!

6 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I was in the cricket pavilion as a kid. Watched Yorkshire v Worcestershire I think it was. United player Ted Hemsley was playing for Worcestershire. Ruined a good cricket ground.

Using it for football ruined a good cricket venue IMO.

Went as a kid, to watch the touring West Indies side. But it had rained overnight, so we sat on the pavement waiting for the turnstiles to open. The days play was subsequently called off at lunchtime, so we didn’t even get in - so I never saw Sobers “live”.

4 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Using it for football ruined a good cricket venue IMO.

Went as a kid, to watch the touring West Indies side. But it had rained overnight, so we sat on the pavement waiting for the turnstiles to open. The days play was subsequently called off at lunchtime, so we didn’t even get in - so I never saw Sobers “live”.

Shame that Paul, he'd have knocked you for six!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, steveger said:

Wouldnt want that old mhanky wee wee stained plastic scotsman/irishman anywhere near Hillsborough anyway, leave him weeing on the seats at parkhead where he fits in.

We already have more than enough OAP's that stink of wee wee at S6...

Not just OAP's either if i'm to be honest :laugh:

Wish people wouldn't hold back and say it like it is.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/rod-stewart-set-to-rock-huge-summer-show-at-sheffield-united-s-bramall-lane-stadium-1-9449828

Yet again our totally inept Chairman and Commercial Dept miss out on a revenue generating opportunity. Remember talk of the stadium being used for Rock concerts back in the 80's and 90's but it didn't happen. Will we ever get our act together?

Don't want that melt or his groupies anywhere near Hillsborough....be like grab a grannie :Pelupessy:

1 minute ago, Utah Owl said:

Shame that Paul, he'd have knocked you for six!

Yes, 6 sixes.

I remember that. Captured on camera too.

A great sportsman - transcends all loyalties.

I saw Tendulkar too, in his last game the Oval - IIRC he was out for a duck.

Tendulkar (for those who have any interest, was the first non Yorkshireman to play for Yorkshire- aged 16).

I still think Yorkshire should only select from those born within its boundary - it made us special.

Parochial but, special.

1 minute ago, daleblue said:

He's got bigger wrinkles on his face, than the crack on his girlfriends arrse.

I don’t know if he has had botox/plastic surgery - but the last time I saw him, he looked pretty good TBH.

Not a big Rod fan - but he had two careers/phases.

The early Rod/Faces, was excellent. Loved some of his early stuff.

Just now, sherlyegg said:

Saw Bruce Sprinsteen at the stain, closing number was Born to Run...never was a song more apt :biggrin:

I remember the night he was playing - IIRC I drove past, from the Peakes, on the way to the pit for a night shift.

Him and Billy Graham were the two big gigs. Was it the 80’s - Cant remember now.

The cricket would have been in the sixties/ early seventies.

4 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

I don’t know if he has had botox/plastic surgery - but the last time I saw him, he looked pretty good TBH.

Not a big Rod fan - but he had two careers/phases.

The early Rod/Faces, was excellent. Loved some of his early stuff.

After agree on his late 60s early 70s, good stuff.

3 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

I remember the night he was playing - IIRC I drove past, from the Peakes, on the way to the pit for a night shift.

Him and Billy Graham were the two big gigs. Was it the 80’s - Cant remember now.

The cricket would have been in the sixties/ early seventies.

Round about 1988--Bruce Spring.