The Blavdes best ever chance to avenge BDM

They cant ever avenge it

top of the league, telling us all we couldn't win, coining the phrase boxing day massacre, before the event, then losing 4-0, we went up they stayed where they were until they got relegated, they then achieved there greatest season in winning the fourth division title, which is one thing they have over us because we have achieved that,

the situation can never be repeated, they can never avenge it

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

It's pretty poor isn't it?

Sensing an awful lot of wounded pride lately, and fair enough - but not sensing much of what that pride is actually rooted in.

Interesting. Depressing, too.

Meh, I'll always be a clapper to some. And yeah I'll clap graft all day long, results or no. I think that's as it should be.

Good effort tonight. I clapped at full time.

It's not a ringing endorsement of everything ever. But I've been around long enough to know a small positive when I see it.

It's weird to me, I'm 40 and we've hardly ever been doing 'well'. I do wonder what some people expect - if it's not grit, then what? Winning? Yeah good luck with that.

My first game was 1984, so hardly an old head by Owlstalk standards, but still...good luck with those high, high standards. Where they come from I have no idea.

WAWAW. I think.

serious question, did you clap 'at full time' in the norwich game?

38 minutes ago, the third man said:

They cant ever avenge it

top of the league, telling us all we couldn't win, coining the phrase boxing day massacre, before the event, then losing 4-0, we went up they stayed where they were until they got relegated, they then achieved there greatest season in winning the fourth division title, which is one thing they have over us because we have achieved that,

the situation can never be repeated, they can never avenge it

Nice post. 

garymegson

truth is they never really looked like breaking us down …..3 pot shots from distance that dawson comfortably dealt with , a dodgy penalty …..the only clear cut chance was fat billy missing that header …..for all that pressure they created very little . 

14 hours ago, wakefieldowl said:

Both games at bumhole lane saw us expecting a trouncing...revenge for BDM. last season we were so relieved and happy with the 0.0 it seemed like a win.

Fast forward to this season and we are disgracefully in the same situation. This time though the 0.0 seems embarrassing rather than a triumph.

Someone at SWFC needs to learn from this.  We are Wednesday ffs. We should NEVER be going to the stain fearing a thrashing ever again.

To be fair we’ve rarely gone to the lane in a position of favourites bar perhaps the early 90s.

in the 00’s we regularly went there fearing a thrashing.

people are talking like we should be going there and taking the mick.

9 minutes ago, Simaniac Owl said:

Dem blavdes will always be second best to Sheffield’s Powerful Club. 

Some things will never change. 

The gift that never stops giving pmsl. lol 

OLDER

BIGGER

BETTER,

and now, thanks to Peppa Mardiola and his vitriolic hatred towards The Wednesday, MORE POWERFUL.!!!!!!!!!

FFP
FFS

32 minutes ago, dnhc said:

serious question, did you clap 'at full time' in the norwich game?

No I didn't. Didn't see a lot of effort there, i saw a total capitulation at 0-2 which was hugely disappointing and looked very weak-willed to me.

I filed out quite dejectedly along with the few hundred others on the Kop who hadn't left much, much earlier.

Why?

5 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

The gift that never stops giving pmsl. lol 

OLDER

BIGGER

BETTER,

and now, thanks to Peppa Mardiola and his vitriolic hatred towards The Wednesday, MORE POWERFUL.!!!!!!!!!

FFP
FFS

We can always count on dem blavdes to give us a laugh and remind us that we will ALWAYS be Sheffield’s top team. 

:stuwinky::Chansiri:garymegson

Edited by Simaniac Owl
  • Like 1

I think that most people aren't really embarrassed or disappointed by last night. More so that we are now in a position where we are such big under dogs when playing them considering where we were a couple of years ago. It didn't really last very long did it.

20 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

No I didn't. Didn't see a lot of effort there, i saw a total capitulation at 0-2 which was hugely disappointing and looked very weak-willed to me.

I filed out quite dejectedly along with the few hundred others on the Kop who hadn't left much, much earlier.

Why?

just wondered if you had a 'cut off' point where you thought the team hadn't earned your support/thanks.

1 hour ago, dnhc said:

just wondered if you had a 'cut off' point where you thought the team hadn't earned your support/thanks.

Can't quite tell if you're being serious or not, but for the record it's definitely not like they have to 'earn' my anything. (Least of all my thanks!)

They'll always have my support; they're my team.

I think the point I was originally trying to make was just that I'll always be happy to applaud genuine effort, even if the results aren't going for us.

31 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Can't quite tell if you're being serious or not, but for the record it's definitely not like they have to 'earn' my anything. (Least of all my thanks!)

They'll always have my support; they're my team.

I think the point I was originally trying to make was just that I'll always be happy to applaud genuine effort, even if the results aren't going for us.

serious.

nothing wrong with showing gratitude to a team that's just given it's best, i would hope we all do that.

i recall a story from early l**ds days under revie, fa cup i believe, and 6-0 down bremner complained to the ref that west ham were time wasting, that's what i want from our side, true, and bitter commitment.