The Blavdes best ever chance to avenge BDM

15 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

We've had a horrible run, 4 defeats on the bounce

We're shipping goals like a pub team

We're hearing stories of unrest in the camp, one supporter states a player told him they were considering letting United thump us in order to get the manager sacked

We've got kids playing

We've got injuries

United are flying

I'll admit, I've been concerned all week

We've managed to keep them at bay

That's got to hurt

And we've still got Wednesdayites complaining using words like, embarrased, disgraceful, humiliating

For goodness sake guys

The highlighted bit is the most embarrassing thing I have heard.

36 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

We're hearing stories of unrest in the camp, one supporter states a player told him they were considering letting United thump us in order to get the manager sacked

We've got kids playing

We've got injuries

United are flying

That's got to hurt

And we've still got Wednesdayites complaining using words like, embarrased, disgraceful, humiliating

For goodness sake guys

It's pretty poor isn't it?

Sensing an awful lot of wounded pride lately, and fair enough - but not sensing much of what that pride is actually rooted in.

Interesting. Depressing, too.

Meh, I'll always be a clapper to some. And yeah I'll clap graft all day long, results or no. I think that's as it should be.

Good effort tonight. I clapped at full time.

It's not a ringing endorsement of everything ever. But I've been around long enough to know a small positive when I see it.

It's weird to me, I'm 40 and we've hardly ever been doing 'well'. I do wonder what some people expect - if it's not grit, then what? Winning? Yeah good luck with that.

My first game was 1984, so hardly an old head by Owlstalk standards, but still...good luck with those high, high standards. Where they come from I have no idea.

WAWAW. I think.

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Both games at bumhole lane saw us expecting a trouncing...revenge for BDM. last season we were so relieved and happy with the 0.0 it seemed like a win.

Fast forward to this season and we are disgracefully in the same situation. This time though the 0.0 seems embarrassing rather than a triumph.

Someone at SWFC needs to learn from this.  We are Wednesday ffs. We should NEVER be going to the stain fearing a thrashing ever again.

39 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

We've got kids playing

We've got injuries

United are flying

That's got to hurt

For goodness sake guys

I agree. With the state we’re in tonight there was plenty of potential for a proper bad score line.

Yeah, we were all over the place attempting to go forward, but sod it, that horrible squared-headed porker Wilder has become the first manager who’s failed to crack our defence. Seeing his red face seething away in that interview afterwards made it all worthwhile.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Not sure who’s the most bitter tonight: Wilderbeast or the Jos out brigade. Very sad.

This was the Blunts golden opportunity to thrash us in a way that would have scarred us for decades just as the BDM eats away at them. It didn’t happen, be pleased about that at least.

In the more immediate picture we stopped the rot of four defeats and kept a clean sheet against a top six team who just about everyone fully expected to beat us comfortably. More good news surely?

There’s some on here would flounce if they won £1m on the lottery cos it would have been better if they’d won £2m!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Key said:

Not sure who’s the most bitter tonight: Wilderbeast or the Jos out brigade. Very sad.

This was the Blunts golden opportunity to thrash us in a way that would have scarred us for decades just as the BDM eats away at them. It didn’t happen, be pleased about that at least.

In the more immediate picture we stopped the rot of four defeats and kept a clean sheet against a top six team who just about everyone fully expected to beat us comfortably. More good news surely?

There’s some on here would flounce if they won £1m on the lottery cos it would have been better if they’d won £2m!

This, pretty much. Would've loved to see us have a go, of course. But I'm quite happy to be sitting here with a massive Scotch thinking 'heh, a month of increasingly horrifying nightmares, and...wow, now i get an actual weekend, who'd have thunk it?'. Feels pretty ok to me.

Monday I'm straight back to fretting over why I expected us to get whupped, the future, FFP, DC, Jos, all of it.

But ffs it's the ones who started fretting about all that on 75min tonight who I genuinely worry about.

Edited by Mr. Tom

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

Must admit I’ve been bricking it all week. 

Me too

I fully expected a thumping

But when I saw that thread stating a player had told a supporter they were going to let United thump us, I thought someone is telling porkies here, and it made me start to believe, I told my son a couple of minutes before kick off, that everything is against us, it's that bad that I can see us pinching this

And when Dawson saved that penalty I told him again, we're going to pinch this, they aren't going to score

But when they got that free kick at the end, I thought this is it, it's going in

To hear Wilder at the end saying things about playing a 'powerful club' that was the icing on the cake, to me that was an admission that Wednesday are the bigger club

I know all us Wednesdayites know we are the bigger club, but to hear a United manager almost belittle the Blades, I was gobsmacked

If any Wednesday manager ever describes Dem Blavdes as a 'powerful club' I will be the first to boo him

UTO FTB

• Like 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

13 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Me too

I fully expected a thumping

But when I saw that thread stating a player had told a supporter they were going to let United thump us, I thought someone is telling porkies here, and it made me start to believe, I told my son a couple of minutes before kick off, that everything is against us, it's that bad that I can see us pinching this

And when Dawson saved that penalty I told him again, we're going to pinch this, they aren't going to score

But when they got that free kick at the end, I thought this is it, it's going in

To hear Wilder at the end saying things about playing a 'powerful club' that was the icing on the cake, to me that was an admission that Wednesday are the bigger club

I know all us Wednesdayites know we are the bigger club, but to hear a United manager almost belittle the Blades, I was gobsmacked

If any Wednesday manager ever describes Dem Blavdes as a 'powerful club' I will be the first to boo him

UTO FTB

Great Post mate. 

• Thanks 1

United are a mid-table club, based on playing staff, who are at the top due to the efforts of Chris Wilder.

With a fully fit squad (not having FF, Lee and Hoopero makes a big difference) you'd expect us to be above them in the league, all things being equal, but we're saddled with Jos.

That's it really.

To do better we need the injured players back and a better manager.

I'm really happy tonight because I thought we was gonna get moidered! Genuinely felt it could have been worse than BDM and didn't even dare look at score (or on here) until it was all over. 

Clearly our 40k per week players were far too powerful for them!

• Haha 2