Amazed

22 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Every player put in a shift, but oh my, aren’t we boring, completely devoid of any attacking intent A performance similar to last one we put in at the stain We haven’t progressed under Jos at all

Yes because if anything he has an even more depleted and less experienced squad. That isn't his fault.

Im not defending Jos but I think people are struggling with the size of the bigger picture. The remit is survival and with selection conditions 

7 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

Yes because if anything he has an even more depleted and less experienced squad. That isn't his fault.

Im not defending Jos but I think people are struggling with the size of the bigger picture. The remit is survival and with selection conditions 

Come on, he chooses to blood the kids. Why not let the likes of Fletcher, Reach, Joao and Matias, take the game to them? Those players, under a decent coach, are more than capable of taking the game to the opposition, they just aren’t encouraged to

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Come on, he chooses to blood the kids. Why not let the likes of Fletcher, Reach, Joao and Matias, take the game to them? Those players, under a decent coach, are more than capable of taking the game to the opposition, they just aren’t encouraged to

The big difference between them and us is the midfield, they've almost got 4 players there as good if not better than our best midfielder.

They would have ripped us a new one if we'd been gung ho today. We defended well and created a couple of breakaway chances we failed to take and had two good snap chances. It wasn't pretty but it was probably the only way to get something.

Onto what Jos said (against his character I might add) regarding player selection. I refuse to believe it's true. He looks everything like a yes man and there has been plenty to suggest operation cover up behind the scenes, not for the 1st time over last 18 months.

If we played like we did today against Rotherham away I'd be concerned. Credit where it's due, blunts are challenging for the title like it or not and we (with the players apparently available) look average to me, more so to a neutral.

41 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Fletcher needs good service, we don't have the midfield for that.  João is either brilliant or embarrassing, Matias has been injured yet again and Reach seems to score a goal of the season worldy or do very little. 

I accept that they are all capable of slightly better, but the fact is they're not actually that good. We don't have the pace or the quality in the squad to be even remotely frightening to the opposition, we're not going to get on the front foot and dominate anybody, so grinding out ugly results is probably the only option we've got, wether Jos is manager or not. 

4 minutes ago, Lee A said:

Fletcher needs good service, we don't have the midfield for that.  João is either brilliant or embarrassing, Matias has been injured yet again and Reach seems to score a goal of the season worldy or do very little. 

I accept that they are all capable of slightly better, but the fact is they're not actually that good. We don't have the pace or the quality in the squad to be even remotely frightening to the opposition, we're not going to get on the front foot and dominate anybody, so grinding out ugly results is probably the only option we've got, wether Jos is manager or not. 

Individually, United's players are nothing special. Yet Wilder manages to get them on the front foot dominating teams. Because he's a good manager who knows how to set them up properly and motivate them. 

The right manager can make a massive difference.

5 minutes ago, Lee A said:

I can’t agree with that, we saw what these players can do, when Carlos had us on the front foot. Man for man, United are no better than us, it’s down to the way that Wilder has them playing. 

31 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I can’t agree with that, we saw what these players can do, when Carlos had us on the front foot. 

João and Matias barely got a kick under Carlos and Reach looked bang average at best. 

In his first season, we had Forestieri and Bannan firing all cylinders week in week out, Hooper came in January and Kieran Lee was arguably one of the best players in the league that year. We had Hunt playing well, Pudil's legs hadn't gone and the same could probably be said for the likes of Loovens and Wallace.  It doesn't take much to see why we're not dominating in the as way now. 

In Carlos'  2nd season, as his style became stagnant and the injuries kicked in, we weren't on the front foot nearly as much, and the following season until he left, things were every bit as boring and bereft of creativity as they are now.  

This team isn't good, the players aren't very good and unfortunately, for this season we have no right to be competing with the likes of United, wether we want to accept it or not, they're better at the moment, pound for pound and man for man.  

7 hours ago, Fibonacci91 said:

They're a nothing little tin pot and you're happy for them to be better than us. Significantly better than us.

Dude get over yourself. Can't be that tinpot if they're joint top. Please tell me how they are up there then?

I get that they are our rivals but your stance and ignorance is quite frankly embarrassing.

Get a grip man and maybe take a break from supporting Wednesday. It clearly isn't what you want right now