Amazed

Just now, gurujuan said:

Every player put in a shift, but oh my, aren’t we boring, completely devoid of any attacking intent A performance similar to last one we put in at the stain We haven’t progressed under Jos at all

We've drawn a line under some of the defensive frailties.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

I'm absolutely amazed at some of the positive reactions to that performance. I cannot believe that performance. Its not their fault. They're not very good. What are we as a club.  Did we even have 20% possession. Couldn't even make a sub and try and win the game. Celebrating that draw on the pitch after that performance. Against Sheffield United? They're a nothing team, a nothing club, they'e absolutely nothing. We looked like we couldn't even set up properly at professional level. It was like watching bullying out there, almost like abuse, it was difficult to watch.

They have no right to be footballers them lot.

I've never been so embarrassed. Shameful. Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

They've been a better team than us for two years. 

I don't like them. Pains me to say it.

But let's not make out that they aren't a well drilled and organised unit that have been built up over 3 seasons by a manager allowed to choose and bring in his own targets.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, debram said:

Embarrassing at times but glad of a point and not a thrashing, onwards and up.

Its refreshing to see at least one positive post. 

19 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

I'm absolutely amazed at some of the positive reactions to that performance. I cannot believe that performance. Its not their fault. They're not very good. What are we as a club.  Did we even have 20% possession. Couldn't even make a sub and try and win the game. Celebrating that draw on the pitch after that performance. Against Sheffield United? They're a nothing team, a nothing club, they'e absolutely nothing. We looked like we couldn't even set up properly at professional level. It was like watching bullying out there, almost like abuse, it was difficult to watch.

They have no right to be footballers them lot.

I've never been so embarrassed. Shameful. Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

And how long have you been a fan, I wonder? I've seen far worse teams at much lower levels scrapping for points over my 40 years as a fan. Tonight I saw a team, way off their best and off a string of awful performances, going into the cauldron of a top three side who win for fun, and battling for a point. Pathetic? I don't think so, We have no automatic right of superiority. W are second best at the moment so understand that, and appreciate the effort this team put in tonight.

That all folks, time for bed for the old guy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Costello 77 said:

Well what are you embarrassed about then? We've just drawn away to one of the top teams in the division FFS.

Ime as pleased as anyone with the result, its the fact that we have no shape/gameplan, out played, bizarre though, our first clean sheet and what a save from the pen that should not have been.

1 minute ago, baz9209 said:

This site is toxic 

we have good players 

we should be able to give united a game 

the difference is clear.....I will spell it out for you

MANAGER

+

HART (management term)

solve that solve 70% of our problems 

Solve to solve.

Hart to Hart.

Ashes to Ashes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, debram said:

Ime as pleased as anyone with the result, its the fact that we have no shape/gameplan, out played, bizarre though, our first clean sheet and what a save from the pen that should not have been.

I thought our gameplan was clear. Defend. Worked well.

• Like 1

Just now, CLswfc said:

Its refreshing to see at least one positive post. 

I can only think that our players will see it as a massive positive, sheme about another pointless international break, we could have done with another game next midweek to keep the positivity going

3 minutes ago, debram said:

Did you listen to our managers interview after the match?

For all the talk about wages from Wilder. I bet the wage budget of the players we are actually using isn’t that high!

Having said that, even last seasons defensive display had some good chances. I expected something from us going forward even if United were going to be doing most of it.

9 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Pissed on their party? You dont think all those little piggy fans know how pathetic we are. That from minute one we didnt even dare try to play football.

I think they're pretty happy  overachieving having seen where they are in comparison to their biggest rivals.

I get that you're some sort of self-appointed wind up merchant, but could you try and keep the point you're pretending to make consistent please? 

7 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

They've been a better team than us for two years. 

I don't like them. Pains me to say it.

But let's not make out that they aren't a well drilled and organised unit that have been built up over 3 seasons by a manager allowed to choose and bring in his own targets.

You can add innovative to that as well As much as I dislike him, Wilder is an impressive tactician