Hutchinson

6 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Here’s a few questions Hutch could be the answer to:

Which player is more suited to a back 3 than Tom Lees?

Who scored the 3rd goal in a 3-0 victory over Arsenal?

Who is the best defensive midfielder in our squad?

Which player was named man of the match when we beat Newcastle 1-0 away on Boxing Day?

Name a player that you’d have on the bench ahead of Baker, Kirby, Preston, Shaw or Rice?

Is this from the Sheffield Wednesday Quiz Book 2016?

We are almost in 2019 ffs.

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Westwood missed the odd game here and there with injury. But to be fair last season was the only long term injury he's had as a keeper. And he wasn't the only one who has missed a large period of games. 

Westwood hasn't just missed the odd game here and there with injury, he's also been substituted 'injured' more times than every other goalkeeper combined in our entire 150 year history.

That's not more times than any one individual but more times than ALL of them put together........all 150 years worth of them

Should I say it again just to make sure I've made the point 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Westwood missed the odd game here and there with injury. But to be fair last season was the only long term injury he's had as a keeper. And he wasn't the only one who has missed a large period of games. 

For the record, I agree on Hutch. He's a liability and his fitness over the past 18 months has been poor. But when you see us try and play it out the back every week and fail miserably, it's a shame to have a player like Hutch who could remedy that not even make the squad. When you lack bite and character throughout the side, and Hutch is not in the squad it seems daft. He's not necessarily the answer, but is sticking an 18 year old who's not even had a game for the under 23s on the bench the answer?

Just seems daft.

If this manager has a long term role at this Club - and it’s a big if - then we have to look to the future.

Playing expensive let downs, week in week out, to perform the same as in the past, isn’t the future.

We are playing them for the sake of it - because they are getting paid anyway.

It’s treading water.

I suspect he inherited a massive attitude problem. Some not wanting to play through niggles and some, picking games.

It doesn’t make sense otherwise.

Unless you accept the bonus/wages conspiracies.

I don’t.

I think he’s freezing out what he sees as deadwood/liabilities.

I don’t have any argument with regard to Westwood and Hutchinson, in that regard.

Lost patience with them personally - he ought to rid a few more IMO.

13 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

So Sonny, let me tell you how world war Hutch started ;...…………………………………….

In the fred covering our U23's match V Burnley today, ( in which both Wildsmith and Van Aken dropped clangers), someone posted a copy of one of them tweet things which said, quote " Sam Hutchinson kicking off down at training ground saying he can't even get a game in U23's"

I'd copy and paste it if I knew how, but it's near the bottom of page 2 of the fred.

Seems the OP has seen it and come up with his/her own version worded to cause a stir. Mind you, I love how half the forum are ready to tear out each other's throats on the back of a rehashed , unsubstantiated twatter rumour pmsl lol lol lol 

BTW. Our U23's lost 1-4 to Burnley.

FFP
FFS

2-4.

Fake News is how wars start.

WTF:

3 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

If this manager has a long term role at this Club - and it’s a big if - then we have to look to the future.

Playing expensive let downs, week in week out, to perform the same as in the past, isn’t the future.

We are playing them for the sake of it - because they are getting paid anyway.

It’s treading water.

I suspect he inherited a massive attitude problem. Some not wanting to play through niggles and some, picking games.

It doesn’t make sense otherwise.

Unless you accept the bonus/wages conspiracies.

I don’t.

I think he’s freezing out what he sees as deadwood/liabilities.

I don’t have any argument with regard to Westwood and Hutchinson, in that regard.

Lost patience with them personally - he ought to rid a few more IMO.

Who else is left to freeze out realistically? 

5 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

- he ought to rid a few more IMO.

And in the summer we'll see just that that. 

Whether Jos sees it remains to be seen, whether he's doing a good job, bad job or indifferent once the masses have turned there's no comeback other than  winning week in and week out - which with this team won't happen.  

3 defeats on the spin and the tide is turning. Rightly or wrongly.

Heavy defeats to the snortbeasts and some will be baying for blood.

6 minutes ago, Ian said:

Westwood hasn't just missed the odd game here and there with injury, he's also been substituted 'injured' more times than every other goalkeeper combined in our entire 150 year history.

That's not more times than any one individual but more times than ALL of them put together........all 150 years worth of them

Should I say it again just to make sure I've made the point 

Got the stats to back that up? Not disagreeing with you, would just be interesting to see.

7 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

You don't think it's about cutting the wage bill then? I've always thought this situation with Westwood was to do with trying to force him out and get him off the books. Hard to say with Hutchinson at this point as it doesn't seem as though he's even been an option yet this season (fitness wise).

Westwood is on a huge clean sheet bonus but a relatively low basic hence his previous self certified fitness being acceptable to both him and seemingly his last boss.

I would imagine Boyd and Jones were signed with appearance bonuses to discourage them from t0ssing it off.

In truth there is probably an element of their pay to it but there is also I'd guess a higher level of expactation to at least try and justify the reason for their signing and the wages that came with it.

Are the players never, ever, entitled to be part of the criticism related to the disappointment following their signing and when they step out of line?

It is probably a big ask for some to toe the  new line following the last line being so loose but they are highly paid professionals, not children and there is no doubt in my mind that some of those being screamed for have at times been sulking, bitching and generally taking thepiss.  Hooper being the most recent example by the looks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, David1867 said:

Who else is left to freeze out realistically? 

Loads aren’t worth a shirt IMO - loads. It’d be easier to list those I’d keep - not many on the team instantly sheet every week ATM.

But that’s for another time and another thread.

But freeze is a bit emotive - they gave up the shirt through injury, suspension or attitude, I suspect.

Holiday Camp attitude - and they missed the morning call.

9 minutes ago, dan140177 said:

Hutch is fit. There’s been a fallout, that’s come straight from Hutch himself. Jos needs to go, he’s taking us backwards.

To be fair it's only 6 months ago Hutch gave a very honest interview to radio Sheffield saying he'd got a history of saying he was fit when he wasn't because he was just desperate to play.

He might well have had a fall out with Jos. 

It might not be the manager who goes though.

11 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Heavy defeats to the snortbeasts and some will be baying for blood.

Its deeper rooted than that I’m afraid.

And, I’ve never been afraid in calling for a manager to go.

And, BTW, some of those he is sticking by currently are letting him down too.

This squad is abject - he has my deepest sympathies.

When I think the manager has stopped trying too - I’ll say it.

But I’m not there yet. Regardless of results.

Edited by ReadingOwl

3 hours ago, ReadingOwl said:

He’s not very good, let’s be honest.

It isn’t calculated aggression - he’s always late because he’s crap.

Treading on egg shells all the time.

IMO obviously. He isn’t playing - so he must be the answer.

The problem with Hutch (apart being injured constantly) is his style of play in today’s game.

We all love a full blooded tackle but get the timing a fraction wrong and it’s a booking or sending off these days. And he will be getting slower each year. 

Its a style we cant afford to risk.

He would have been perfect 30-40 years ago.

4 minutes ago, nilsson said:

He’s 29 and has a contract with us until the end of next season. Have you written him off? Do you genuinely believe the squad is stronger without him in it?

He wrote himself off most recently with his performance at Brentford.

He plays, breaks down, plays, does something daft, plays then breaks down etc

If he's been kicking off today about not getting a game yet previously stated he likes Jos' approach to his fitness then what is the real story?

These fellas can do and say what thefuck they like to get what they want.  The boss, any boss, has no such luxury.

All those mentioned had good seasons either here or at their last clubs the season before last.  Where thefuck were they all last year?  Oh sorry, I forgot, that was Carlos' fault.

We had all this garbage with McGugan - another saviour every bad run.  Hirst - currently tearing up the Belgian 2nd division, Clare - from Tottenham to Villa to Hearts.  There have been many others.

What does screaming for this lot say to our youngsters trying to make their way?  The support for "our own" hasn't reached past October.  Pathetic.

It may be a difficult situation for Westwood as well, it comes down to due diligence doesn’t it 

Imagine being forced out of a job because they need to trim their wage bill, perhaps there’s no clubs in the region interested or able to afford, or his most willing suitor is someone like Ipswich or in London, he might be settled in Sheffield with a young family 

I know their footballers etc but transfers are never straightforward 

I’d love for some manager, any manager - this manager, to give us a fresh start.

But, after every defeat we don’t say - “yes, we see where you are going with this”, we bottle it and shout out for the old has beens.

Nothing ever changes - every absent player suddenly becomes the new saviour.

Short termism - the old failures that didn’t work.

An easy comfort blanket - blame the manager and never the players.

And, the cycle continues.

Edited by ReadingOwl

He has been poor in recent times, but I find his complete exclusion to be pretty mystifying. 

There's clearly more going on here. All these top earners just vanishing off the face of the planet, the constant injuries etc. 

Edited by SiJ

It's a funny one with the injuries because when Hirst was injured for months on end came back, got injured again, or when Sheridan had 6 weeks out with his knackered knee, then came back then got another niggle I don't remember the conspiracy theories.

Just "Well that's a bit of a shìttèr".

Edited by Lord Snooty