• Thorniley
    • Pelupessy
    • Bannan
    • Fletcher
    • Joao
    • Reach
    • Nuhiu

1 minute ago, Binky Griptite said:

Pelupessy comes out of today with a lot of credit for me, battled all night, had some bad decisions given against him. Showed what he brings to the team.

One in front of the North was a right con job on the ref.

And Savilles Tom Daley impression at the end. Eurgh.

1 minute ago, Binky Griptite said:

Pelupessy comes out of today with a lot of credit for me, battled all night, had some bad decisions given against him. Showed what he brings to the team.

Nobody else played particularly well but the loss was down to an individual mistake, however bad we might have played.

Yes it was hard to take but thought we struggled tonight, just didnt click although boro are a good experienced side, thought onamah should have started though.

2 minutes ago, Binky Griptite said:

Nobody else played particularly well but the loss was down to an individual mistake, however bad we might have played.

I just don’t see it? He battled but was weak in possession and he loses more than he wins.

Hector was our best player in my opinion. 

Hector for me. Beaten by arguably the most effective team in this league. They looked comfortable for about 85 minutes. Team full of quality with a manager who knows this division and how to win. We were crap across the whole pitch really, Lees,Penney, Joao all had shockers.

We move on, next 3 games are massive. Two games we should be looking at winning and if we get another big derby defeat it could ruin our season. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Dawson 5

Palmer 6

Lees 5

Hector 6

Thorniley 6

Penney 4

Pelupessy 5

Bannan 6

Reach 8

Joao 4

Fletcher 5

Nuhiu 5

Lets be honest, we were poor today. When FF is unavailable we have no spark especially when Joao has one of his Bambi games!  We are going to struggle for the next few weeks with a lack of creativity so we MUST tighten up in defence. Also, I’m wondering if Penney needs a break. He was AWFUL tonight.

12 minutes ago, Think tank said:

I just don’t see it? He battled but was weak in possession and he loses more than he wins.

Hector was our best player in my opinion. 

Hector was ok, he was a bit too lightweight... He's a unit, he should have done what the Boro defenders did, take everything, man and ball. The first goal he didn't do enough to stop it then didn't follow the play... Might be being a bit harsh, lots of players ambled back.

Pelupessy is a 'nuisance' player, when defending he rats about, gets in at least 'half a challenge' every time... When it works he generally has Bannan close to him, taking advantage of Pelupessy holding up the attacking player and picking up the pieces... It didn't work tonight but I thought he played his part.

Edited by Binky Griptite

CD - 5 Not at fault for either goal but please learn how to catch a ball.

MP- 5 Got a lot to learn.

JT- 4 At fault for the 1st goal, did you not get taught at youth level Do not allow the ball to bounce.

TL - 4 Oh my dear.

LP - 5 Took him 20 mins to find a SWFC shirt.

MH - 7 Looked decent.

JP -8 Thought he was good tonight. MOM

BB -6 Couple of poor decisions unlike him.

AR -7 didnt even know he was on the pitch till he scored

LJ -5 Thinks he is better than he is.

SF -7 Thought he came into it more when AN came on.

AN -7 Made Boro worry.

Reach for me, goal just shaded Hector.

I know we lost, but I feel pretty good regardless. Had it not been for a terrible (and let's be fair, out of character) mistake from Lees we would have been 1-1 against one of the strongest teams in the league. 

Couple that with Ayala still being on the pitch despite his UFC forearm smash and the result could have been completely different.

A solid 6 out of 10 for the team performance.

Dawson worries me, that I have seen no improvement after a good run of games.5

Lees ,seems void  of confidence and tonight will not help-5

Penney  and Lucas were just poor tonight-4

Hector,Joey,Reach,Bannan and Fletch were our better players.7

Others all get a 6.

Not downhearted thought we put a lot of effort in against a very physical and more experienced side.

Edited by wiltonowl
bad choice of words
  • Like 1

Pelupessy, Fletcher and Hector grafted and put themselves about.

Reach scored another beauty and covered alot of ground.

They were all reasonable performances.

Thorniley generally did ok until first goal was a mistake by him when he changed mind about heading a ball and let it bounce.

Palmer was good at tackling but can not pass the ball.

Lees we keep using to bring ball out of defence and he struggles. Second goal he refused simple ball and turned into trouble.

Penney had poor game he tried to dribble by Shotton when he should have tried to run him and kept doing this. Contract negotiations may have had some impact.

Bannan was not at best, not his type of game against tall physical players.

The spirit they showed to fight back was impressive.

Whatever anybody says if we cut out individual errors we will do ok in league. Sky have highlighted defensive frailties of Wednesday and it was basically the passing we do at back.

Dawson 5 Flapped at a couple of crosses.

Thorniley 6 did well defensively but passing poor.

Lees 4 Passing poor.

Penney 4 gave the ball away a lot.

Palmer 4 passing was woeful.

Pelupessy 6 battled.

Hector 6 did ok.

Bannan 5 wasn't on it tonight.

Reach 7 scored and really was our only threat.

Joao 4 fell over needlessly a lot.

Fletcher 6 battled well but played deep too much.

Nuhiu 6 Did ok when he came on.

Overall we have to analyse playing out from the back and expecting Lees to be our playmaker, it isn't working. Our first shot on target was our goal after 81 minutes. We are a mid table team so we'll win some and lose some. 'Boro were no great shakes.

Edited by mike312

4 minutes ago, Quist said:

Pelupessy, Fletcher and Hector grafted and put themselves about.

Reach scored another beauty and covered alot of ground.

They were all reasonable performances.

Thorniley generally did ok until first goal was a mistake by him when he changed mind about heading a ball and let it bounce.

Palmer was good at tackling but can not pass the ball.

Lees we keep using to bring ball out of defence and he struggles. Second goal he refused simple ball and turned into trouble.

Penney had poor game he tried to dribble by Shotton when he should have tried to run him and kept doing this. Contract negotiations may have had some impact.

Bannan was not at best, not his type of game against tall physical players.

The spirit they showed to fight back was impressive.

Whatever anybody says if we cut out individual errors we will do ok in league. Sky have highlighted defensive frailties of Wednesday and it was basically the passing we do at back.

Yep when in doubt kick it out

Sorry, but Tom Lees is at present showing the form when Leeds got rid. He is becoming a liability at the back. Hector dug him out of a hole too many times. No leadership qualities and no vision going forward. I think Pudil is a far better bet with Hector. . Penney also needs to cut out the 'Im billy big boll*x@ displays. It was a total shambles and we were second best all night.