Onomah

Guest LittleG
4 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

onomah played for england under 21's on 11th and 16th october in the international 'break' so its pretty obvious 3 games in 7 days 2 international would be tempting fate with injuries etc. I know he young and he played against andorra and scotland but imo he deserved a rest and i sure he will be playing on tuesday against qpr.

He didn't play against Andorra and was subbed after 72 mins against Scotland, so I'm sure he wasn't too tired to play yesterday. If he was carrying a knock he should not have been on the bench 

5 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

onomah played for england under 21's on 11th and 16th october in the international 'break' so its pretty obvious 3 games in 7 days 2 international would be tempting fate with injuries etc. I know he young and he played against andorra and scotland but imo he deserved a rest and i sure he will be playing on tuesday against qpr.

he's played ONE  hour in almost  3 weeks !! defo needs a rest lol 

1 minute ago, sw1867 said:

Agree with that but why have him on the bench at all. Hutchinson, Jones, Boyd, Abdi or Winnall should have took his place.

And this is the problem with us this season. The message to these players appears to be 'you're done'. Whether you rate them or not, the current experiment with rookies or so-called trusted pros will leave us mid-table at best. Not sure what Jo's brief or plan is. I can understand this experiment if he's building for the next three years but has DC really given him this timescale?

i'm not getting any younger and each year i want my team to do the best they can and get promoted. I don't think this league is that hard this year, but it seems we're not that bothered at worst, or indifferent at best to actually going for it.

15 hours ago, LittleG said:

He didn't play against Andorra and was subbed after 72 mins against Scotland, so I'm sure he wasn't too tired to play yesterday. If he was carrying a knock he should not have been on the bench 

I stand corrected, I thought he played against andorra. I was watching it with the sound down, got another guy mixed up with onomagh

On 20/10/2018 at 08:14, vulva said:

If Jos thinks the likes of Preston, Kirby et al can have more of an impact on a game late on than experienced professionals such as Boyd, Jones, Abdi and Hutchinson, then he must be off his rocker. 

Or he must have seen Boyd, Jones, Abdi and Hutchinson play recently.

7 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

He thinks an Irish international keeper is the 3rd best at our club behind 2 young keepers.

To be fair,  when grilled the manager there is a situation with the goal keepers and all 3 of them are aware of it. 

What that is we don't know. We're not privvy to it.

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 21:21, owls7 said:

Played great the last two games then gets dropped I don't get it.

Didn't he say the other day that his general fitness was lacking due to not having a pre-season but he was working hard to get up to speed?