Sam Winnall

Guest Kagoshimaowl
7 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Welcome back to the fold Sam Winnall, playing the 4-2-3-1 Sam is the perfect option to share it with Fletch.

Great to see him back playing today, he will be like a new signing and I feel Jos will love his work rate.

Thats all.

Really? Not strong enough for that role in my opinion. Could play as one of the wider forwards though.

With Hooper out of contract this summer I can’t see him getting another deal. Rhodes will be sold at some point and Dave is a fraction of his great self back end of last season. Fletcher is looking good but can’t be relied on to play every game and there may be pressure to sell FF in Jan to balance the books. Certainly a place for SW provided he can make amends with others in the squad. 

2 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

We've got Gary Hooper and Sam Winnall to add to a team that's already 6th and hasn't yet hit top gear.

Imagine being an opposition fan and seeing those two added to team Shhhheeeeeet

And Abdi 

:picnic:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, theoldtimer said:

Still cant make my mind up about Rhodes. I dont think he's a bad player, but you compare 500k for Winnall vs whatever we paid for Rhodes. Hector seems total class so far, anything below 2 million would be a bargain, considering what we paid for van aken :duntmatter:

I honestly think if we had got Rhodes early on the window we wouldn't have signed Winall.

Guest LittleG

Don't get carried away, let's wait and see. Remember we are  talking about a player who has apparently been a disruptive influence both at Barnsley and Wednesday. If things have changed, good.

41 minutes ago, Stoop said:

If fit I’d love to see Fletcher, FF and Winnal start at the Lane. Proper players for that kind of occasion 

Sounds a very strong and balanced front 3.

FF left. Winnall right. Fletch down the middle. Yep, love to think we will see that sometime soon.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Don't get carried away, let's wait and see. Remember we are  talking about a player who has apparently been a disruptive influence both at Barnsley and Wednesday. If things have changed, good.

Interesting point. But has he ever had a manager like JL?  JL won't take any cr@p from anyone - but seems fair minded and, hopefully doesn't hold grudges. In other words it SW keeps his nose clean he has every chance of being a success at S6.

It went sour because of the Rhodes signing. If we don’t sign Rhodes, he gets more game time, scores goals and doesn’t become frustrated. The Fessi incident may never have happened. 

The signing of Rhodes was due to fan pressure. Before we signed Rhodes a lot of our fans still saw him as the player that joined Blackburn not the player that left Blackburn. 

The most puzzling thing is despite seeing him play, some fans still believe this. 

• Like 1

Guest LittleG
10 minutes ago, Gildowl said:

Interesting point. But has he ever had a manager like JL?  JL won't take any cr@p from anyone - but seems fair minded and, hopefully doesn't hold grudges. In other words it SW keeps his nose clean he has every chance of being a success at S6.

I hope he is a success but at this stage we don't know about his attitude so not getting carried away. It seemed last season that he wanted to sign for Derby so let's see how it goes.