The talk of moving to Weedon Street...

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I don't think he's in it for the long run..:tango:

Sadly neither do I. I think he wants promotion then a sale at substantial profit.

If we have any Owls supporting Billionaires, will they kindly step forward, now is your hour!

Edited by Utah Owl

2 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Thanks for that, can you give the actual dimensions, then it makes it easier to check against some of the other suggested sites (none of which I happen to think are large enough - at least not the available ones).

Not sure which dimensions you’d like but from edge of Kop roof to edge of West Stand roof its approx 343m. From edge of South Stand roof to edge of North Stand roof its approx 263m (bit more for the South Stand brick bits that jut out).

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Not sure which dimensions you’d like but from edge of Kop roof to edge of West Stand roof its approx 343m. From edge of South Stand roof to edge of North Stand roof its approx 263m (bit more for the South Stand brick bits that jut out).

Wow! You're good - seriously.

I was thinking of the North South perimeter length and same for the East West. That would give us the dimensions we actually need for a replacement stadium elsewhere including concourses, limited parking etc. As I said before I doubt there is an available site that has the space and using some facts (or should that be FACTS) might kill this ridiculous argument once and for all.

Guest Grez Bez
13 minutes ago, Sonny said:

The footprint of Hillsborough is approx. 76,120 sqm.

The footprint of Hillsborough plus land (shop car park etc) is approx.123,340 sqm.

FYI - Just did a quick measure.

How? I'll measure the Neepsend site to answer @Utah Owl question. 

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 minute ago, Utah Owl said:

Wow! You're good - seriously.

I was thinking of the North South perimeter length and same for the East West. That would give us the dimensions we actually need for a replacement stadium elsewhere including concourses, limited parking etc. As I said before I doubt there is an available site that has the space and using some facts (or should that be FACTS) might kill this ridiculous argument once and for all.

Not necessarily

You're assuming that modern building methods would require the same footprint when the reality is less

For instance, the rake of the Kop is much more shallow than modern stadia would use

And you'd hope that 2 tiers would be party of any new development

Incidentally on another subject, I know we used to own some of the homes on Vere Rd, not sure if that is still the case, but as part of the long term plan for Hillsborough we should be looking at purchasing homes on the south side of Vere Rd (those immediately behind the North Stand - just checked Zoopla, there's one on there for 90k).

If we could purchase enough of them (there's 33 altogether on the south side) could be used to improve access/egress from the ground.

53 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

I believe the Wednesdayite Car Park was offered to the Chairman twice - and both times wasnt interested

(It was also offered to Milan - and neither was he)

(they were after £2m for it)

You really are privy to so much information lol

25 minutes ago, Sonny said:

The footprint of Hillsborough is approx. 76,120 sqm.

The footprint of Hillsborough plus land (shop car park etc) is approx.123,340 sqm.

FYI - Just did a quick measure.

16 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Scrap both of these - sorry. Maps not set up right. Best estimate is...

North roof to South Roof approx 155m

Kop to Lep roof approx 204m

Will do rest in a minute or two

Guest Hillsborough Mole
15 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

You really are privy to so much information lol

Funny really - what with it being the Wednesdayite Car Park

3 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Without a doubt we need to rebuild 3 stands (at a minimum)

First for me would be the Kop. It's one of the worst stands anywhere in football. The only thing it had going for it is size

Take it to the floor, build from the bottom up, incorporate the club offices, new shop, all facing the road with a huge area in front of it. Build a covered corner to align with the North.

That way the club's current offices on the 2nd floor of the South can be repurposed into restaurant space in readiness for the Premier.

Next the West Stand and another covered corner to align with the North. Build exec facilities into both Kop and West stands, fan bars overlooking the pitch.

The North could probably be left as is, but build out behind, extend the concourses, that would cost much to do. Incorporate new dressing rooms and a tunnel, in readiness for the final phase, the replacement of the South, which still incorporates the original Archibald Leach structure

Cracking idea and in an ideal world it's what we should be doing.

Guest Grez Bez
17 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

The width of the site will be key, looks too narrow to me. Definitely too narrow for me (I'm a big bugger these days)!

At its narrowest point (leaving the roads as is) it is 220M. If you re-route Neepsend Lane to next to the river then its 280 M at its narrowest Point

For reference; Width of Stadia (at widest Point):

Hillsborough: 193M

Wembley: 307M

Pride Park: 151M

Anfield: 189M

Emirates: 194M

St Marys: 160M

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Cracking idea and in an ideal world it's what we should be doing.

Thinking about it - new dressing rooms and all the required  player facilities could be built into the new Kop stand - with the players emerging from the corner of the pitch instead of the middle.

So any extension of the North concourses could just ensure new catering facilities, bars and toilets.

With maybe hospitality boxes and restaurants at the top of the North Stand

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

At its narrowest point (leaving the roads as is) it is 220M. If you re-route Neepsend Lane to next to the river then its 280 M at its narrowest Point

For reference; Width of Stadia (at widest Point):

Hillsborough: 193M

Wembley: 307M

Pride Park: 151M

Anfield: 189M

Emirates: 194M

St Marys: 160M

There you go Utah - not awkward at all.

Pride Park approx 2/3 width of us

32 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Incidentally on another subject, I know we used to own some of the homes on Vere Rd, not sure if that is still the case, but as part of the long term plan for Hillsborough we should be looking at purchasing homes on the south side of Vere Rd (those immediately behind the North Stand - just checked Zoopla, there's one on there for 90k).

If we could purchase enough of them (there's 33 altogether on the south side) could be used to improve access/egress from the ground.

Planning permission would  put the kibosh on that mate .....

1 hour ago, Utah Owl said:

Where?

Name one site in Sheffield that would be big enough to accommodate a fit for purpose stadium capable of hosting EPL matches that has the transport links, plenty of space for parking, won't alienate a lot of the existing fanbase by forcing them to travel further from home, is commercially attractive and isn't at risk of flooding and more importantly is available!

Now let me give this a little thought … 1839343991_Hillsboroughat100.thumb.jpg.b98098cf3300127d31d10526c9ac830c.jpgTo the South

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Where?

Name one site in Sheffield that would be big enough to accommodate a fit for purpose stadium capable of hosting EPL matches that has the transport links, plenty of space for parking, won't alienate a lot of the existing fanbase by forcing them to travel further from home, is commercially attractive and isn't at risk of flooding and more importantly is available!

Loads of room around junction 33 area of Sheffield