The talk of moving to Weedon Street...

3 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Possibly, but given modern day costs for doing the job properly I doubt it. Having said that everyone needs to remember that the best players don't always make the best team.

Going back to actual costs, Brighton spent 93 million on the Amex (so probably 100 million if starting today), even Toytown spent 20 million on New York according to t'internet.

I'm going on having access to budgets on large infrastructure projects.

I don't think I'm far off.

2 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Ive watched us on over 100 away grounds.

I can't think of one in the Championship or above that comes to mind immediately that has worse facilities than our Kop.

Maybe Brentford and QPR (but they do still have their concourses under cover)

But away ends are not relevant - we are talking the home end. For home supporters

Ok then...... lol

2 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Spot on.

The lack of any redevelopment since DC's arrival tells me he's either not here for the long haul, already decided relocation is the way to go or doesn't have the funding he says he has & needs Premiership income to fund either option.

I would have also thought that he would have bust a gut to buy the Wednesdayite car park etc triangle if he wanted to redevelop Hillsborough. For me that would be a must if he wanted to maximise commercial income from a redeveloped Hillsborough.

This!!!!!

Key element to a proper redevelopment of Hillsborough and has been for the last decade at least!

For context, Palace’s new main stand is supposed to be costing £100m and Fulham’s new main stand £80m. Although they’re in the south, they’re main stands so bigger and the designs are what Kevin McCloud would call ‘iconic’.

• Like 1

Guest Hillsborough Mole

I believe the Wednesdayite Car Park was offered to the Chairman twice - and both times wasnt interested

(It was also offered to Milan - and neither was he)

(they were after £2m for it)

Edited by Hillsborough Mole

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

I'm going on having access to budgets on large infrastructure projects.

I don't think I'm far off.

But as I said,that was for the World Cup plans. Many on here have already said (and I agree with them) that it was basically a sticking plaster. If you want to bring the ground into the 21st century then it requires a total rebuild of the West Stand and Kop, plus the purchase of the Wednesdayite car park and development of that as a mixture of car parking with office retail and entertainment complex plus hotel attached, all with a raise concourse above Penistone Road leading directly to the ground.

Brighton spent 93 million on the Amex for a capacity of just over 30k. The capacity of the redeveloped Kop and West Stands would be about the same so adding the other stuff in 100 million is probably close to the real cost.

Seriously wish I was a Billionaire who owned the club, I know exactly what I would want there and would do it in a heartbeat, just like Brighton's owner.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

I believe the Wednesdayite Car Park was offered to the Chairman twice - and both times wasnt interested

Absolute bargain at that price and if true, shows an almost criminal neglect of the future of the club.

1 minute ago, Utah Owl said:

But as I said,that was for the World Cup plans. Many on here have already said (and I agree with them) that it was basically a sticking plaster. If you want to bring the ground into the 21st century then it requires a total rebuild of the West Stand and Kop, plus the purchase of the Wednesdayite car park and development of that as a mixture of car parking with office retail and entertainment complex plus hotel attached, all with a raise concourse above Penistone Road leading directly to the ground.

Brighton spent 93 million on the Amex for a capacity of just over 30k. The capacity of the redeveloped Kop and West Stands would be about the same so adding the other stuff in 100 million is probably close to the real cost.

Seriously wish I was a Billionaire who owned the club, I know exactly what I would want there and would do it in a heartbeat, just like Brighton's owner.

100 million is touted around...I'm telling you a reasonable estimation based on my experience.

Circa 50 mill for a new build...25-30 million for the revamp.

Just now, Costello 77 said:

100 million is touted around...I'm telling you a reasonable estimation based on my experience.

Circa 50 mill for a new build...25-30 million for the revamp.

What about the acquisition of Wednesdayite car park and the development of that  land along the lines I set out above?

Incidentally at 50 million I'd jump at the chance!

10 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

I wouldn't have bought it either there's always loadsa cars parked on it on match-days so wouldn't be able to do much with it anyway....:ph34r:

• Haha 2

Guest Grez Bez
15 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Where?

Name one site in Sheffield that would be big enough to accommodate a fit for purpose stadium capable of hosting EPL matches that has the transport links, plenty of space for parking, won't alienate a lot of the existing fanbase by forcing them to travel further from home, is commercially attractive and isn't at risk of flooding and more importantly is available!

Neepsend for me.

Near Hillsborough; closer to town, next to Kelham Island. I think after the tram-train trial that the rail track will be re-opened to Stocksbridge with a stop at Kelham Island.

Neepsend Road.png

Just now, Utah Owl said:

What about the acquisition of Wednesdayite car park and the development of that  land along the lines I set out above?

Incidentally at 50 million I'd jump at the chance!

The owner's liquidity is unknown to us.. I'm merely adding some knowledge about doing big projects and what they actually cost.

4 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

Neepsend for me.

Near Hillsborough; closer to town, next to Kelham Island. I think after the tram-train trial that the rail track will be re-opened to Stocksbridge with a stop at Kelham Island.

Neepsend Road.png

But is it big enough?

Genuine question bearing in mind the dimensions of the pitch are c 120 yds by 80 yds, then you have the pitch concourse, then the stands behind it concourses etc. I reckon you need a footprint of c 250yds by 200yds minimum, possibly more. Not to mention space for parking and exploiting commercial possibilities. At least at Hillsborough with the acquisition of the Wednesdayite car park that is feasible.

Edited by Utah Owl

10 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

The owner's liquidity is unknown to us.. I'm merely adding some knowledge about doing big projects and what they actually cost.

I'm not questioning the owner's liquidity, merely the cost of doing the job and doing it right so that we have a secure home for the next 50+ years.

Given though that the owner continually says he has the money but plays the FFP card, then one has to question his commitment, especially with the wasted money on the following which would probably have covered a large part of the stadium project:

Westwood (wages)

Jones

Boyd

Abdi

Winnall (possibly)

Fox

Hooper (given injuries)

Rhodes

No doubt a few others. Add the transfer fees and wages for that lot together and I bet you are at 30 million plus already (Chansiri's own figures for money put into club and FFP scenario certainly would indicate this to be the case).

Also bear in mind that proper redevelopment of the stadium and facilities would greatly increase commercial revenues and offset costs and FFP issues.

Edited by Utah Owl

1 minute ago, Utah Owl said:

I'm not questioning the owner's liquidity, merely the cost of doing the job and doing it right so that we have a secure home for the next 50+ years.

Given though that the owner continually says he has the money but plays the FFP card, then one has to question his commitment, especially with the wasted money on the following which would probably have covered a large part of the stadium project:

Westwood (wages)

Jones

Boyd

Abdi

Winnall (possibly)

Fox

Hooper (given injuries)

Rhodes

No doubt a few others. Add the transfer fees and wages for that lot together and I bet you are at 30 million plus already (Chansiri's own figures for money put into club and FFP scenario certainly would indicate this to be the case).

He did say at the outset that he didn't have a clue.

• Haha 2

Just now, Costello 77 said:

He did say at the outset that he didn't have a clue.

Which is fair enough, but after three and a half years if he is still clueless then that is a major concern.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

The footprint of Hillsborough is approx. 76,120 sqm.

The footprint of Hillsborough plus land (shop car park etc) is approx.123,340 sqm.

FYI - Just did a quick measure.

Thanks for that, can you give the actual dimensions, then it makes it easier to check against some of the other suggested sites (none of which I happen to think are large enough - at least not the available ones).