The talk of moving to Weedon Street...

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Yeah as I said, maybe maybe not. You’re the one that’s certain. I’m just looking at the fact that nobody came in when they were at Maine Road then within a few years of moving to a state of the art stadium they’d already had two billionaire owners. If it suits to ignore that then no worries at all.

True.

One thing we need to look at though is how many other clubs had billionaire owners when maine road was open. My guess is not that many.

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Yeah as I said, maybe maybe not. You’re the one that’s certain. I’m just looking at the fact that nobody came in when they were at Maine Road then within a few years of moving to a state of the art stadium they’d already had two billionaire owners. If it suits to ignore that then no worries at all.

True.

One thing we need to look at though is how many other clubs had billionaire owners when maine road was open. My guess is not that many.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
27 minutes ago, Watson said:

One word which seems to have escaped your vocabulary and which is lacking from every new build.

Character - you can't put a value on that. 

Thats estate agent talk for 'its dilapidated'

9 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Character doesnt balance the books though

True but when the day comes to move or rebuild which it inevitably will, that the architect and the owners have the typical Hillsborough look in the forefront of their minds. 

I have a terrible feeling that the architect will reach up to a shelf and show the owners grounds from the flatpack catalogue and will be ready in six months. 

Edited by Watson

1 minute ago, Watson said:

True but when the day comes to move or rebuild which it inevitably will, that the architect and the owners have the typical Hillsborough look in the forefront of their minds. 

I have a terrible feeling that the architect will reach up to a shelf and show the owners grounds from the flatpack catalogue and will be ready in six months. 

Maybe. I wonder how high on Daniel Levys priority list was 'character' for his new stadium.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

Maybe. I wonder how high on Daniel Levys priority list was 'character' for his new stadium.

I have been regularly watching updates on YT of the new ground been built and there is no denying it looks out of this world.  Unfortunately, we are not in the same position to build such a structure. 

Guest Hillsborough Mole

I would much rather an architect puts together a low cost high yield stadium that costs the minimum to run, and generates the maximum annual revenue for the club to re-invest in the team on the puitch to keep us competing at the right end of the Premier League than constantly in the Championship (or below) - than design something that incorporates a clock in the middle of the main stand with a little pitched roof.

Its a venue to watch football. I couldnt give a flying feck what the stadium looks like if we have a winning team on the pitch.

Sat bouncing left to right so you can see a player running down the wing while avoiding the post/s in view doesnt seem very 'characterful' to me. More a pain in the arse

3 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

I would much rather an architect puts together a low cost high yield stadium that costs the minimum to run, and generates the maximum annual revenue for the club to re-invest in the team on the puitch to keep us competing at the right end of the Premier League than constantly in the Championship (or below) - than design something that incorporates a clock in the middle of the main stand with a little pitched roof.

Its a venue to watch football. I couldnt give a flying feck what the stadium looks like if we have a winning team on the pitch.

Sat bouncing left to right so you can see a player running down the wing while avoiding the post/s in view doesnt seem very 'characterful' to me. More a pain in the arse

Sit in the South and the view is fantastic same when I sit in the north.

4 minutes ago, Watson said:

I have been regularly watching updates on YT of the new ground been built and there is no denying it looks out of this world.  Unfortunately, we are not in the same position to build such a structure. 

It might look good but i suspect things like running costs, ability to generate revenue streams and maximise the business potential and income were probably the top of the list.

Its a money game and the upkeep of old knackered stadiums probably arent in favour for modern chairman. Having an authentic looking stadium with character thats inefficient to run and maintain isnt an option if you want money to spend on players.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
Just now, Watson said:

Sit in the South and the view is fantastic same when I sit in the north.

I sat in the South for the Rangers friendly

After feeling the sharp back of the seat in front digging into my knees for 60 minutes and watching the Rangers fans in the North thoroughly enjoying their day, when we played their anthem for the team to walk out too in the 2nd half, I gave up and went home. The seating in the South is the worst in the ground.

Kop is better. North is the best

Just now, billyblack said:

It might look good but i suspect things like running costs, ability to generate revenue streams and maximise the business potential and income were probably the top of the list.

Its a money game and the upkeep of old knackered stadiums probably arent in favour for modern chairman. Having an authentic looking stadium with character thats inefficient to run and maintain isnt an option if you want money to spend on players.

Why do you automatically assume that an authentic looking stadium with character has to be inefficient?

6 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Why do you think a new stadium will be low cost high yield? 

Just now, Hillsborough Mole said:

I sat in the South for the Rangers friendly

After feeling the sharp back of the seat in front digging into my knees for 60 minutes and watching the Rangers fans in the North thoroughly enjoying their day, when we played their anthem for the team to walk out too in the 2nd half, I gave up and went home. The seating in the South is the worst in the ground.

Kop is better. North is the best

I get the feeling you would moan after winning the lottery jackpot.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 minute ago, Watson said:

I get the feeling you would moan after winning the lottery jackpot.

why?

Its true (and theres plenty would say the same)

Guest Hillsborough Mole
Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Nail on the head.

So why do you want us to make it available for uses other than football? 

Go back and read it again

1 minute ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Go back and read it again

But you've just said it's a venue for football?

So that should be at the forefront of the stadium? Not how many out of football events it can hold in a year clearly.

That's all what it is. It's a football stadium. fizz owt else.