Does Forestieri start against Leeds?

Guest The Horse

9 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

Bench

I think a better question is does Thorniley start, sounds like he'll be fit but do you change a winning team?

Brilliant isn’t it?

Stay fit, play well, win......or find yourself on the bench. 

19 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

If we find life on planets or other dangerous space bodies...where would we contain them?

Obviously they'd be kept in round aluminium coloured tins.. but where?

I've got an ould biscuit tin int' back of one of me kitchen cupboards somewhere Costy ; ya can keep 'em in there if ya want lol 

I think I might have found some extra terrestrial life forms in there the last time I cleaned it out ; so they should feel at home at least. People should pay a lot more attention to the health and wellbeing of their canned alien life these days than they are doing now. If the Royal Society for the Protection of Canned Aliens got off their butts and did something we would see a lot more happy canned aliens on our streets. FACT !!!!!

As for the Forestieri debate , well ; I know nowt about football , (<--- panders to a request in anuvver fred from yesterday ) , but I think he would probably be better coming on as a sub. But Jos's payed a lot more than me to make these decisions so I'll leave it up to him. I can't be doing ALL the lazy little bugger's work can I ??  I'll have Costy's little alien buggers to be looking after soon.

FFS

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1867Heaven said:

Bench

I think a better question is does Thorniley start, sounds like he'll be fit but do you change a winning team?

Tough call on Pudil but the fact he was cramping up with 30 minutes to go was worrying yesterday. 

Forestieri from the bench each along with Joao v Leeds. Tiring defenders will hate to see them coming on for last 30 minutes.

I think Forestieri was dropped and on bench earlier this season was because club knew he had a ban coming up and we needed to have a settled team not based around him

Honestly - I think he will not be a starter from now and until Jan and he will be sold off to make up the financial gap we have an issue in.

Id be surprised if jos doesn't change things up a bit, seems as if he has to tinker a little. 

Fletcher has played two on the bounce, so he may decide to rest him again, so I wouldn't be surprised if Nuhiu comes in for him (plays well against Leeds normally). Though personally if we're going to stick to formation I'd like to see us try Reach lw, matias rw, Nuhiu up top and put Nando in that attacking midfield role behind him, gives him that space to exploit and he does have an engine to play there too. Would also allow those three to interchange and swap between themselves mixing things up could cause havoc to Leeds. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

4 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Id be surprised if jos doesn't change things up a bit, seems as if he has to tinker a little. 

Fletcher has played two on the bounce, so he may decide to rest him again, so I wouldn't be surprised if Nuhiu comes in for him (plays well against Leeds normally). Though personally if we're going to stick to formation I'd like to see us try Reach lw, matias rw, Nuhiu up top and put Nando in that attacking midfield role behind him, gives him that space to exploit and he does have an engine to play there too. Would also allow those three to interchange and swap between themselves mixing things up could cause havoc to Leeds. 

Fletch didn’t play v Forest. Only 19 minutes as a sub. And with a six day rest I’d be amazed if Fletch doesn’t start, with Nuhiu as sub.

On 22/09/2018 at 18:32, Geosword said:

Or does he start from the bench again?

After the Forest game, both Reach and Matias looked vulnerable to making way for him.

But after today you can't really drop anyone.

Would you start him?

If so, where does he play and who makes way?

I'd go for starting him from the bench.

Good performances need rewarding with starts.

no.

He's a cheeky monkey and we get better results without him.

Quite why most people on Owlstalk are so keen to tug him off is beyond me

28 minutes ago, George said:

no.

He's a cheeky monkey and we get better results without him.

Quite why most people on Owlstalk are so keen to tug him off is beyond me

This might be why some of us are so keen to tug him off. We've had an enforced prolonged spell without him, and we didn't do very well.

Don't believe everything you read on OT.

aaaaaff.JPG

Edited by zzmdu

41 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

This might be why some of us are so keen to tug him off. We've had an enforced prolonged spell without him, and we didn't do very well.

Don't believe everything you read on OT.

aaaaaff.JPG

You don’t think that the 17/18 season had anything to do with Hooper, Lees, Bannan, Westwood, Hunt, Fletcher, Loovens and Lee being injured?

10 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

You don’t think that the 17/18 season had anything to do with Hooper, Lees, Bannan, Westwood, Hunt, Fletcher, Loovens and Lee being injured?

You're right, a few important players were missing. Many of these had significant absences also during 15/16 and 17/18. FF didn't. For example Hooper made more appearances in 17/18 than 16/17.

Any unbiased analysis would suggest that the absence of our TOP SCORER for our 2 play off seasons, would have likely been the biggest influence.

Edited by zzmdu

13 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Indeed.

banstats.png

Bannan an equally massive player for us, 

You stats correctly show that Bannan still played in a significant amount of Championship games,

whilst FF 10 can't be described as so.

Bannan played right through till mid December. We lost FF August til the end of March. he came back and knocked 5 goals in 8 apps, unfortunately the damage had already been done.

No other player was even as close, to seeing the same drop in attendances (and length of injury), that FF had.

Edited by zzmdu

21 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Bannan an equally massive player for us, 

You stats correctly show that Bannan still played in a significant amount of Championship games,

whilst FF 10 can't be described as so.

Bannan played right through till mid December. We lost FF August til the end of March. he came back and knocked 5 goals in 8 apps, unfortunately the damage had already been done.

No other player was even as close, to seeing the same drop in attendances (and length of injury), that FF had.

He was a big miss that's for sure. They all were in their own way.

All cogs in the machine. 

Be good to have them all back available and giving it the full gun in a solid,well balanced team unit.

3 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

You can see which decision is easier for Jos - he's less likely to get pelters if we lose if Forestieri starts from the beginning. Doesn't mean he should though, would be harsh to drop Matias after a goal or Reach after a borderline man of the match game.

Don’t think Jos is remotely fussed about pelters from us lot.

He’s dropped Hutchinson, Forestieri and Westwood. Hardly popular decisions.

Edited by Holmowl