Does Forestieri start against Leeds?

Guest The Horse

3 hours ago, Sweet Shezza said:

I'd start him and make room by removing Fletcher. His legs have gone. He's scored a deflection and an easy header in the last two games.

Don't dislike Fletch but think he's too slow and not the best of finishers. His lack of pace if effecting his hold up play. Backwards and sideways passing is easy.

Fernando beats a man, or two, can pick a pass and can score, from near and far.

I think a lot of fans don't like him because he striked to get wage parity with our top earner at the time. I'd have done the same. Imagine going to work and getting paid less than someone who is no better than you. One of the best players we've had in the past 20 years.

Nando is poo up top

Of course he should start, besides Bannan he’s our best player. And as soon as Hoopers fit he should start, as should Kieren Lee, these players like Matias and Pelupessy are doing really well as back up and stop gaps. But when your best players are available you play them. FF should start next game no doubt 

4 hours ago, Tom22709 said:

Of course he should start, besides Bannan he’s our best player. And as soon as Hoopers fit he should start, as should Kieren Lee, these players like Matias and Pelupessy are doing really well as back up and stop gaps. But when your best players are available you play them. FF should start next game no doubt 

This all the way.

5 hours ago, Tom22709 said:

We are second in the form table without em

Owlstalk Shop

He’s still our best attacking player IMO but it’s obvious that Jos has Matias ahead of him in the pecking order right now. Only time will tell if this is the right call or not as will be the case with the other one or two controversial calls he’s also making with regards to team selection?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

I can see him starting against West  Brom, if he gets a reasonable thirty minutes or so against Leeds. There is no need to fear Leeds, infact there are currently no runaway favourites in this division, say what you wish about our chances, I’d have signed up for our current position at the start of the season, upwards and onwards. :luhukay:

9 hours ago, Tom22709 said:

Nope. They earn their place back

44 minutes ago, billyblack said:

And....... building a team not individuals

This is the key point as far as Jos is concerned and he has said so. While all managers say it you get the impression Jos actually really means it.

Matias for example has been working his socks off and up to now his discipline has been great  compared with the past.

FF is probably our most talented player but unless he performs in a disciplined way he won't be a regular first choice.

Jos doesn't do loose cannons, unless they go out and do the job he has asked them to do they won't play.

18 hours ago, Geosword said:

Or does he start from the bench again?

After the Forest game, both Reach and Matias looked vulnerable to making way for him.

But after today you can't really drop anyone.

Would you start him?

If so, where does he play and who makes way?

I'd go for starting him from the bench.

Good performances need rewarding with starts.

Bench

I think a better question is does Thorniley start, sounds like he'll be fit but do you change a winning team?