Ross Wallace signs for new club on free transfer

Ive been to a few Fleetwood matches over the last few years as we often go on holiday up there. Felt they had a good set up, family friendly, welcoming, decent prices and a good view. They even ended last year with John Sheridan in charge. Great stuff for an Owl :)

This year they've brought in Joey Barton and Chedwyn. So I've thought balls to them. 'Orrible pair.

So good luck Ross, but I can't be supporting you feeding the success of that pair :(

• Haha 1

Good servant for us. 

Thought his legs had gone last year and his deliveries weren't quite what they had been previously, but there's no denying the contributions he made during his time with us.

Think he will do well in League One. He's a talented footballer and a big game player. 

1 hour ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

Ive been to a few Fleetwood matches over the last few years as we often go on holiday up there. Felt they had a good set up, family friendly, welcoming, decent prices and a good view. They even ended last year with John Sheridan in charge. Great stuff for an Owl :)

This year they've brought in Joey Barton and Chedwyn. So I've thought balls to them. 'Orrible pair.

So good luck Ross, but I can't be supporting you feeding the success of that pair :(

Holidays in Fleetwood !!!!....

Balls of a Lion Sir 

Balls of a Lion ......

lol

• Haha 3

For me he has a special place in our history. 

There just doesnt seem seem to be anyone with similar character traits or playing style. 

Had his his weaknesses and often drifted along with a moment of brilliance and then would fade, to then come back with another worldly just so you remembered he was there. 

The club has moved on and wish him every success. 

Thanks for the memories Ross.

7 minutes ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

Genuinely love it up there. Feels like the end of the earth. Properly desolate. Might be an acquired taste though :)

Arberthorne by the Sea ........

20 mins drive from there I am 

WTF: mind you Dore n Totleys only 20 mins from Arberthorne !!

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Arberthorne by the Sea ........

20 mins drive from there I am 

WTF: mind you Dore n Totleys only 20 mins from Arberthorne !!

Saw a couple of Owls fans up there this summer. No Blades but then I don't suppose they stray far. Usually try and take in a Fleetwood game either a friendly or first match of the season. Didn't bother this time, stopping off at Wigan on the way up instead to watch the mighty Owls.

Can't stand bloody Joey Barton,  never mind Evans :( Shame as I'd happily pay to watch RW again. Real entertainment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

Saw a couple of Owls fans up there this summer. No Blades but then I don't suppose they stray far. Usually try and take in a Fleetwood game either a friendly or first match of the season. Didn't bother this time, stopping off at Wigan on the way up instead to watch the mighty Owls.

Can't stand bloody Joey Barton,  never mind Evans :( Shame as I'd happily pay to watch RW again. Real entertainment.

@theowlsman had the right idea Bearwood he said he'd hoped Ross would sign for AFC Fylde 

(Our local team up here)

Next time you are up give us a pm and you can go and see a team that's been run properly 

WTF:

**Not saying Wednesdays been run badly.... heaven forbid !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 21/09/2018 at 19:29, Steve Down South said:

Suppose you think that passes as "banter" - truly pathetic jibe

Have to agree.

The blokes done alot of bird, excuse the entendre. 

Been found innocent of one of the worst crimes to be accused of. 

Personally, I think it's time we let that go. 

On ‎21‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 13:43, james o connor said:

Should be a decent signing for them for a year if there is pace around him. Was never going to get another championship club but good luck to him 

Disagree with that.

A smart player like Wallace can always adapt and he will be an awesome signing for Fleetwood, but could have also been a brilliant signing for several teams in this division still.   

Sometimes old heads beat old legs.

When we say that a player's legs have gone... what it means really is that you just haven't got that electricity that you had when when you were 25.

You just lose that amazing electricrical power.

The laws of thermodynamics are

a good place to look into this matter.

There's a few freaks but not many.

22 hours ago, owlsup said:

For me he has a special place in our history. 

There just doesnt seem seem to be anyone with similar character traits or playing style. 

Had his his weaknesses and often drifted along with a moment of brilliance and then would fade, to then come back with another worldly just so you remembered he was there. 

The club has moved on and wish him every success. 

Thanks for the memories Ross.

For some reason he always reminded me of JP McGovern who was another favourite of mine and a big game player 

5 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

When we say that a player's legs have gone... what it means really is that you just haven't got that electricity that you had when when you were 25.

You just lose that amazing electricrical power.

The laws of thermodynamics are

a good place to look into this matter.

There's a few freaks but not many.

Yep, my legs have gone. 

• Haha 1