Clare Fee

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Maybe the offer we gave him wasn't acceptable?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/revealed-what-hibs-and-hearts-pay-in-wages-and-salaries-1-4624790/amp&ved=2ahUKEwj4o4zZ4MzdAhXCN8AKHUpOBeYQFjAAegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw0UMMA9bCjvyQBKhWoTtrvu&ampcf=1

According to Edinburgh news Hearts average wage is £1837 a week. Can safely say we will have offered more than that. Something tells me Mr Clare (flair) has dropped a goolie. 

As the saying goes, you made your bed so lie in it. 

1 minute ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

That was my next question Simon ..

No good then? 

You wouldn’t believe it mate. I was effectively applying for my own job, but at a higher grade / salary after they brought in another level of management.

86 applicants to start, 18 to be interviewed that then became 15 interviewed (incl. me) when 3 dropped out. Pass mark set for the interview at 20. We score points against 5 competencies we were assessed against. Sadly, all general, and not specific to the job.

The daft two hats left the results in a folder, on a shared drive, not password-protected. I knew the results before they were announced.

Only four of us passed the board (incl me). I was the only one with any skills / experience / professional qualifications for the job but I didn’t get it, because someone scored higher than me for the competencies we were being judged against (none specific to the role). 

So, I stay on the team as I was. Someone new comes into the team above me with no skills, experience, knowledge, or qualifications for the job. I’m now looking to find another job I’m so pished off. Presumably, they’re going to rub salt in the wounds by asking me to train him up. Feck that!

3 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

You wouldn’t believe it mate. I was effectively applying for my own job, but at a higher grade / salary after they brought in another level of management.

86 applicants to start, 18 to be interviewed that then became 15 interviewed (incl. me) when 3 dropped out. Pass mark set for the interview at 20. We score points against 5 competencies we were assessed against. Sadly, all general, and not specific to the job.

The daft two hats left the results in a folder, on a shared drive, not password-protected. I knew the results before they were announced.

Only four of us passed the board (incl me). I was the only one with any skills / experience / professional qualifications for the job but I didn’t get it, because someone scored higher than me for the competencies we were being judged against (none specific to the role). 

So, I stay on the team as I was. Someone new comes into the team above me with no skills, experience, knowledge, or qualifications for the job. I’m now looking to find another job I’m so pished off. Presumably, they’re going to rub salt in the wounds by asking me to train him up. Feck that!

Sounds like he could be on Doyens books if you ask me ?

fizz em mate you're better than that ....

Just now, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Sounds like he could be on Doyens books if you ask me ?

fizz em mate you're better than that ....

I know. So I’ve told them I am now looking for another job. They’ve told me not to burn my bridges as there will be another chance shortly for a promotion on the team as another exercise is to follow. 

The old carrot dangling bollowcks. I said I’ll gladly apply but I’ll keep my options open in the meantime by applying for other jobs away from the team. As far as I am concerned, they’ve made my position untenable. I get the impression they never thought things through properly, the thick two hats.

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Poor money in comparison to what he would have for with us or anyone else for that matter.

The comparison with an everyday man is a non starter

The comparison with an everyday man is exactly the point because it's the everyday men on here slagging him off despite the choice(s) he has made meaning that almost every apsect of his life is one they will envy

5 hours ago, fred mciver said:

Leicester offered £2 mill last year , then increased to £3 million (see at least 10 Google articles).

Plus £500 k saving on wages, while  he wasted in Siberia - sound familiar? 

Fred you really are scraping the bottom of the barrel quoting google articles, someone obviously reading your FB posts. Here is what you could have had and had we accepted the 2 mill you probably would have blown a gasket.   

What Levein has sugar coated is that they were pretty much his last resort after things didn’t go his way this summer. The 850k figure seems odd had he moved to a club in England as it hasn’t usually been that high for a player with only a handful of goals at first team level (unless someone offered Wednesday money in the region of that at some point as a benchmark). So I’m taking that with a pinch of salt too.

Its a shame he didn’t stay here as whilst I was dubious about his hashtag he looked very promising and it would’ve been a great chance for him this season. No doubt he has a great chance to shine at Hearts but I suspect that may only bring him back to the championship in due course. 

3 hours ago, Ian said:

The comparison with an everyday man is exactly the point because it's the everyday men on here slagging him off despite the choice(s) he has made meaning that almost every apsect of his life is one they will envy

It's completely different.

He had a good career in the palm of his hand, earning loads of money, and he may have just blown it.

Be surprised if he's earning much more than £500 a week, which whilst it's a good some of money, it's not the best for a footballer is it.

13 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

You lot are all very bitter, it's not a bad move at all for Clare. First of all you none of you know the reasons he didn't sign a contract with us, so when you say things like he's a greedy tw@t you make yourselves look special. He's going to go and play for a big club in Scotland, well supported, nice place to live, be on a decent wage and he'll be a star up there. He'll then get a big move to England. 

How do you know he will get a big move ? 

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

How do you know he will get a big move ? 

I think he's got the ability and unbelievable athleticism, his pace bursting through midfield is lethal. Up in the SPL it's a great place to show case yourself as the standard isn't as high as The Championship, and he'll get the opportunity to do it against the two old firm sides. Wouldn't shock me if he ends up at Celtic or Rangers within 18 months.

• Haha 1