Sheffield Wednesday vs Colchester - GARY HOOPER AND KIERAN LEE START!!

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Hmm, not sure what’s been going on. Heard last week that the Kieran Lee injury was a lot more serious than was first thought, and he was unlikely to play again this year. Jos also seemed to be under the impression that neither he, nor Hooper would be ready to play today. Suddenly, ala Carlos, Jos brings him back too soon, and we are led to believe that it was pre-planned that he only do 15 mins. If a player can’t play more than 15 mins, then clearly he isn’t ready to start. It seems things are no better now than they were under Carlos, when it comes to bringing back players too soon

Guru, WTF, I mean seriously, surely just trying to wind people up, jeez.

”Suddenly, ala Carlos” FFS 

You are negative at the best of times but that post is out of your top drawer fella, fcuking ridiculous comments.

You should be banned from the site for a month for posting that tripe :dry:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hookowl said:

Not disputing what you saw at all.

What doesn't make sense to me is that if he was limping after around only 8 minutes surely he wasn't fit enough to start in the first place.

Did he get a knock or anything in those first 8 minutes that could have contributed ?

The first time he made any meaningful contribution in the game (stretching for the ball) he will noticeably in pain. Again , im no expert but for me this match was to see how his body would hold up in a contact game . Unfortunately it couldn’t 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Hmm, not sure what’s been going on. Heard last week that the Kieran Lee injury was a lot more serious than was first thought, and he was unlikely to play again this year. Jos also seemed to be under the impression that neither he, nor Hooper would be ready to play today. Suddenly, ala Carlos, Jos brings him back too soon, and we are led to believe that it was pre-planned that he only do 15 mins. If a player can’t play more than 15 mins, then clearly he isn’t ready to start. It seems things are no better now than they were under Carlos, when it comes to bringing back players too soon

Thats absolute gash that.

Disgraceful comment.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

don't agree mate  firstly it was thought very serious -enough to threaten his career -or so i heard 

contrary to you thinking Jos brought him back too soon  i think he's shown,and showing, tremendous patience  - well that's imo

watched the first 60 minutes and thought our lads looked pretty decent but then Colchester wernt very good so hard to say if any are going to make the grade at championship level . …..don't know how the club can go about it but they need to play at a better standard than what they are at the moment . …...

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

So from reading this thread we have someone that looks like Kieran Lee but isn't Kieran Lee playing for 15 minutes today with false legs sellotaped onto him with flesh coloured plasters

It's proper X-Files stuff this

lol

Im telling you Neil, Kieran Lee doesn’t look like Kieran Lee anymore.

I didn't go yesterday, so have no idea how Lee was before he was substituted.

But all this talk of a pre-planned substitution after 15 minutes is obviously rubbish. 

There is literally no point playing someone for such a short period of time. If that's all Lee is up to...then there is absolutely no reason to play him. If it's fitness (i.e. he can only run for 15 minutes before blowing), then he needs another month on the training ground building up his general fitness. If he can only play 15 minutes otherwise his injury becomes an aggravation, then he needs to get back to conditioning and rehabilitating the injury itself.

I was surprised Lee was included yesterday, and maybe, in hindsight, it was a poor choice. What I will say though...better to take him off after 15 minutes if Lee himself realised he wasn't right, rather than trying to get through it. I'd rather Lee be missing for another couple of months, and come back right...rather than coming back before he's right, and breaking down again. 

On a positive note, sounds like Hooper looked like he was on the right track. Another couple of Under 23 games, and hopefully we'll see him back in amongst the first team squad by the end of the month.