Sheffield Wednesday: How close is Daniel Pudil to an Owls comeback?

Our best senior tackler, always in contention for either LB or CB IMO.

Kids coming along great, but haven't seen anything yet to suggest Pudil is clearly second or third choice for either role. Preferably CB for me; think Thorniley is clearly more mobile than he looked at first and can probably handle LB just fine.

5 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

Our best senior tackler, always in contention for either LB or CB IMO.

Kids coming along great, but haven't seen anything yet to suggest Pudil is clearly second or third choice for either role. Preferably CB for me; think Thorniley is clearly more mobile than he looked at first and can probably handle LB just fine.

I think Pudil is really going to have to bust his gonads to have any chance chance of getting that shirt back from Thorniley. 

And an even harder , nay, impossible task to wrest the left back slot from Penney 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Star News Feed said:

Injured defender Daniel Pudil could be back in first-team contention for Sheffield Wednesday's final match before the international break.

View the full article..

Praise be to RoboStar, lest we forget the printed behemoth that begat this shining Star of all Football knowledge. 

lol

Pudil deserves to be used in squad rotation after his efforts last Season, I've not seen him play badly since either. At LCB We have Thornily, Pudil and Fox. Who says we need more cover there? 

35 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I think Pudil is really going to have to bust his gonads to have any chance chance of getting that shirt back from Thorniley. 

And an even harder , nay, impossible task to wrest the left back slot from Penney 

A nice problem for us to have at the back for once! Both those young ‘uns have been super, I fully agree.

41 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

He can't. His legs have gone.

You're dead right.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

He's said himself his position now is on the left hand side of a back three. I'm fairly certain that we will see the back three again and Pudil will be part of it.

I can’t see him getting a game if we stick with 4-4-3!!

3 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I can’t see him getting a game if we stick with 4-4-3!!

Not convinced about Thorniley at CB yet. Anyway, we are one injury away from Joost or Daniel coming back in, and Tom does get a bad knock per season.

18 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Heard from someone that does work for him that he's recently split from the Mrs and She's gone back to the Czech Republic. Could put another spin on his absence from games if true. 

well if that's true then no surprise why he aint played well this season. his head must be all over the place

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Assume you mean 4-3-3. If so then that's exactly my point. However I think we'll see us use the three again.

Maybe but we look better this season with a four.

Jos is building for the future, and nobody starts such a project with 30+ year old players.  Pudil isn't a bad player, but all players eventually just get too old.  If Jos can, and does, sign any new players, these players will probably not be, say, 28+, and they will for certain have to earn their colors.  4 at the back isn't a bad option, only these days, it's not the left side and left center that are the concern, it's the right center and right side that everybody is talking about.  Pudil could play center in a back 3, but only just, and that ain't what Jos is looking for.....Pudil, and I always liked him, still do, is probably not part of the future.  

Thorniley can play center in a back 3, or more left in a back 4, making Pudil obsolete.  Penney is rapidly cementing his left-back shirt, in either a 3 or 4 man backfield.  Pudil is probably gone, at least as a First 11 player.  

It's difficult seeing the old stalwarts go, but, this is what re-building looks like.  Others will follow.  

• Like 1

He's hopeless. You can on him to one thing for certain. Foul continuously. I think he's vying for too spot along Nuihu and bannan. 

We should have got rid of pudl when we had the chance. 

Another member of the owners incessant gravy train 

On 29/08/2018 at 14:18, Star News Feed said:

Injured defender Daniel Pudil could be back in first-team contention for Sheffield Wednesday's final match before the international break.

View the full article..

That article reminds me of something else due to the picture used... why do we have to go with white shorts when we've already got blue/white shirts which are different to Sunderland's red/white?

Does white shorts/black shorts also need to be taken into account now?

Our kit looks much better with the black shorts, just miffed when I see us walking out on the pitch in the new kit spoiled by white shorts.