Fernando

Just now, BRADDO said:

8 players gone. None to replace them. More players to leave. Ok.

Tbf we have been under an embargo since April.

New contracts were offered to Pudil and Nuhiu who both stayed.

The likes of Loovens were deemed surplus to requirements and Rhodes was probably about 5th choice and on massive wages.

The only curious one was Hunt, but then he was in the final 12 months of his contract.

18 minutes ago, SiJ said:

?

You mean "The Talksport commentators said just now on the commentary that they'd heard rumblings that Fernando Forestieri could be the next out the door after today's game"

That's not the same as saying "Forestier is off after today's game" as you implied.

Key words here are "rumblings" and "could", plust the fact it is Talksport.

You do like a bit of forensic analysis of some posts don't you. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BRADDO said:

You do like a bit of forensic analysis of some posts don't you. 

You might want to take it up.

Would mean you might not make so many wild generalisations which people then have to correct you on.

*see above*

Oh and post, not poster.

Edited by SiJ

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Tbf we have been under an embargo since April.

New contracts were offered to Pudil and Nuhiu who both stayed.

The likes of Loovens were deemed surplus to requirements and Rhodes was probably about 5th choice and on massive wages.

The only curious one was Hunt, but then he was in the final 12 months of his contract.

That's fair comment tbh. We are badly missing Hunt and Venancio in that defence IMO but I do understand why they're not with us.

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You might want to take it up.

Would mean you might not make so many wild generalisations which people then have to correct you on.

*see above*

Oh and post, not poster.

I'm not able to spend 20 hours a day on here though, thank Waddle.

Just now, 2roland2 said:

If we had known we were under embargo and up poo creek at the time we’re let them go, Ofc we should ha e retained Wallace and loovens. 

Yes, but we have to reduce the wage bill.

If you've got two players - who the vast majority of fans would agree were surplus to requirements - then you're going to get rid of them to ligthen the burden.

The biggger issue is getting into such a mess in the first place. Unfortunately, we have very little choice as to how we get out of it.

My feelings at the moment are all just a bit MEH. I'm genuinely optimistically minded but I'm also a realist in the sense that FF / BB cannot carry the team.

Maybe a complete overhaul is what we need. This squad feels like a hangover, you know one that lingers on a bit? 

Selling FF would be another huge hint as to the direction I feel we're heading. Maybe a necessity long term? 

Lot's of 'maybes' at the moment. Very few of us truly know the full picture at S6 but that team at Brentford is a team bang in trouble. I'm sure if we know one thing as Wednesday supporters, it's being able to recognise when that spark has gone and things start to turn.

This is my opinion of course, but I feel some genuine upfront honesty would go down well with supporters. The truth will set you free - always. Come on SWFC what's the plan? Can we draft in the Milan under water phone for a rallying cry????

24 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

If we are selling FF clubs must know we need the money so will offer lower then market price.

Clubs will then be able to say to the player we can give him a better signing on fee as we got him cheaper then his worth.

Think with his past we know his only loyalty is to his bank balance.

Imo its down to chansiris naivety that the forestieri thing even came about. Countless top players at clubs have it in their contracts that their wages are automatically alligned if new players come in on bigger salaries. was even talking to a west ham fan this morning who was on about andy bloody carroll having that in his terms at their place

8 minutes ago, oi_you_owl said:

My feelings at the moment are all just a bit MEH. I'm genuinely optimistically minded but I'm also a realist in the sense that FF / BB cannot carry the team.

Maybe a complete overhaul is what we need. This squad feels like a hangover, you know one that lingers on a bit? 

Selling FF would be another huge hint as to the direction I feel we're heading. Maybe a necessity long term? 

Lot's of 'maybes' at the moment. Very few of us truly know the full picture at S6 but that team at Brentford is a team bang in trouble. I'm sure if we know one thing as Wednesday supporters, it's being able to recognise when that spark has gone and things start to turn.

This is my opinion of course, but I feel some genuine upfront honesty would go down well with supporters. The truth will set you free - always. Come on SWFC what's the plan? Can we draft in the Milan under water phone for a rallying cry????

Don’t disagree that we need an overhaul - however does anyone think the current owners and management are the ones to do so? 

There is also, of course, the need to ensure continued championship status whilst undergoing said overhaul.