#SWFC Steering Group Meeting called for THIS FRIDAY

Just now, toppOwl said:

Still don't recall it, are you sure it was the steering group and not the fans forum?

positive. DC, Katriene, Trevor Braithwaite, Richard Stanford (think that's right) and Alastair from ticket office on top table- the one where he had a go at Dom Howson late on.

2 hours ago, rickygoo said:

He’s answered all my questions - in ways I don’t like but he’s answered them. And ruled out things I’d like to do. 

Plus I haven’t  got time to attend an unstructured rantathon. A steering group meeting should consist of about half a dozen people and have a proper agenda circulated before the meeting with a proper chairperson running the meeting and with proper minutes being released afterwards. 

It’s all a bit amateur hour. 

I've been to several. I agree with this, and sent my thoughts to the club after the last one. An agenda, minutes, action points etc - they are all effective (if a little dull) ways of getting things done. I am glad though that the 6 match ticket bundle thing finally saw the light of day. That was one of the best ideas from previous meetings. 

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

positive. DC, Katriene, Trevor Braithwaite, Richard Stanford (think that's right) and Alastair from ticket office on top table- the one where he had a go at Dom Howson late on.

Yeah thats the one mate, I must have nodded off :tango:

I do recall vaguely someone making some valid points and not getting far, were you on the left side of the table?

10 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Everyone has a lot to say currently but I've just read 10 pages on here with hardly a worthy question being aired.

I will be attending so if anyone has anything let me know and I'll attempt to put it forward.

The last meeting had less people was in a smaller room and worked better.

My crticism is it does need chairing a little stronger to cut out waffle and things going off topic.

let us know what you're planning on asking so no-one doubles up.

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

Yeah thats the one mate, I must have nodded off :tango:

I do recall vaguely someone making some valid points and not getting far, were you on the left side of the table?

Yep, nearest to the top table I think- doing a fair bit of coughing I seem to remember lol

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Yep, nearest to the top table I think- doing a fair bit of coughing I seem to remember lol

Yes its coming back to me now (the memories not what it once was).

These could be very productive meetings if chaired a little better, DC can go on a 45min ramble and not actually say much, KM came across fairly well and not the dragon that Charlton's fans had us believe.

Things have taken a downturn since though.

6 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

If he really does listen to the fans then we want loans and a manager that knows English football and mainly this league we are in sick of gambling on unknowns 

to be honest (and I know I contradicted this by commenting on Jos) I don't think this should be about fans picking players and managers- it should be about off the field stuff (pricing/retail/community etc).

Difficult to see any point in this. 

Can anyone point me to a worthwhile development that came from one of these? Maybe the six game ticket or Silver Membership......Did we ever learn anything of real significance or garner any notable insights?

Its an unruly format that will achieve nothing of substance until it, like most other things at the club is managed correctly. 

Questions are avoided by the regime, sometimes understandably so. When they are answered, fans are damned for believing them and damned if they don’t.

The forum allows DC to take the high ground and stake a claim to giving all fans a voice, the truth is in its current form it diminishes the voice of the fans IMO.

Those who believed DC knew what he was doing have long since fallen by the wayside, those who believed he’d learn from his mistakes have followed. All that remains are the grateful and their patience must be wearing thin.

Set all the mistakes aside, just show us one piece of tangiable proof that we have a coherent plan to move forward. One that has more substance than the words “trust in me”.

18 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

to be honest (and I know I contradicted this by commenting on Jos) I don't think this should be about fans picking players and managers- it should be about off the field stuff (pricing/retail/community etc).

This was what it was originally intended for.

10 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Don’t anybody praise him for standing up in front of the fans. Remember it’s football league rules that club owners must do this twice in two weeks.

When does Kevin McCabe do it?

He also started this before this initiative came in.

Here’s hoping it’s not another pop at the fans. I do agree that in an ideal world we all pull together now but the recently revealed reality of our situation is still fresh 

Rightly or wrongly it might take a drastic change such as a switch to a manager that builds a rapport with fans to get everyone together if results don’t pick up very soon

1 hour ago, toppOwl said:

Everyone has a lot to say currently but I've just read 10 pages on here with hardly a worthy question being aired.

I will be attending so if anyone has anything let me know and I'll attempt to put it forward.

The last meeting had less people was in a smaller room and worked better.

My crticism is it does need chairing a little stronger to cut out waffle and things going off topic.

You talking about the steering meeting or Owlstalk ? lol

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Sonny said:

Don’t anybody praise him for standing up in front of the fans. Remember it’s football league rules that club owners must do this twice in two weeks.

And it's football league rules that we enter a transfer embargo and don't tell potential season ticket buyers that if they're aiming to watch a successful side they might want to keep their money in their pockets.

Just now, rickygoo said:

And it's football league rules that we enter a transfer embargo and don't tell potential season ticket buyers that if they're aiming to watch a successful side they might want to keep their money in their pockets.

No it’s not, what are you on about?