#SWFC Steering Group Meeting called for THIS FRIDAY

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 minutes ago, Watson said:

Bloody hell you expect DCto be strong and determined and you collapse at the first hurdle.

Your not that bloke at work who constantly slags off the management but never does anything about it?

Eh??

How is that an analogy?

45 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Did you go to the last one? 

I recall somebody raising a fairly valid point worthy of debate & someone who used to post on here regularly and his pals shouted him down in a fairly abrupt and embarrassing manner. 

There are people on the group willing to ask difficult questions and to be fair to the owner, regradless of whether I agree with what he says, he has always tried to answer. It's when other members of the group start heckling the questions in their apparent defence of the owner that it gets a bit daft.   

Fair summary of Owlstalk, as well.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Did you go to the last one? 

I recall somebody raising a fairly valid point worthy of debate & someone who used to post on here regularly and his pals shouted him down in a fairly abrupt and embarrassing manner. 

There are people on the group willing to ask difficult questions and to be fair to the owner, regradless of whether I agree with what he says, he has always tried to answer. It's when other members of the group start heckling the questions in their apparent defence of the owner that it gets a bit daft.   

Yes, I was there. I told DC I thought Jos didn't have the personality to life the team and fans. I also asked him about the contract rumours and pressed him on various things- much to the disgust of those there for the tea, biscuits and autographs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I'd love to know what information you had available during that week that you were being relentlessly positive? 

It seemed to me you were just sticking to an opinion based on very little other than a change of pre-match music!

With the greatest respect fella, why is it wrong to do something a little positive?

2 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

With the greatest respect fella, why is it wrong to do something a little positive?

It's not, Neil's mood was infectious that week after a pretty miserable start with the Wigan game and the news from the forum. Lifted the spirits a bit going into the Hull game.

Just sad that he has gone the other way so quickly, could do with some more positivity ahead of the game tomorrow!

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It's not, Neil's mood was infectious that week after a pretty miserable start with the Wigan game and the news from the forum. Lifted the spirits a bit going into the Hull game.

Just sad that he has gone the other way so quickly, could do with some more positivity ahead of the game tomorrow!

I can try and honestly have tried today but really struggling to find a positive currently to mention!

I definitely need help here from those with a positive heart to start positive threads

Your'e right it gets infectious and lifts spirits but I can't be expected to be the only one to start positive threads (but will when I can)

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I can try and honestly have tried today but really struggling to find a positive currently to mention!

I definitely need help here from those with a positive heart to start positive threads

Your'e right it gets infectious and lifts spirits but I can't be expected to be the only one to start positive threads (but will when I can)

FF still hasn't been sold (yet). On Sunday you were half expecting him to be gone by the end of the day so that's got to be a positive hasn't it?

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

FF still hasn't been sold (yet). On Sunday you were half expecting him to be gone by the end of the day so that's got to be a positive hasn't it?

Christ - if that's the positive of the week then we're really struggling as a club aren't we! 

lol

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I think a win, is the only thing that will bring some back.

Its going to be a tough one tomorrow, against a tough, never give up side. Everything we should be.

Not really a lot going on as well this week. Youve kinda got to have something to work with.

Edited by Maddogbob

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Christ - if that's the positive of the week then we're really struggling as a club aren't we! 

lol

Yep. got to take what we can get. I might spend the next 23 hours thinking that FF will never play for us again - then when I get to the ground tomorrow and he is in the team I will get a massive lift! 

3 hours ago, Watson said:

Not once has he said its the fans fault as you well know.  How can you expect a rational debate if you say such things? Gets us absolutely nowhere. 

He said the fans were scaring the players - and his family - and it wasn’t a criticism of the players or his family. 

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

He said the fans were scaring the players - and his family - and it wasn’t a criticism of the players or his family. 

But the fans might be don't think he actually said the fans were scaring the players more they were scared of playing in front of them.  And to be fair the players do get abuse on twitter etc which could be a little disconcerting I would think. 

4 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

No, along with @Hillsborough Mole they will continue to mock such events as a waste of time while they continue to pontificate on here which by contrast is far from a waste of time and has an overwhelming impact...........

He’s answered all my questions - in ways I don’t like but he’s answered them. And ruled out things I’d like to do. 

Plus I haven’t  got time to attend an unstructured rantathon. A steering group meeting should consist of about half a dozen people and have a proper agenda circulated before the meeting with a proper chairperson running the meeting and with proper minutes being released afterwards. 

It’s all a bit amateur hour. 

3 minutes ago, Watson said:

But the fans might be don't think he actually said the fans were scaring the players more they were scared of playing in front of them.  And to be fair the players do get abuse on twitter etc which could be a little disconcerting I would think. 

And he criticised the fans for that did he not? 

6 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

He’s answered all my questions - in ways I don’t like but he’s answered them. And ruled out things I’d like to do. 

Plus I haven’t  got time to attend an unstructured rantathon. A steering group meeting should consist of about half a dozen people and have a proper agenda circulated before the meeting with a proper chairperson running the meeting and with proper minutes being released afterwards. 

It’s all a bit amateur hour. 

Here's an Idea...

Instead of the artificial environment of a meeting... Neil gives the site over to the owner for 48 hours?

A flowing exchange of views with everybody safely behind their keyboards.

• Haha 1