Guardian - George & David Hirst

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

I bet George and his dad have their reasons for being annoyed with the chairman and the club.

But what hurts me the most about all of it is that they have mugged the fans of in the process. Without the fans Wednesday are nothing. It's the fans who idolised David, he means so much to so many families and his name is passed on from generation to generation. It's the fans who wanted nothing more than George to succeed in a Wednesday shirt.

The way they've gone about it is to stick two fingers up at the chairman. But by doing so they've also disrespected thousands of people who once worshipped their family name. 

Yep, and also the same fans who’ve paid his wages in one way or another for ~30 years. Seems like they’re a very money driven pair.

1 minute ago, Anus said:

More worrying is that big clubs won't need to make that original offer going forwards. Which in turn may make many clubs reconsider the merits of investing so heavily in a youth system. If the loophole continues I can't see it being that positive for the game. 

Why have you attributed that quote to me?!

That was the quote I was disagreeing with. Please edit.

I agree entirely with your post, though - see my post of a minute or two ago.

• Haha 1

I don't blame anyone at all

Contract expired
Loophole means you can do this
They did it
We're not a charity for Leicester to give us money they don't have to give us if such a loophole exists

Anyone criticising the powers that be for this loophole existing? Nope. didn't think so because your'e all distracted by your emotions/heart on this one. 

All the negative vibes and hate are wasted energy

Owlstalk Shop

20 minutes ago, 114mphAndRising said:

At last one of the national papers has taken this story up. It needs using as an example so the money clubs can’t get away with fleecing young talent from the lower leagues without them getting proper compensation, otherwise it makes a mockery of the whole Academy system for many clubs.

They ignored alex ferguson demanding and investigation into the dealings of a player going to Tottenham via the back door from europe.This is a man who was like a mafia don in charge of the premiere league puppets and referees .If they ignored him its more than likely nothing will change .

Hirst rejected the first offer, was then frozen out instead of being given a counter offer, him and his advisors decided they didn't want to stay at at a club that world treat him that way (exact same with Clare) and they've stuck the boot in with this move. 

Serves the club right. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, KivoOwl said:

Hirst rejected the first offer, was then frozen out instead of being given a counter offer, him and his advisors decided they didn't want to stay at at a club that world treat him that way (exact same with Clare) and they've stuck the boot in with this move. 

Serves the club right. 

This. So many of our issues could have been avoided, and come back to one person in my view.

2 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Serves the club right. 

Don’t talk wet

8 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Yep, and also the same fans who’ve paid his wages in one way or another for ~30 years. Seems like they’re a very money driven pair.

I had a taxi driver who took me to the airport years ago.He said he once took david hirst home after a night out and he had tried getting out of paying him by offering him his autograph instead.

• Haha 1

Glad it’s finally getting some visibility, because it’s a loophole that clubs like Leicester will continually exploit. For a number of years they have been know for finding loopholes and trying to circumvent the laws of the game for their own benefit. Sometimes being accused of breaking them, but because it can not be proven they have got away with it. 

But it the whole Hirst thing was a complete wee wee tail up from start to finish. Nobody, Chansiri, Carvalhal, the two Hirst’s and Pearson come out of it in any good light. Chansiri should have given the Hirst’s what they wanted or sold him, Carvalhal should have given such an obvious talent more first team game time and the Hirst’s and Pearson should have shown the club and the fans more loyalty. I wouldn’t want any of them anyway near the clubs in the future and at 37 years of age, I’m from the Hirst and Pearson era. They were both hero’s of mine as a kid.

It’s all pretty sad really and hopefully a lesson learnt so it doesn’t happen again. 

Edited by Stevelknievel

Lets be honest - none of us know what’s gone on behind closed doors and have just taken Chansiri’s side of the argument as gospel. Not sticking up for Hirst in any way, but I can’t imagine it being as clear cut as some make out. 

Find it a strange move for Hirst career-wise though. Can’t see him developing much while he’s over there. I’d imagine the standard of football is quite poor. And when Leicester are ready to bring him back to our shores, would he even get in their squad? A loan to a Championship/League 1 club will be in the pipelines. 

I’m sick of hearing and reading about this. This whole affair has tainted my opinion of Hirst Snr and Nigel Pearson and I’m gutted about that as they are heroes of mine particularly Hirst who is (probably was) my favourite player. George Hirst can go and fvcck himself as far as I’m concerned - I wouldn’t be upset if his career went backwards. 

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl
2 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Serves the club right. 

Didnt happen that way though did it. We made several offers, one making him the highest paid academy player. Leicester found a loophole in the system and the H... T family and advisors used it to rip off the club. This had been done to death, but some will always believe it was the clubs fault despite the evidence. Get over it and move on. 

12 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Serves the club right. 

:laugh:

And the rest...

• Haha 1