Guardian - George & David Hirst

We had the chance to get a fee for Hirst, everyone could see he wasn’t going to sign a new contact with us. What’s more painful is we’ve wasted so much money on other players. When in actual fact DC just diddnt want to risk the 10k a week on GH because he’s unproven. So instead wasted money on Abdi, Rhodes, for deffo few more in there aswell. It’s just typical Wednesday for me. Nobody new it would be a waste. Just guessed wrong I guess. I’ve actually depressed myself now. Getting myself a beer..!! And just noticed Antonio playing for West Ham. The last lad with some pace in blue an white..! it’s getting worse..!!

You'll all be finding streams to watch him make his second start this afternoon then as  Oh Leuven Leicester West take on Union  Saint-Gilloise at the Stade Joseph Marien 

1024px-Stade_Joseph_Marien.JPG

The boy looks set to start again after making his debut last week on the left side of a 4-2-3-1  in a 1-1 draw at home to Mechelen. 

Edited by Lord Snooty

Guest Kameron
3 hours ago, BIG D said:

Why does it?

If we turned down a genuine offer of 2 million from Leicester then it's our own fault we'll end up with around 150K compensation.  Chansiri needs to learn fast that the only loyalty players have is towards themselves.  Supporters need to learn fast that we are up poo creek soon to be without a paddle, we cannot and never could afford to hang on to players who have had decent fees offered for them, clubs without parachute payments have to wheel and deal, selling players is a necessity in order to stay clear of transfer embargos, point deductions or fines, Chansiri new the rules but decided the gamble was worth the risk, had we stayed clear of Rhodes or been able to sell FF and generate a couple of million for Hirst we'd have been fine and could possibly have improved other areas of the squad.  Westwood is another example, if it's true we could have sold him to Stoke in January for a reasonable fee, why was this not done?  We'll end up him leaving for next to nowt or worse he'll see out his contract without playing another game.  All these decisions are self inflicted and have contributed to the dreadful position we now find ourselves in which means treading water for the next 3-4 seasons. 

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Exactly

Nobody was hating on him (the opposite in fact) before the George Hirst move happened

Come on, nobody, really?

It's widely known he liked a booze and could get out of hand, the few times i met him after a few he didn't shower himself in much glory. And he liked a booze more often than most. 

Just now, Kameron said:

If we turned down a genuine offer of 2 million from Leicester then it's our own fault we'll end up with around 150K compensation.  Chansiri needs to learn fast that the only loyalty players have is towards themselves.  Supporters need to learn fast that we are up poo creek soon to be without a paddle, we cannot and never could afford to hang on to players who have had decent fees offered for them, clubs without parachute payments have to wheel and deal, selling players is a necessity in order to stay clear of transfer embargos, point deductions or fines, Chansiri new the rules but decided the gamble was worth the risk, had we stayed clear of Rhodes or been able to sell FF and generate a couple of million for Hirst we'd have been fine and could possibly have improved other areas of the squad.  Westwood is another example, if it's true we could have sold him to Stoke in January for a reasonable fee, why was this not done?  We'll end up him leaving for next to nowt or worse he'll see out his contract without playing another game.  All these decisions are self inflicted and have contributed to the dreadful position we now find ourselves in which means treading water for the next 3-4 seasons. 

Losing £2million is like losing around 2,500 on the average gate for the whole season.  Gross incompetence on someone's part. 

1 minute ago, hawksmore said:

Come on, nobody, really?

It's widely known he liked a booze and could get out of hand, the few times i met him after a few he didn't shower himself in much glory. And he liked a booze more often than most. 

Nobody was hating on him  on here (the opposite in fact) before the George Hirst move happened

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, hawksmore said:

Come on, nobody, really?

Is that the same as "always been a massive weapon" as a person?

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Is that the same as "always been a massive weapon" as a person?

He's not the nicest of people, great footballer, a good laugh when you've had a few and are happy to listen to a few laddish stories, but would you trust him with your mrs or to do the right thing when it comes to loyalty. Evidently not and there's plenty of stories of how he's acted in not so nice ways. 

So yes, i think he's a massive weapon, no matter how much you wish to discuss semantics. 

For the record, I feel a large portion of blame sits with the club for the GH situation. 

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nobody was hating on him  on here (the opposite in fact) before the George Hirst move happened

When someone pulls off such a morally bankrupt move, there's a shift in opinion, which in turn brings others out more as he narrative changes. That's all that is happening now. 

9 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

When someone pulls off such a morally bankrupt move, there's a shift in opinion, which in turn brings others out more as he narrative changes. That's all that is happening now. 

Subjective innit? One man's massive weapon is another man's cuddly bear. 

One of the reasons I wanted to change jobs was that covering stuff at Hillsborough was never as pleasant as going to Bramall Lane - largely because Harry Bassett was so pleasant to deal with.  But Hirsty was as good as gold. 

13 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

One of the reasons I wanted to change jobs was that covering stuff at Hillsborough was never as pleasant as going to Bramall Lane - largely because Harry Bassett was so pleasant to deal with.  But Hirsty was as good as gold. 

Sure is mate. No need to bring his weight in to it though :carlosswfc:

19 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Your Alan f**king Biggs aren’t you

WTF: