By the way....

The water has been cut off

Oven doesn't go above gas mark 1

"Can I have some more ingredients?"

"No. The last chef spent all the food budget"

flopped-cake.jpg

Customer:

Boo! Sack the cook!

Hold on, I thought the cook was on holiday and stubbs had the key to the kitchen

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Make me a quality  cake for my customers

Here are your ingredients -:

One out -of-date egg

Some mouldy flour

No sugar

By the way....

flopped-cake.jpg

Customer:

Boo! Sack the cook!

Some fair points but our chef still has a decent amount of ingredients. Hull will struggle defensively this season, the best option would have been to get at them, play FF behind a front 2 rather than Reach out of position and Fox in the team at all.

Fletcher had 3 good chances to score and we could easily have come away with 3 points but can't help but think we would have created more with a more attacking side. Reach did little of note until the final few minutes of the first half and Fox just shouldn't be playing at this level. Jos had the opportunity to go more attacking when Fox got injured but instead went for Thorniley out of position. 

Think the point is well made that we have given a manager an almost impossible task and one which few would rise to. Having said that do you think Jos is through his team selection demonstrating which players are not fit for purpose and is also trying to get some high earners of the books.

Westwood and Jones are two high earners I believe are being left out with a view to them moving on and freeing up funds.

Its possible Van Aken and Palmer could also be moved on as quickly moved out of first team picture. Did Jos play that defence in first game to demonstrate they are not up to scratch. We have  supposedly paid several million for Van Aken and DC may have been sceptical we had bought another player that does not fit division.

Fox could also appear surplus after today.

I think the pantry has enough ingredients; I think the cook can’t find them and doesn’t have the skill to cook without a recipe. 

He’s just going to buy some Mr.Kipling bake well tarts and pass them off as his own. 

54 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Some fair points but our chef still has a decent amount of ingredients. Hull will struggle defensively this season, the best option would have been to get at them, play FF behind a front 2 rather than Reach out of position and Fox in the team at all.

Fletcher had 3 good chances to score and we could easily have come away with 3 points but can't help but think we would have created more with a more attacking side. Reach did little of note until the final few minutes of the first half and Fox just shouldn't be playing at this level. Jos had the opportunity to go more attacking when Fox got injured but instead went for Thorniley out of position. 

9 minutes ago, Rogers said:

I think the pantry has enough ingredients; I think the cook can’t find them and doesn’t have the skill to cook without a recipe. 

He’s just going to buy some Mr.Kipling bake well tarts and pass them off as his own. 

It's fair to say that he had a top class musical sparkler candle to put on top of his cake. But the cakes soggy base and fluffy middle mean the candle is window dressing. 

To be honest I thought Thorniley took his chance today and must have pushed himself into serious contention for a spot. I certainly expect him to go a decent run out on the cup. With several others.

As always in football - opportunities

Fox didnt take his.

Thorniley did.

Fletch buries one of his chances were all in a much brighter mood.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Make me a quality  cake for my customers

Here are your ingredients -:

One out -of-date egg

Some mouldy flour

No sugar

By the way....

flopped-cake.jpg

Customer:

Boo! Sack the cook!

I hear you Snoots. The cook might not have the staff that were available before but at least the ones that are left didn't keep passing the ingredients around at the back of the kitchen. There were several attempts to put the bun in the oven today whereas last year we went months without even trying.

I take that as a positive.

Some of the under chefs seem to have potential. Another positive.