Jos says no incoming players to #SWFC

58 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The mans a fool if he thinks it’s a well balanced squad

It's a squad that's seriously weak in certain areas no matter how you dress it up.

The best we can hope for is that we start well, become a very fit side that develops a seige mentality and hope that one or two of the youngsters really push on.

If Jos can do this just as Big Jack and Wilko did then we can get through what's going to be a tough season.

However if we have a poor start which coincides with key players getting injured then i fear this squad will not have the mental strength to recover.

Just now, gurujuan said:

Yes, there were fools on here who even suggested it would be a mistake to sign Jordan Rhodes Good job we left it to the professionals 

WOW 

why are we not utilising this knowledge of the elite, DC really needs to get on here and offer prominent positions within the financial, scouting and coaching areas of the club to the elite. just think we would never have to worry about signing a player that didn't work out ever again, and then we could be up there with all the other teams in the premier league who have never had a signing not work out 

Owlstalk would be shut down and we would all be happy, safe in the knowledge that the Elite have saved wednesday 

1 minute ago, PARKOWL said:

WOW 

why are we not utilising this knowledge of the elite, DC really needs to get on here and offer prominent positions within the financial, scouting and coaching areas of the club to the elite. just think we would never have to worry about signing a player that didn't work out ever again, and then we could be up there with all the other teams in the premier league who have never had a signing not work out 

Owlstalk would be shut down and we would all be happy, safe in the knowledge that the Elite have saved wednesday 

Had he had come on here, maybe we could have suggested he check how close,  paying that £8m would take us to FFP 

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

The mans a fool if he thinks it’s a well balanced squad

I dont think Jos speaking the truth would get him far:

"My boss gave a load of money to an ex- manager that spunked it all on any average high waged crocked players that became available, regardless of whether or not they were good for the team or not. I am now stuck with the mess created by the ex-manager and my bosses right royal f*** up. I have an ageing squad that cant be moved on because nobody wants them and we are goosed with the FFP. Apart from that morale is, errr so so"

40 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

We are seriously weak at the back.  We can't be going into the season relying on the likes of Palmer and Fox and expecting to get anywhere.

Can anyone really put their hand on their heart and honestly claim that they believe any of these youngsters are ready to compete at the top end of the Championship?

I don't think it's our intention to be competing at the top of the Championship, if DC thinks otherwise he's in for a shock.

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Had he had come on here, maybe we could have suggested he check how close,  paying that £8m would take us to FFP 

Totally agree, one quick conversation on here with the elite and they could have told him not to listen to his head coach, not to listen to his finance team and not listen to his recruitment team 

7 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

You seem to be missing the point. Doesn't matter when his injury was. He has had one. That is not indifferent.

He'll be fine. He may pick up slight injuries as they all do. But he'll play 75% at least next year as long as we don't sell him.

Yes but only 3 starts back to me is not fully proving he is 100% over his injury of last season.

I would say a knee injury and missing nearly all of last season means he is more likely to be injured this season on law of probabilities.

Didn't we get something like 22 points from the final 10 games last season.

We start with virtually the same team plus some returning injured players.. and we will

be a lot fitter..

We'll be mid table. Looking at what others are spending and the 3 relegated clubs

that should be all our expectation.

1 minute ago, PARKOWL said:

Totally agree, one quick conversation on here with the elite and they could have told him not to listen to his head coach, not to listen to his finance team and not listen to his recruitment team 

Well he can blame them as much as he likes, but he appointed them Anyway, wasn’t it the fault of the non elite on here

1 minute ago, sweetsheri said:

Didn't we get something like 22 points from the final 10 games last season.

We start with virtually the same team plus some returning injured players.. and we will

be a lot fitter..

We'll be mid table. Looking at what others are spending and the 3 relegated clubs

that should be all our expectation.

No your not allowed to be positive.

We definitely won't finish above the likes of Bolton Birmingham Hull Rotherham Ipswich QPR Millwall Reading Blackburn Wigan.

Your positivity is NOT allowed. 

We're doomed i tell thi.

Ps. I agree mid table and I'm fine with that :)

23 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

This is the difference between me and this place, i take what the manager/coach says at face value, don't go looking for reasons to berate/belittle the fella, cest la vie. 

I'm not berating or belittling him. There's fuckallelse he can say. But I don't necessarily believe it. 

5 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Yes but only 3 starts back to me is not fully proving he is 100% over his injury of last season.

I would say a knee injury and missing nearly all of last season means he is more likely to be injured this season on law of probabilities.

He only returned in April.

He wasn't match fit of course so he couldn't start games. He's played at least 45 mins in each pre season game so far as far as I'm aware.

He's back.

He may get injured yes, but I doubt it will be a bad one again (3+ months).

1 hour ago, PeakOwl said:

As I’ve said elsewhere, he’s simply putting a brave face on it. Sure he’s as disappointed as the rest of us that he’s not getting any support from DC.

Correct, no manager in the world would be happy about trimming his squad and having no money to bring in new faces. Unless he was a puppet yes man for the chairman....... which he clearly is!

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Well he can blame them as much as he likes, but he appointed them Anyway, wasn’t it the fault of the non elite on here

yes totally agree you should never sign players on the whim of fans elite or non elite 

1 minute ago, chizumgeorge said:

Unless he was a puppet yes man for the chairman....... which he clearly is!

HATE HATE HATE this kind of accusation about Jos so much

If Jos is a puppet manager for just going along with everything then you're basically saying fans are puppet fans for doing the same

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, chizumgeorge said:

Correct, no manager in the world would be happy about trimming his squad and having no money to bring in new faces. Unless he was a puppet yes man for the chairman....... which he clearly is!

I think that's unfair. We don't know how happy he is. But the pool of well paid manager jobs is pretty small. Why would he not try and make a go of it?