Jos - The decision for goalkeepers has been made

I need to first speak with our keepers so I cannot give you the answer as to who is the number one keeper at this point

We are training this afternoon when I shall talk to them

Westwood - Keiran is training 100%. He had a good preseason and is good physical shape.

We have three very good goalkeepers, two very young keepers where we see Joe Wildsmith make good progression, and at the end of the season Cammy Dawson also make his job very well, very good. It's a problem what we have. We have made the decision and one of these will be starting

You never know what the future is bringing. The transfer window is open then you must as a coach always think about what can happen. This is not my focus. 

My focus is to work every day with my team and in two days it's the start. We've worked intenstively and we must give the answer from the last 6 weeks and get the result

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I need to first speak with our keepers so I cannot give you the answer as to who is the number one keeper at this point

We are training this afternoon when I shall talk to them

Westwood - Keiran is training 100%. He had a good preseason and is good physical shape.

We have three very good goalkeepers, two very young keepers where we see Joe Wildsmith make good progression, and at the end of the season Cammy Dawson also make his job very well, very good. It's a problem what we have. We have made the decision and one of these will be starting

You never know what the future is bringing. The transfer window is open then you must as a coach always think about what can happen. This is not my focus. 

My focus is to work every day with my team and in two days it's the start. We've worked intenstively and we must give the answer from the last 6 weeks and get the result

Nobody has put enough money on the table for Westwood yet, but Burnley might also now come in , 

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Wtf ?

You have a number 1 so why the debate ?

Unless you are offering him on the cheap to anyone who will take him ?

Holy crap. Owls fans aren't as stupid as you are treating them.

What are you talking about?

The manager clearly cant comment on what is happening.

No point in berating him for something out of his control. 

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out Jos has been told to keep his mouth shut and get on with coaching the squad.

1 minute ago, RichSheffWeds said:

What are you talking about?

The manager clearly cant comment on what is happening.

No point in berating him for something out of his control. 

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out Jos has been told to keep his mouth shut and get on with coaching the squad.

Errr he's actually commenting today.

Keep up.

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Wtf ?

You have a number 1 so why the debate ?

Unless you are offering him on the cheap to anyone who will take him ?

Holy crap. Owls fans aren't as stupid as you are treating them.

HaHa this a pretty naive comment if you don't mind me saying so lol

• Haha 1

Just now, RichSheffWeds said:

You should vary your posting style occasionally, might make your replies less predictable and boring.

Post not poster please.

Discuss my posts by all means. Use the block function if you struggle to handle my alternative opinions.

But I remind you again, please refrain from the personal attacks.

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

Please leave namecalling and personal attacks out of your replies on Owlstalk

Or expect to get your account terminated

We're all here as Wednesday fans just discussing football - no need for throwing names around

This goes for all posts, replies all time ever always

Owlstalk Shop

It's getting a bit embarrassing this. Last time he spoke to the press he said the decision would be made on Thursday. Thursday comes and he says he has to wait until another training session today before telling the players.

So 2 days before the season starts our 3 goalkeepers don't know which is first choice and our defence doesn't know who will be playing behind them? Might only be subtle differences but things like this effect the way the team plays, its not great preparation.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Please leave namecalling and personal attacks out of your replies on Owlstalk

Or expect to get your account terminated

We're all here as Wednesday fans just discussing football - no need for throwing names around

Can it be exterminated :rolleyes:

200.gif

• Haha 4

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

It's getting a bit embarrassing this. Last time he spoke to the press he said the decision would be made on Thursday. Thursday comes and he says he has to wait until another training session today before telling the players.

So 2 days before the season starts our 3 goalkeepers don't know which is first choice and our defence doesn't know who will be playing behind them? Might only be subtle differences but things like this effect the way the team plays, its not great preparation.

It's not the best is it.

I don't blame Jos at all, but it all comes down to our desperation to shift Westwood, but the fear we could be stuck with him.