Jos - The decision for goalkeepers has been made

Anything other than Westwood as No1 is the equivalent of nailing a For Sale sign on his forehead and showing him the door.

I can live with him being sold but we are quite capable of botching the situation. 

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Westwood imo is the best keeper we have and should be number one. Unfortunately I don’t think he will be though. 

He is the best keeper we’ve got so  he plays until he is sold. Don’t get why it’s such an issue unless he has certain clauses in his contract which may trigger further payments.

4 minutes ago, Walt said:

He is the best keeper we’ve got so  he plays until he is sold. Don’t get why it’s such an issue unless he has certain clauses in his contract which may trigger further payments.

I think the non announcement is more to do with whether Burnley get a dispensation and have any concrete interest in the next few hours

31 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

What are you talking about?

The manager clearly cant comment on what is happening.

No point in berating him for something out of his control. 

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out Jos has been told to keep his mouth shut and get on with coaching the squad.

He can't comment on what is happening? What are u taking about? 

How is telling us who is number one gk something he can't say? It's pretty easy. 

Q: who will swfc number 1 keeper for this season jos?

A: Cameron Dawson.

Q: does that mean k. Westwood is leaving swfc in the near future?

A: No.  It simply means he's not my number 1 choice goalkeeper.

Jesus. I should get a job in PR

Edited by poite
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, poite said:

How is telling us who is number one gk something he can't say? It's pretty easy. 

Q: does that mean swfc will be leaving swfc in the near future?

A: No.  It simply means he's not my number choice goalkeeper.

I really hope SWFC isn't leaving SWFC - we would be in a right pickle lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

I think the non announcement is more to do with whether Burnley get a dispensation and have any concrete interest in the next few hours

That's fine but why even make it an issue to begin with, just play your best player(s) until something changes.

4 minutes ago, poite said:

Q: does that mean k. Westwood is leaving swfc in the near future?

A: No.  It simply means he's not my number 1 choice goalkeeper.

Not very good PR to say your top keeper isn't your number one choice :ghoulguy:

5 minutes ago, Walt said:

That's fine but why even make it an issue to begin with, just play your best player(s) until something changes.

Things may well be happening as this press conference is on going 

I think he’s deliberately avoiding stating Westwood’s No 1 for the next few hours

Edited by Hirstys Salopettes

7 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

Unless Westwood starts then it could just be that while he is here we are going to play him...

With one league and 1 cup game before the transfer window closes id be very surprised to see Westwood play, he never started in the cup anyway so that leaves one league game .

36 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It's getting a bit embarrassing this. Last time he spoke to the press he said the decision would be made on Thursday. Thursday comes and he says he has to wait until another training session today before telling the players.

So 2 days before the season starts our 3 goalkeepers don't know which is first choice and our defence doesn't know who will be playing behind them? Might only be subtle differences but things like this effect the way the team plays, its not great preparation.

The players will know he just won’t tell us 

8 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Things may well be happening as this press conference is on going 

I think he’s deliberately avoiding stating Westwood’s No 1 for the next few hours

Yeah I get that mate but why not just play Westwood in some  friedlies if he’s fit? 

It needn’t be an issue if a journalist asks who’s no.1, Jos  could quite easily say something like “I need to see Westwood play a few games as he’s been out injured for my time here. I’ll give them all a chance and we will see who gets the nod for Wigan”

Even if Jos knows he needs to sell Westwood the whole “who’s no.1” makes no sense to me and could easily be avoided.

1 minute ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

The players will know he just won’t tell us 

Maybe, don't understand the point in not answering the question when asked then and hiding behind needing to tell the players first.

Westwood will be first choice, the club will edging their bets on him maybe moving on in the transfer window if they get a reasonable offer (I'd rather him not go but I can where they are coming from) if he's still here by the 8th he'll remain as first choice, in that instance one of the others may be loaned out.

1 hour ago, RichSheffWeds said:

What are you talking about?

The manager clearly cant comment on what is happening.

No point in berating him for something out of his control. 

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out Jos has been told to keep his mouth shut and get on with coaching the squad.

Well who exactly has told him to keep his mouth shut ?? Sounds a bit strange to me

54 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Westwood will be first choice, the club will edging their bets on him maybe moving on in the transfer window if they get a reasonable offer (I'd rather him not go but I can where they are coming from) if he's still here by the 8th he'll remain as first choice, in that instance one of the others may be loaned out.

Hope so