Talksport Supercomputer predicts us to escape relegation

Guest Hillsborough Mole

2 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

A supercomputer has predicted the Sky Bet Championship table as reported on by TalkSport.

We are now just three days away from the start of the season and it is the time of the year where everyone is the most optimistic. Because no competitive games have taken place, fans believe that their team might just have their year and get promoted or even have a good run of the cup. With reality yet to come in and crush our dreams, it is fair to say it’s one of the most exciting times of the year.

Everyone is now predicting what they believe will happen this season and Talksport have used their supercomputer to predict the final season. Some fans may be crushed by this especially Rotherham United who are going to make an instant return to Sky Bet League One if this is correct. Stoke City fans have more to cheer however as they are set to be the champions if this is correct.

The full table as predicted by the supercomputer is below.

1. Stoke City
  2. Derby County
  3. Middlesbrough
  4. Nottingham Forest
  5. Leeds United
  6. West Bromwich Albion
  7. Preston North End
  8. Brentford
  9. Aston Villa
  10. Swansea City
  11. Norwich City
  12. Bristol City
  13. Sheffield United
  14. Millwall
  15. Birmingham City
  16. Wigan Athletic
  17. Blackburn Rovers
  18. Ipswich Town
  19. QPR
  20. Hull City
  21. Sheffield Wednesday
  22. Reading
  23. Bolton Wanderers
  24. Rotherham United

Last year the supercomputer was fairly accurate which will get Middlesbrough fans excited. It accurately picked that Wolves would be the champions and also perfectly predicted the positions of relegated Sunderland, Burton Albion and Barnsley.

2 hours ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

So the computer didn't actually predict this then - certainly not at this stage of the new season.

The only one they got right at the start was Burton and it wouldn't have taken paying Harry Redknapp all the millions he used to get from the tabloid rags every summer to predict Man Utd & Arsenal would finish in the top 4 to come up with that Nostradamus-like gem! 

When did the super-computer decide Sunderland were going down? After the lost to Burton at the end of April maybe having spent all season in the relegation zone.

Middlesbrough fans should be as excited by the super-computer as they were last season by all accounts.......

Might as well have got Jason Cundy to do it and that's saying something.  

2 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

I realize that our expectations are lower than in recent seasons, but how on earth can we be tipped to just escape the drop with the players we have?????

Do they know something we don't regarding players being sold?

Do they expect similar injuries this time?

Or is it based purely on last season?

I think they've just based it on fact that we've not bought anyone.

If you don't spend over £20M in this league you've no chance and if you don't spend over £50M in premier league you've no chance, that's what they think anyhow.

3 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

I disagree.

We're weaker than in our 2 play off seasons in a number of positions. 

Westwood

Hunt

Loovens

Wallace

Lee

Hooper

All key players, all missing for one reason or other 

But what about players improving, things dont just stand still. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

7 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

So basically you're saying that we've spent all this money to finish lower than we did under Gray, as such.

8 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

So basically you're saying that we've spent all this money to finish lower than we did under Gray, as such.

At the moment I am predicting around those places.  We have very good players but it doesn’t look good for Lee & Hooper who in my opinion are top class for this league.  We have many others that are injury prone.  We haven’t replaced Glenn Loovens and we lack a leader at the back.  We lack a bit of muscle and pace.  Every team needs to strengthen and we have failed to do so.  The team needs freshening up.  Right now, I don’t see us doing anything this season. Not being negative, just being realistic!

3 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

At the moment I am predicting around those places.  We have very good players but it doesn’t look good for Lee & Hooper who in my opinion are top class for this league.  We have many others that are injury prone.  We haven’t replaced Glenn Loovens and we lack a leader at the back.  We lack a bit of muscle and pace.  Every team needs to strengthen and we have failed to do so.  The team needs freshening up.  Right now, I don’t see us doing anything this season. Not being negative, just being realistic!

Well, if your predictions come true - and who's to say they won't - then Chansiri will have some very serious questions to answer.

He decided to go it alone and "do it his way", so he'll have to face the music.

We already have Swansea to thank for rescuing us last season, and if this squad does indeed finish in the lower reaches then he'll have to be held to account.

He exhorted the fans to greater efforts financially, and with that comes accountability.

3 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Can you honestly say we've improved in any of those positions?

Perhaps not. 

Still - it's a new manager getting to work with players he hasn't before. 

Might be able to get something extra out of them.

Still think a fully fit Wednesday squad, playing well, is a match for most in this division. 

Edited by SiJ

I don't think that table will be that far off 2 be honest . nearly every club are making signings ,some going for bust like leeds and forest , pigs get 12 million for someone who hardly ever plays(brooks) and gets a Liverpool star on loan . we are getting left behind big style that's why that table shows us in that position , ive seen us in last 3 pre season games and we have been totally flat ,our defence looks incredibly suspect that's my biggest worry, along with having no pace at wing back ,sort those 2 areas out then we should be much further up the table ,top 10 for sure . and also our usual injury situation would be much worse this season with us having such a small squad .why are all these young stars going out on loan to everyone but us, jos clearly said he wanted prem u23s  on loan and venancio or someone else. if jos aint going to allowed to be given the tools he may soon get fed up and walk. when are the club or the league going to make a statement? regarding embargo/ffp? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

I don't think that table will be that far off 2 be honest . nearly every club are making signings ,some going for bust like leeds and forest , pigs get 12 million for someone who hardly ever plays(brooks) and gets a Liverpool star on loan . we are getting left behind big style that's why that table shows us in that position , ive seen us in last 3 pre season games and we have been totally flat ,our defence looks incredibly suspect that's my biggest worry, along with having no pace at wing back ,sort those 2 areas out then we should be much further up the table ,top 10 for sure . and also our usual injury situation would be much worse this season with us having such a small squad .why are all these young stars going out on loan to everyone but us, jos clearly said he wanted prem u23s  on loan and venancio or someone else. if jos aint going to allowed to be given the tools he may soon get fed up and walk. when are the club or the league going to make a statement? regarding embargo/ffp? 

Making loads of signings isn't an advantage if they sign wrong players, Birmingham signed lots of players under Redknapp and it didn't do them much good.

Keeping same squad together and bringing youngsters through just might be an advantage over others.

5 hours ago, mattbianco1 said:
6 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

A supercomputer has predicted the Sky Bet Championship table as reported on by TalkSport.

We are now just three days away from the start of the season and it is the time of the year where everyone is the most optimistic. Because no competitive games have taken place, fans believe that their team might just have their year and get promoted or even have a good run of the cup. With reality yet to come in and crush our dreams, it is fair to say it’s one of the most exciting times of the year.

Everyone is now predicting what they believe will happen this season and Talksport have used their supercomputer to predict the final season. Some fans may be crushed by this especially Rotherham United who are going to make an instant return to Sky Bet League One if this is correct. Stoke City fans have more to cheer however as they are set to be the champions if this is correct.

The full table as predicted by the supercomputer is below.

1. Stoke City
  2. Derby County
  3. Middlesbrough
  4. Nottingham Forest
  5. Leeds United
  6. West Bromwich Albion
  7. Preston North End
  8. Brentford
  9. Aston Villa
  10. Swansea City
  11. Norwich City
  12. Bristol City
  13. Sheffield United
  14. Millwall
  15. Birmingham City
  16. Wigan Athletic
  17. Blackburn Rovers
  18. Ipswich Town
  19. QPR
  20. Hull City
  21. Sheffield Wednesday
  22. Reading
  23. Bolton Wanderers
  24. Rotherham United

Last year the supercomputer was fairly accurate which will get Middlesbrough fans excited. It accurately picked that Wolves would be the champions and also perfectly predicted the positions of relegated Sunderland, Burton Albion and Barnsley.

It's a load of testicles, they keep 'revising' it throughout the season. 

I see by your layout that you too are using a supercomputer :unsure:

Guest Jack the Hat

Super computer my arse. You could run a program like that off any decent laptop. The days of giant mainframes are long gone. What are we back in the 80's. The very idea that talkspork has this super computer in its office is brilliant. Does metal Mickey do the tea run at 10 and 3! Classic!

The championship is far too hard to predict. I've seen several media predictions are they're all cagey with no one willing to put their neck out. 

All they do is start with mast seasons table and make a couple of slight adjustments. 

One team tipped to go down will be in the top 8 and vice versa. 

25 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Super computer my arse. You could run a program like that off any decent laptop. The days of giant mainframes are long gone. What are we back in the 80's. The very idea that talkspork has this super computer in its office is brilliant. Does metal Mickey do the tea run at 10 and 3! Classic!

Mick Quinn should do it, about all he's good for based on his ramblings. 

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Perhaps not. 

Still - it's a new manager getting to work with players he hasn't before. 

Might be able to get something extra out of them.

Still think a fully fit Wednesday squad, playing well, is a match for most in this division. 

A new manager should be able to get more out of these players than Carlos did.

To play such a negative brand of football when you have Forestieri, Fletcher, Hooper, Winnall, Rhodes, Joao, Bannan, Lee and Reach is borderline criminal.

The managerial change alone leaves me to believe that we are entering this season in far better shape than when we travelled to Preston 12 months ago.

2 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Can you honestly say we've improved in any of those positions?

I wouldn’t have predicted Nuhiu’s form end of last season, so i’d rather just wait and see. 

Edited by AwokenGiant