Football Heaven 2018 - 2019

Just now, steelowl said:

starting to think the senior squad don't like this old school approach   and who would after the holiday camp of the last 3 years

In all honesty, I was just about to post that Jo’s has inherited “a holiday” camp.

I was composing my thoughts in my head - and then you posted that.

Too many pulling a decent wage, it’s too comfortable.

My, we didn’t half purchase some senior crap - to boost our past promotion prospects.

Any manager that comes into this Club, squad wise, would inherit a poisoned chalice.

I’ll leave the manager to it ATM - I “sort” of understand what he’s trying to do.

2 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

When fit Westwood is a good keeper. But, he spends too much time in the treatment room (IMO).

Whether genuine (?) I have no idea - but the Club and fellow players do. Could be an attitude problem - not ability.

But, I’m just guessing.

Got to be money. Presume the club would have had to produce some kind of income/expenditure forecast to get out of the embargo. Purely guesswork, but it could be that not paying loyalty bonus and not having to give contract extensions was factored into this. 

Jos has been picking school kids on the bench in front of seasoned pros on big money. It simply can’t be for footballing reasons. I didn’t believe it last year when we had the entire first team injured, and I don’t believe it now. 

1 minute ago, ReadingOwl said:

In all honesty, I was just about to post that Jo’s has inherited “a holiday” camp.

I was composing my thoughts in my head - and then you posted that.

Too many pulling a decent wage, it’s too comfortable.

My, we didn’t half purchase some senior crap - to boost our past promotion prospects.

Any manager that comes into this Club, squad wise, would inherit a poisoned chalice.

I’ll leave the manager to it ATM - I “sort” of understand what he’s trying to do.

It's going to be a long season  sorting this clusterfook of a squad of crocks and 50% ers out 

7 minutes ago, vulva said:

Got to be money. Presume the club would have had to produce some kind of income/expenditure forecast to get out of the embargo. Purely guesswork, but it could be that not paying loyalty bonus and not having to give contract extensions was factored into this. 

Jos has been picking school kids on the bench in front of seasoned pros on big money. It simply can’t be for footballing reasons. I didn’t believe it last year when we had the entire first team injured, and I don’t believe it now. 

I honestly think some of the seasoned pros’ haven’t given a stuff.

Hutchinson, Boyd and Jones. To name 3.

Hes picking youngsters because “they” haven’t given him any choice.

Oh, and I’d have dropped Lees too. He should be in his prime now - not playing like a pub player.

The Club and fans have to decide - players or Manager.

I’ll stick with the manager.

It’s not scientific - just a hunch.

Somebody has to get us out of this mess - until better times.

Edited by ReadingOwl

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

Wouldn't there be rumours galore if this was so?  Players would be really up in arms surely if this was the case and would be whispering behind the clubs back big style. 

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

Wouldn't there be rumours galore if this was so?  Players would be really up in arms surely if this was the case and would be whispering behind the clubs back big style. 

PFA?

Or is Gordon Taylor on a sabbatical. (or retired - not heard of him for ages).

21 hours ago, ReadingOwl said:

Away draw at Middlesborough last night.

Can’t disagree.

Middlesboro were perfect for the way Warne sets up especially away 

I said to Pete the Miller on Monday night that Rovrum would get at least a draw 

Doesn't reflect on anything at Hillsborough 

Boro created nothing against us and we gifted them 2 goals 

Thorniley heads the ball instead of letting it bounce they don't score the first, Lees does what he knows he should have done instead of passing it blind into the centre of the pitch they don't score the 2nd what other chance did they make ?

Edited by Lawrie Madden
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Middlesboro were perfect for the way Warne sets up especially away 

I said to Pete the Miller on Monday night that Rovrum would get at least a draw 

Doesn't reflect on anything at Hillsborough 

Boro created nothing against us and we gifted them 2 goals 

Thorniley heads the ball instead of letting it bounce they don't score the first, Lees does what he knows he should have done instead of passing it blind into the centre of the pitch they don't score the 2nd what other chance did they make ?

I stick to my point they are doing well relatively  our available squad v their squad 

I doubt we'd hold out for draw up there 

I have a lot of respect for what their chairman is managing to do there on considerably less finance