Football Heaven 2018 - 2019

I'm still liking this new guy 'Mike' ..so far 

not afraid to cut some regular callers off who are rambling  thought he was a bit soon with Mick off here but that was due to the important info that the usual main roads are busy

I reserve judgement that he's a tw@ and a closet blunt for a few months :biggrin: 

I think the fans going on about Westwood’s abscence are clutching at straws. There is a lot more wrong with this team than just Westwood’s omission or Dawson’s performances.

Fans always claim that it’s the players that aren’t being played, that are suddenly the saviours.

Hutchinson, Boyd, Jones etc, etc.

They probably aren’t being picked for a reason.

2 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

I think the fans going on about Westwood’s abscence are clutching at straws. There is a lot more wrong with this team than just Westwood’s omission or Dawson’s performances.

Fans always claim that it’s the players that aren’t being played, that are suddenly the saviours.

Hutchinson, Boyd, Jones etc, etc.

They probably aren’t being picked for a reason.

Of course they are, the type of people moaning at Lees, he gets dropped and then the same people moan because he gets dropped. No matter what the club says it won't ever be good enough for some people 

6 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Of course they are, the type of people moaning at Lees, he gets dropped and then the same people moan because he gets dropped. No matter what the club says it won't ever be good enough for some people 

For what’s it worth - I think this manager is old school. Picks the team on merit and has no sacred cows.

He has to deal with the legacy left by the last incumbent. Lapsed discipline, turn up when you want and, play when you feel like it.

In the short term it’s going to be painful - until he gets rid of deadwood or they buy into his ideas. No favourites.

But long term it may reap rewards - who knows? But we couldn’t carry on as we were.

He can get on with it for me - I’ll put up with some bumps in the road.

Edited by ReadingOwl

Just now, vulva said:

Not playing the likes of Westwood et al could have been part of our ‘defence’ to get released from the transfer embargo. 

When fit Westwood is a good keeper. But, he spends too much time in the treatment room (IMO).

Whether genuine (?) I have no idea - but the Club and fellow players do. Could be an attitude problem - not ability.

But, I’m just guessing.

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

Not playing the likes of Westwood et al could have been part of our ‘defence’ to get released from the transfer embargo. 

Rubbish, Westwood is just out of favour, that's all. If Westwood did come in and we still lose matches the same people would moan