Do you reckon #SWFC have scouts at the World Cup?

3 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Jos was asked this at the end of the season, he said we can’t compete in that market 

If Carlos was still in charge, we would be after that 37 year old Panama player that played today. :carlos:

• Haha 1

Reminiscing....one of the highlights of the World Cup would be the handful of relatively unknown and in some instances complete unknown players that had breakout tournaments. These days there are no surprises, all players are known entities.......

Players involved at world cup rarely shine in first few months back in league action. I would have thought answer is no but if we still have contract with Doyen they  will be claiming to represent us but just looking after their own interests.

3 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

Do we even have scouts in Sheffield.

Cahill varadi Maguire Jagielka are four Sheffield lads off the top of my head who hail from the city, and have played for England fairly recently.

Not an Owls first team appearance between them. 

Plus Kyle Walker.  That's 5 Sheffielders.  Sheffield with 550,000 people has almost exactly 1% of England's 55 million population.  So that's impressive.  

Do scouts still go to games that are filmed by a million cameras? Maybe there are scouts watching the games on TV just in case? I don't have much scouting knowledge though, i would just look on football manager.

Just now, tarn owl said:

Do scouts still go to games that are filmed by a million cameras? Maybe there are scouts watching the games on TV just in case? I don't have much scouting knowledge though, i would just look on football manager.

Clubs do use football manager - that's a fact

Owlstalk Shop

On 25/06/2018 at 09:32, Lincs Owl said:

Do we even have scouts in Sheffield.

Cahill varadi Maguire Jagielka are four Sheffield lads off the top of my head who hail from the city, and have played for England fairly recently.

Not an Owls first team appearance between them. 

John Stones is from Thurlstone, so can add him to that list