Rhodes to Norwich

Whether we pay part of his wages and who we loan him to are two separate issues.

If the choice is pay all his wages and not use him or pay half his wages and him be on loan, the latter saves you half his wages.

Ideally you wouldn't want to loan to a rival but Premier clubs won't want him and League 1 won't be able to afford half his wages (probably)

1 minute ago, OxonOwl said:

Whether we pay part of his wages and who we loan him to are two separate issues.

If the choice is pay all his wages and not use him or pay half his wages and him be on loan, the latter saves you half his wages.

Ideally you wouldn't want to loan to a rival but Premier clubs won't want him and League 1 won't be able to afford half his wages (probably)

Of course these scenarios are true in a lessor of two evils choices, but you are assuming that the club don't intend to use JR this coming season. 

I hope the manager, CEO and owner have agreed the overall strategy which includes the strikers. We ended last season with JR well down the pecking order but we don't know what JL intends to do this season and who he wants. Clearly FFP may have an impact on these decisions, but we were told that we would continue with the level of spending by the owner in January to justify the gate prices.

11 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

Probably paid over 5 years. 

So to spend 5m on one player isnt justified if they can bring in 3 players and balance with ffp.

In a nutshell Norwich are 25 million better off FFP wise no matter how it's paid aslong as it's not all add ons.

Edited by pazowl55

1 hour ago, Woodseats Owl said:

I normally take the A1 then A17 then A47 can be quite a drive with a few speed cameras on route, and if you get stuck behind a tractor it can be a right pain.

Hope this helps.

UTO'S 

Nice drive though and well worth the effort don’t you think !!! 

1 minute ago, TINKERBELL said:

Hopefully katrien will have her business head on and fleece them for everything she can get.

Hopefully. But unfortunately I think all that will mean will be an extra 5 grand paid to towards the wages of his loan.

Gonna be hard to get rid of Rhodes for a deal that's worth doing. 

I really don't understand why so many on here want to sell or Loan out Jordan Rhodes.

We have a long hard season ahead.

To loan out or even worse sell a player of his proven ability, would be a foolish thing for the club to do.

Of course, I know it's all a matter of "opinion"

And in my opinion, quite a few on Owlstalk, are BONKERS !.....

lol

1 minute ago, np pontefract said:

I really don't understand why so many on here want to sell or Loan out Jordan Rhodes.

To loan out or even worse sell a player of his proven ability, would be a foolish thing for the club to do.

lol

I don't know if the news bypasses Pontefract, but the club has got a few financial issues atm. 

We've got a potentially saleable asset in Rhodes - who has massively underperformed and is on a lot of money - that Norwich City want to take off us. 

Currently, on our books, we have Nando, Hooper, Fletcher, Nuhiu and Winnall. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, np pontefract said:

lol

We simply cannot afford to keep the current squad together in its entirety and avoid a FFP issue next summer. So a few more high earners need to go, it’s a difficult choice on who goes but the likes of Abdi and Rhodes who haven’t justified their cost are clearly top of the list. 

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I don't know if the news bypasses Pontefract, but the club has got a few financial issues atm. 

We've got a potentially saleable asset in Rhodes - who has massively underperformed and is on a lot of money - that Norwich City want to take off us. 

Currently, on our books, we have Nando, Hooper, Fletcher, Nuhiu and Winnall. 

What makes you think I live in Pontefract? 

The "financial issues" of which you speak, are open to question and are open to differing interpretations.

Unless you have genuine, inside knowledge, I doubt you know the true situation, with regard to club finances.

If you do have inside knowledge,  I would be very grateful, if you would give us all, the benefit of this knowledge.

However, my original point still stands.

To sell or Loan out Jordan Rhodes, will not be a wise move for the club.

The other strikers at the club will not be available for the whole season.

Injuries will occur,  I can assure you of that !

I'm  sick of being in the second division of English Football and want to get out as soon as possible.

To do that, we need to keep our best players !

14 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

We simply cannot afford to keep the current squad together in its entirety and avoid a FFP issue next summer. So a few more high earners need to go, it’s a difficult choice on who goes but the likes of Abdi and Rhodes who haven’t justified their cost are clearly top of the list. 

Abdi  yes.

Rhodes no......

1 minute ago, np pontefract said:

Unless you have genuine, inside knowledge, I doubt you know the true situation, with regard to club finances.

The club have a legal requirement to publish accounts. People who know accounting have looked over the books and explained. The rules regarding FFP are pretty simple.

5 minutes ago, np pontefract said:

What makes you think I live in Pontefract? 

The "financial issues" of which you speak, are open to question and are open to differing interpretations.

If you do have inside knowledge,  I would be very grateful, if you would give us all, the benefit of this knowledge.

However, my original point still stands.

To sell or Loan out Jordan Rhodes, will not be a wise move for the club.

The other strikers at the club will not be available for the whole season.

Injuries will occur,  I can assure you of that !

I'm  sick of being in the second division of English Football and want to get out as soon as possible.

To do that, we need to keep our best players !

Rhodes has already been here when we had Foresteri Hooper Fletcher and Winnal out and he still couldn't make an impact. 

Three of those are now gonna be back so the best thing for all parties is for him to move. 

It will free up some funds to be used elsewhere, notably defense. 

6 minutes ago, bigrbuk said:

The club have a legal requirement to publish accounts. People who know accounting have looked over the books and explained. The rules regarding FFP are pretty simple.

If it is as simple as you say, then can you explain why there are so many different interpretations, as to the financial situation at the club.