Back to training early

1 hour ago, Watto said:

We don't know the ins and outs of the Rhodes deal though , it would be a good bet that Chansiri had something to do with him coming in (8-10M) , biggest waste of money we've had the misfortune to be stuck with !

you could be right about the Rhodes deal,but chansiri was very insistant that carlos was not head coach he was manager and had full control of signings jan 2016 onwards , I think every signing we made since then was chansiri sent carlos a list of players available carlos viewed them on youtube or dvd and signed them on that basis , think carlos only was every spotted once at an away game in all time he was here ,looking at opposition , some managers if not most take in a few games to assess what they are or not signing.

2 hours ago, blakey1959 said:

mcgugan ruined mcgugan ,plenty of skill little spirit or application or hunger 

Really...are you sure?? The debacle that followed McGugan came after his wife gave birth to his child...McGugan said he wasn't ready for the weekend game!! He was never seen again.

Sad really when you think that for the majority of last season we lacked creativity from midfield due to injury and we had a player on the books who would have more than filled a gap if he had been kept relatively happy and fit. Nothing much McGugan could have done about not getting picked. His face didn’t fit, end of!! 

Not much more to say IMO. It’s hard to go to any club at any level after that and prove yourself in such a short space of time, when lacking match fitness from the outset. 

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 20:47, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

Rumour is he did but he broke his wrist doing it.

And a splinter went in his eye

15 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

I also think Carlos ruined McGugan mate...he was a talented player but CC obviously didn’t like him and sat him in the development squad to rot!! 

Nonsense mate. McGugen was and is still a T. W. A. T. 

He had a good loan spell with us but

as soon as he was through the door and contracted he couldn't give a throw. 

My father in law is very good friends with Stuart Gray and Mr Gray didn't want him signed!

Look at his past! Every manager has sacked him off. 

Guest samowl
On 20/06/2018 at 19:36, Owl 44 said:

Hell of a five a side team.

So you're gambling on Fletcher being fit. Love an optimist 

18 hours ago, ReluctantNicko said:

Do you mean fit as in stamina (Marney & Boyd covering huge distances)? If you mean few injuries, you are mistaken as Burnley had more than their fair share of injuries in both the 2013/14 & 2015/16 promotion campaigns.

Be interesting to see there appearance stats for that last promotion season.

On 20/06/2018 at 20:11, handworth52 said:

think he is on 30-35k a week, mcgugan was on appx 18k a week both seem happy to pick up there massive wages without busting a gut to get fit and play, if I was earning that much id be embarrassed that im ripping supporters off and the club and id be sweating blood and smashing the managers door  down to play . 

I work for a very large high street supermarket, I turn up every day and do the least amount of work as I can get away with, and proper take the pee with fag breaks. 

Do you think I should be embarrassed that I'm ripping the shoppers off and be banging on the managers door for more jobs to do? 

People get glossy eyed because it's football, but to footballers surely it's only a job? 

2 hours ago, ItsJody said:

I work for a very large high street supermarket, I turn up every day and do the least amount of work as I can get away with, and proper take the pee with fag breaks. 

Do you think I should be embarrassed that I'm ripping the shoppers off and be banging on the managers door for more jobs to do? 

People get glossy eyed because it's football, but to footballers surely it's only a job? 

I guess your on the minimum wage then? I don't think I would be running myself into ground for that kind of money either. But 30-35k  a week I would be working as hard as possible to try to play ,I'd be ashamed to be happy to pick that loot up every week doing next to nothing .

9 hours ago, Bigblueowl said:

Nonsense mate. McGugen was and is still a T. W. A. T. 

He had a good loan spell with us but

as soon as he was through the door and contracted he couldn't give a throw. 

My father in law is very good friends with Stuart Gray and Mr Gray didn't want him signed!

Look at his past! Every manager has sacked him off. 

Hahaha...if you say so!! 

3 hours ago, Sonny said:

Nicko will have them committed to memory. He’s like rain man when it comes to Burnley.

Yes...in 2015/16 promotion season, Boyd played 44 out of 46, Jones 41.

In 2013/14 promotion season, Jones started in 46 out of 46.

In 2015/16 both Marney and Barnes missed most of the season with injury.

In 2013/14 Vokes, Marney and Ings missed several games through injury.

10 minutes ago, ReluctantNicko said:

Yes...in 2015/16 promotion season, Boyd played 44 out of 46, Jones 41.

In 2013/14 promotion season, Jones started in 46 out of 46.

In 2015/16 both Marney and Barnes missed most of the season with injury.

In 2013/14 Vokes, Marney and Ings missed several games through injury.

Point being that Burnley didn't really have many injury problems. 

If we only have say Lee and Fletcher missing all next season I'll take that and be confident of a top 6 finish.

On 20/06/2018 at 19:28, Owl 44 said:

Found this on Twitter. Seems the forever injured from last season are back already and raring to go. This was taken on Monday. 

IMG_20180620_191316.thumb.jpg.98a8b02a31263e423cef8828fbb08073.jpg

Interesting that one of the long term injured is missing, 

Either he’s not yet at the stage of recovery to be walking around or the others don’t want to be photographed with him.

Winnall.?.

You could say so...but it also depends when injuries occur to key players.

Kieran Trippier only missed 6 matches in 4 seasons at Burnley but 5 of them were in the promotion run-in in 2013/14 including the virtual title-decider at home to Leicester  in March which we lost 2-0 with Trippier, Marney, Vokes and Ings all missing at the same time.

Edited by ReluctantNicko

18 hours ago, Growl67 said:

Is it just me or are our players getting younger and younger these days?

I know we're bringing some of the u18 and u23 squads in to work with the 1st team squad, but this is ridiculous.

:luhukay: