Back to training early

Good to see Jos getting the some of the lads in pre-pre-season - logic would suggest they are being tested before the main work starts next week, in order to assess their readiness and avoid further injury. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

Abdi would definitely have to do all he can to be match ready to fulfill his contract i imagine.

If we finally manage a season keeping the 1st team fit like Burnley did when they went up we can definitely compete at the top.

4 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Abdi would definitely have to do all he can to be match ready to fulfill his contract i imagine.

If we finally manage a season keeping the 1st team fit like Burnley did when they went up we can definitely compete at the top.

I think the team are in for a tough pre-season, I am extremely optimistic of the thought of certain players being sharper than they have been over the last few seasons. Could you imagine a Gary Hooper a couple of yards sharper - BOOM! get ready. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

9 hours ago, handworth52 said:

who knows ,but just hear the rumours like everyone else, its a shame about him as it looks like mcgugan is finished at 29 getting released by Northampton in January answers the question me thinks. and yes theres nowt we can do about abdi jones etc etc 1 man is to blame for all these disaster signings his name is carlos. the club will just have to pay these players for doing nothing until they all leave which will be another 2 years 

I also think Carlos ruined McGugan mate...he was a talented player but CC obviously didn’t like him and sat him in the development squad to rot!! 

18 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

I also think Carlos ruined McGugan mate...he was a talented player but CC obviously didn’t like him and sat him in the development squad to rot!! 

couldn't agree more ,he was my fav player until carlos rotted him,now he is finished .. and same with quite a few other players , carlos has done a lot of damage ,we are cashless now for 2-3 years cause of all the bad signings and poor training what he was to blame for. ive been going on about this for 2-3 years though ,the mans a fraud with a fake smile reminds me of a dodgy con man trying to sell time share

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sMacLean said:

Do you mean fit as in stamina (Marney & Boyd covering huge distances)? If you mean few injuries, you are mistaken as Burnley had more than their fair share of injuries in both the 2013/14 & 2015/16 promotion campaigns.

8 hours ago, handworth52 said:

couldn't agree more ,he was my fav player until carlos rotted him,now he is finished .. and same with quite a few other players , carlos has done a lot of damage ,we are cashless now for 2-3 years cause of all the bad signings and poor training what he was to blame for. ive been going on about this for 2-3 years though ,the mans a fraud with a fake smile reminds me of a dodgy con man trying to sell time share

mcgugan ruined mcgugan ,plenty of skill little spirit or application or hunger 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Lee looking every inch of 6'1"

has Fletcher bulked up a bit? 

Looked like it to me mate 

9 hours ago, handworth52 said:

We don't know the ins and outs of the Rhodes deal though , it would be a good bet that Chansiri had something to do with him coming in (8-10M) , biggest waste of money we've had the misfortune to be stuck with !

21 hours ago, Owl 44 said:

Found this on Twitter. Seems the forever injured from last season are back already and raring to go. This was taken on Monday. 

IMG_20180620_191316.thumb.jpg.98a8b02a31263e423cef8828fbb08073.jpg

Is it just me or are our players getting younger and younger these days?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Owl 44 said:

Found this on Twitter. Seems the forever injured from last season are back already and raring to go. This was taken on Monday. 

IMG_20180620_191316.thumb.jpg.98a8b02a31263e423cef8828fbb08073.jpg

Kieran, Sam you two on the side, you 3 rotund players hide behind the kids :tango: