Back to training early

15 hours ago, ItsJody said:

I work for a very large high street supermarket, I turn up every day and do the least amount of work as I can get away with, and proper take the pee with fag breaks. 

Do you think I should be embarrassed that I'm ripping the shoppers off and be banging on the managers door for more jobs to do? 

People get glossy eyed because it's football, but to footballers surely it's only a job? 

You don't become a championship footballer by considering it just a job. Takes years of practice and dedication. Can't believe any pro footballer considers it just a job. 

Edited by poite

4 minutes ago, owlsincefifties said:

Perhaps, just perhaps, Abdi is fit enough not to train with those recovering from ops etc. and is in full training with the squad

And has been for the majority of the time he's been at the club.

2 hours ago, Bigblueowl said:

Are you 5 years old you muppet?

Ah the old ageism and patronising response...plus a personal insult for good measure!! Classy

Here pal listen, bigbluecock....go fizz your self (once you’ve finished your fifa and champ man scouting session). 

• Haha 1

Guest Arcadianrocket

I think it's to early for the players to be coming back, With all the injuries we had last season, I think a few extra weeks off would have been ok. Let them come back a month before the season.

On 21 June 2018 at 07:20, handworth52 said:

couldn't agree more ,he was my fav player until carlos rotted him,now he is finished .. and same with quite a few other players , carlos has done a lot of damage ,we are cashless now for 2-3 years cause of all the bad signings and poor training what he was to blame for. ive been going on about this for 2-3 years though ,the mans a fraud with a fake smile reminds me of a dodgy con man trying to sell time share

Not been on here for a few weeks and can't believe the Carlos moaners are still at it.

This is about as good as it gets and where McGugan is now is down go him and no one else. He had talent but little application or effort - it's frustrating actually because many a young player would love to have his technical ability.

On 21 June 2018 at 18:37, handworth52 said:

you could be right about the Rhodes deal,but chansiri was very insistant that carlos was not head coach he was manager and had full control of signings jan 2016 onwards , I think every signing we made since then was chansiri sent carlos a list of players available carlos viewed them on youtube or dvd and signed them on that basis , think carlos only was every spotted once at an away game in all time he was here ,looking at opposition , some managers if not most take in a few games to assess what they are or not signing.

More ill informed comment

51 minutes ago, Arcadianrocket said:

I think it's to early for the players to be coming back, With all the injuries we had last season, I think a few extra weeks off would have been ok. Let them come back a month before the season.

Yeah I agree with that let’s not bother getting them fit for the coming season let’s just give them a rest and maybe just do some ball work. What could go wrong.

On 21 June 2018 at 19:17, Wednesday_Jack said:

Really...are you sure?? The debacle that followed McGugan came after his wife gave birth to his child...McGugan said he wasn't ready for the weekend game!! He was never seen again.

Sad really when you think that for the majority of last season we lacked creativity from midfield due to injury and we had a player on the books who would have more than filled a gap if he had been kept relatively happy and fit. Nothing much McGugan could have done about not getting picked. His face didn’t fit, end of!! 

Not much more to say IMO. It’s hard to go to any club at any level after that and prove yourself in such a short space of time, when lacking match fitness from the outset. 

If he was as good as you claim then why did he not cut it at Northampton?

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Yeah I agree with that let’s not bother getting them fit for the coming season let’s just give them a rest and maybe just do some ball work. What could go wrong.

He's right though... The injured players that haven't played for months defo need extra rest just so they have enough energy to get through their holidays. 

6 hours ago, Wakefield owl said:

If he was as good as you claim then why did he not cut it at Northampton?

Oh god...did you just read my one post n think “I will have a pop at this one”? Plus please show me where I said mcgugan is a world beater?? All I said was that had we kept him fit and in the right frame of mind he would have been more useful this season than jones and some of the other dross that has played throughout the injury crisis.

When Mcgugan left he hadn't played any sort of football in nearly 12 months, how can he go from not playing and been unfit to been a superstar in the space of 24hrs, at any level? Professional football even at league 1 level requires match fitness and game time etc.... Not to mention what his mental state would have been like!!

Edited by Wednesday_Jack

On 21/06/2018 at 22:45, Bigblueowl said:

Nonsense mate. McGugen was and is still a T. W. A. T. 

He had a good loan spell with us but

as soon as he was through the door and contracted he couldn't give a throw. 

My father in law is very good friends with Stuart Gray and Mr Gray didn't want him signed!

Look at his past! Every manager has sacked him off. 

Let me ask ask you a simple question (and I will keep it simple for your benefit)...do you think CC ruined/nearly ruined Nuhiu??

I suppose what I’m getting at is, the situation was very similar yet a new manager comes him, gets him fit and playing and the proof is in the pudding!! No different in my opinion...CC managed one or two players extremely poorly because their face didn’t fit!! 

14 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Let me ask ask you a simple question (and I will keep it simple for your benefit)...do you think CC ruined/nearly ruined Nuhiu??

I suppose what I’m getting at is, the situation was very similar yet a new manager comes him, gets him fit and playing and the proof is in the pudding!! No different in my opinion...CC managed one or two players extremely poorly because their face didn’t fit!! 

Yes, I think Carlito would probably have picked me sooner than McGugan. :manager:

2 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, I think Carlito would probably have picked me sooner than McGugan. :manager:

There’s no doubt that at times mcgugan’s attitude was wrong but to completely banish him from the squad was ridiculous imo...Carlos said he didn’t fit his high energy game plan!! After the first season under Carlos mcgugan would have been perfect for his slow and often negative approach. At least he would have offered creativity over Boyd and jones!!