Brum in for Bannan?

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Have a day in the real world. We have given the ball a very good kick, and failed. It’s consolidation time until thesr big contracts run out. 

It makes sense to me to get what we can for those like westwood,bannan,lees,hooper in the last year of there contracts coz unless we offer them improved deals( and we may not be able to do that) they'll be leaving for free come next summer . 

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

Have a day in the real world. We have given the ball a very good kick, and failed. It’s consolidation time until thesr big contracts run out. 

Same every year our players get linked with another club and people like your self get in a flap .chansiri wants prem football selling all our beat players that not going to happen

Guest everydays_wednesday
33 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Selling Bannan would be like saying we aren't interested in getting promoted anymore. 

You mean we have been......someone should have told CC v Hull at Wembley and Udders in semi playoffs !

1 minute ago, dan1980 said:

Same every year our players get linked with another club and people like your self get in a flap .chansiri wants prem football selling all our beat players that not going to happen

I’m not in a flap. Just see things for what they are. Some fans are very naive. Our spending is clearly unsustainable, especially at Championship level. 

1 minute ago, vulva said:

I’m not in a flap. Just see things for what they are. Some fans are very naive. Our spending is clearly unsustainable, especially at Championship level. 

There no doubt we will be cutting back on spending nobody saying otherwise

It's clear we need to trim the budget and in an ideal world we will move on the likes of Abdi, Fletcher, Rhodes and Winnall but if that isn't happening then we may entertain bids for BB and FF as hard as that is to take.

If we sell either we will struggle to be a top 10 team. If we sell both we will be in the bottom 6 for me. Over to you Katrien and DC.

9 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

There no doubt we will be cutting back on spending nobody saying otherwise

So without selling players, and/or getting shut of these big contracts, how do you propose we do it?

I’d like to ship out Westwood, Abdi, Fletcher, Jones and Mattias with a fee and the new club paying the wages. 

I’d also like a 14 inch dobber. 

Harsh reality is we need to raise money, for 2 reasons. Firstly to keep within FFP and secondly refresh the squad, a squad that has failed 3 times. 

As a result we are a sitting duck with the likes of Bannan, Reach, Hooper, FF, Lees etc etc. And we are also well down the football food chain, and can get financially blown out of the water by the likes of Stoke, West Brom, Swansea et al. 

30 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

I would think he could go to a better club if we were inclined to sell him.

I don't think there are any better clubs than Sheffield wednesday.

So let's hope he stays with us.

Real Quality, that Bannan chap !

lol

makes me laugh when people say why would he leave for brum .if they offer to double is wages or show more ambition to get promoted why wouldn't he leave

do people honestly think players give a flying f.uck  about the size of club 

1 minute ago, np pontefract said:

I don't think there are any better clubs than Sheffield wednesday.

So let's hope he stays with us.

Real Quality, that Bannan chap !

lol

lol

I hope you knew I meant better than Brum

Edited by OxonOwl

47 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

I wonder what the 'situation' is they are monitoring.

Probably his contract situation.

His deal expires in a years time, so if he doesn't sign a new one fairly sharpish then there's going to be a temptation to sell on our part, given that we'd lose him for free otherwise.

Same goes for Hooper, Joao, Westwood, etc.

6 minutes ago, vulva said:

So without selling players, and/or getting shut of these big contracts, how do you propose we do it?

I’d like to ship out Westwood, Abdi, Fletcher, Jones and Mattias with a fee and the new club paying the wages. 

I’d also like a 14 inch dobber. 

Harsh reality is we need to raise money, for 2 reasons. Firstly to keep within FFP and secondly refresh the squad, a squad that has failed 3 times. 

As a result we are a sitting duck with the likes of Bannan, Reach, Hooper, FF, Lees etc etc. And we are also well down the football food chain, and can get financially blown out of the water by the likes of Stoke, West Brom, Swansea et al. 

Isnt abdi leaving .westwood will have plenty of takers somebody will take rhodes that a fair chunk saved on wages alone sadly think we stuck with jones .hooper a good player but we dont get more than half a season so not end of world if he leaves.fessi bannan and lees are the ones we need to keep 

Guest wilyfox

If there were prem interest fair enough, but I don't believe DC would sell Bannan or Forestieri to a champ rival. 

I’m of the opinion that Rhodes will definitely leave this summer either permanently or on loan and we will look to move on some others who are not in the picture. Obviously this will prove difficult. 

I honestly don’t see us selling our best players. Chansiri wants premier football and I would be gobsmacked if he sells FF, Bannan, Lees etc.

Stay calm everyone - I think we will be strong again next season. 

People need to get real , the decent players may leave. We have over spent on dross and banged them on long contracts . Something has to give. 

I’d be disappointed to see bannan leave, especially as we will be stuck with guff like abdi and fletcher . The legacy of the previous regimes ineptitude will live on for a while yet I’m afraid