Brum in for Bannan?

I'm fairly certain Bannan would rather sh*t in his hands and clap than join Birmingham, given the fact he has a recorded history of hating them, it's almost like Journos don't think before they post things for clicks and to justify their existence

8 hours ago, vulva said:

Carlos is, and has been, a very easy target. He gets the blame for injuries, tactics and recruitment. This is despite the fact he worked under a Chairman who according to many on here micromanages all staff to within an inch of their life. 

How Carlos managed to get us to the playoffs in his first 2 seasons here is beyond me, when you factor just how bad he was, according to some. 

I’ve had the pleasure of sitting through the likes of Eustace, Yorath, Jewel, Jones, Irvine and Pleat. Can only presume those that criticise Carlos didn’t enjoy a similar period of footballing joy. 

Jewell. Those were desperate days. 

12 hours ago, vulva said:

So without selling players, and/or getting shut of these big contracts, how do you propose we do it?

I’d like to ship out Westwood, Abdi, Fletcher, Jones and Mattias with a fee and the new club paying the wages. 

I’d also like a 14 inch dobber. 

Harsh reality is we need to raise money, for 2 reasons. Firstly to keep within FFP and secondly refresh the squad, a squad that has failed 3 times. 

As a result we are a sitting duck with the likes of Bannan, Reach, Hooper, FF, Lees etc etc. And we are also well down the football food chain, and can get financially blown out of the water by the likes of Stoke, West Brom, Swansea et al. 

Having a 14 inch dobber is not all it's cracked up to be. Just ask the missus.

Based on the last eight games of the season, Barry Bannan is arguably our most important player. 90% of what was positive about Wednesday in that period came through Bannan. To let him go would be fairly stupid in my opinion. An opinion I think the club and most fans would agree with.

Oh and Birmingham? I think if there's one club Bannan wouldn't join it would be them.

13 hours ago, welsOwl74 said:

makes me laugh when people say why would he leave for brum .if they offer to double is wages or show more ambition to get promoted why wouldn't he leave

do people honestly think players give a flying f.uck  about the size of club 

Totally agree with the ethos of this statement ... That said, I've spoke to BB and his dad on a number of occasions and (whilst accepting football folk generally say whatever they think people want to hear) I'd be gobsmacked if BB didn't have a genuine affinity for the club ... On this basis, unless FFP took precedent, I'd be amazed if BB didn't ((at least) see out his contract and left the club for another Championship club ... Time will tell 

As much as I love BB,he lacks goals,hes busy,energetic and has a fantastic work ethic,he never gives up trying to get us going......alas hes small,scores one goal each season which doesnt fit the bill,we need goal threats in every single department,Id happily swap him for the re emerging Judge at Brentford,who bangs in 12/15 goals a term,and does EXACTLY the same job......

Personally I hope we keep both Bannan and Forestieri. Out of all our current players they're the two I'd most like us to keep, at least for another season. Although I don't think they will leave this summer, it's inevitable that eventually we will lose them and other key players the longer we stay at this level.

However, football's changed and if we do lose them this summer, then they will be difficult to replace. In terms of players at this level then I would look at the likes of Ryan Woods and Jota to replace them but they and other players near the calibre of Bannan and Forestieri would be expensive. If they did leave, then I could see it being that difficult to replace them, that maybe Jos would look at bringing in a few different types of players and maybe changing how we set up or looking for bargains or quality loanees to fit Jos' system and style?

But all said and done, I hope it's just nothing other than paper talk and I hope we keep both of them or at least one of them, losing them both would be deflating but hanging onto them would be a boost and would keep alive a positive vibe.

7 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Random hypothetical question:

If Brum were to buy Bannan for exactly the same price it would cost us to get Hourihane on a three year deal... would you take it? 

No way Pedro !!................Hourihane is vastly overrated IMHO , BB is a MUCH better player.

We have several players that would be of interest to 90% of the teams in this division so in that respect we need to get used to these nothing stories. BB may well be sold, it won’t be to Brum though.

18 hours ago, vulva said:

Carlos is, and has been, a very easy target. He gets the blame for injuries, tactics and recruitment. This is despite the fact he worked under a Chairman who according to many on here micromanages all staff to within an inch of their life. 

How Carlos managed to get us to the playoffs in his first 2 seasons here is beyond me, when you factor just how bad he was, according to some. 

I’ve had the pleasure of sitting through the likes of Eustace, Yorath, Jewel, Jones, Irvine and Pleat. Can only presume those that criticise Carlos didn’t enjoy a similar period of footballing joy. 

Carlos managed to get us in the play offs by having a good team . We got results I’m spite of him not because of him , hence when it came to the crunch we failed both times , as did Swansea In their relegation 6 pointer. Anybody with half a brain cell saw this disaster of a season coming , Unfortuantly the legacy will continue for a while yet. 

Also comparimg carlos to Jewell , yorath and even Irvine is a bit unfair , the lib was skint and those managers didn’t exactly have Barry bannans or forestieries at their disposal 

Edited by james o connor

3 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Carlos managed to get us in the play offs by having a good team . We got results I’m spite of him not because of him , hence when it came to the crunch we failed both times , as did Swansea I need their relegation 6 pointer. Anybody with half a brain cell saw this disaster of a season coming , Unfortuantly the legacy will continue for a while yet. 

Also comparimg carlos to Jewell , yorath and even Irvine is a bit unfair , the lib was skint and those managers didn’t exactly have Barry bannans or forestieries at their disposal 

Yes, that's true IMO.

Those managers never had a chance with the hand they were dealt.

I didn't blame Carlos for the Hull defeat, because they had a better team than us and were always likely to win if they brought their A game to Wembley.

He was unlucky to lose Hooper just before the play-offs, but then didn't know how to/daren't change tack without him.

Last season was Chansiri's fault.

He couldn't see that once the players had lost faith the game was up.

16 minutes ago, Morepork said:

We have several players that would be of interest to 90% of the teams in this division so in that respect we need to get used to these nothing stories. BB may well be sold, it won’t be to Brum though.

I guess it's if the parachute clubs are interested in any of our players, MP.

If Stoke are indeed interested in FF, then we'd struggle to keep him.