Hysteria

31 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

You're both wrong. Guns 'N Roses are the bst rock band ever though I do love both Metallica and Def Leppard too. 

I can only assume that you're all too young for zeppelin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steveger said:

Only one real British rock band and that's Maiden, all the rest are for curly haired fat lasses...:biggrin:

Best rock band in the world is Metallica :tongue:

Sorry Steve totally beg to differ!

Stones, Zeppelin, Purple, Heep, Wishbone, UFO, Priest, Free, Bad Company so so many to choose from! I'll agree though that Maiden are up there with the best of them as indeed are Leppard.

Love first 2 albums (still got them) but never the same for me without Pete Willis, and lost interest soon after.

Regardless of whether you like their music or not, and even overlooking the fact that the singer's a blunt (ok ALMOST overlooking that), don't you think it's nice to see local lads done good, especially given the worldwide scale of success that they have had?

48 minutes ago, Owls s18 said:

It’s rick savage and Harkes I believe sav has a box at hillsborough.

Def Leppard are currently touring the states so this photo is probably back stage somewhere.

Yep they certainly are. Here in September with Journey. Deffo seeing that one!

18 minutes ago, MaliceInBlunderland said:

Love first 2 albums (still got them) but never the same for me without Pete Willis, and lost interest soon after.

Regardless of whether you like their music or not, and even overlooking the fact that the singer's a blunt (ok ALMOST overlooking that), don't you think it's nice to see local lads done good, especially given the worldwide scale of success that they have had?

Peter was a Hillsborough regular along with brothers John and David. Peter was still a school kid when their mother had a £2 bet on Foinavon in 1967 which romped home at odds of 100-1. Alas John, My class mate,  passed some years ago taken early by a DVT I haven't seen any of the Willis's since.

4 minutes ago, steveger said:

Suddenly started liking ACDC....:rolleyes:

BpefPWzCIAIAwWe?format=jpg

Given that the Young brothers were all born in Scotland as was Bon Scott, and not forgetting that Brian Johnson and Cliff Williams are both British, there's more than a case  for classing them as a British band too!

The chaps from Leppard have always been given a dashed harsh deal people for reasons which evade me. 

As for the shirt Harkes is wearing... not one I recognise ad an official one.

But id love to see it at Hillsborough next season.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Sorry Steve totally beg to differ!

Stones, Zeppelin, Purple, Heep, Wishbone, UFO, Priest, Free, Bad Company so so many to choose from! I'll agree though that Maiden are up there with the best of them as indeed are Leppard.

What about a Black Sabbath?

But of course, plus The Who, The Kinks, Manfred Mann's Earth Band, Hawkwind, Pink Floyd, Yes, Genesis, Jethro Tull, as I said earlier so many! Sure there's plenty of others to add to the list.