Mr Chansiri I know you will be hearing this.

Just now, A12owl said:

I have just bought new carp cradle so I suppose I could count that as being a bit of a freebee. Just waiting for a carp put in it. As I won't have nothing to do on Saturday (fIamin football close season) will probably have the rods out for the day. 

The powers that be will be getting the rods if we don't get something like this

chansiri.png

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I looks very retro don't you think. Not a bad thing but not in line with current trends of Ziggy zags and splodges and airbrush strokes and all kinds of other gubbins. 

I rather liked our Wembley kit. 

Piping, trimming, two tone fannying about,  is another thing that should be consigned to the bin!

But it's one step at a time.

20 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm speaking to you using a telepathic headset.

Now listen to me. And now...

....listen to the stars. 

Listen to the heartbeat of the Universe.

62A4E7949828A4878B619C96D47133B820FB50CD

It's not too big Mr C.  listen to its rhythms. 

All that energy , every speck of space dust.

giphy.gif

Harness it in your hand.

Here. Take it in your hands.

giphy.gif

What is it telling you........

Season one.

Decent kit.

sheffield_wednesday_2015-2016-1st.gif

Not entirely Wednesday but a theme on it. Most people happy.

Happy people = positive atmosphere = confident players.

Shrewd signings and  Feelgood factor. New manager who promises us the world. Wembley.

So close! A combination of all those things got us so close. 

(Just that tactical  shoehorn in the final and the white socks cost us)

Season two.

Gillingham kit

sheffield_wednesday_2016-2017-1st.gif

Erm... well. Its something different. Its ok as a one off. Etc etc.

Itll be a collectors item. Its only for one yeae.

Eyebrows being raised though. Is this tampering for the sake?

Still the teams doing well. Aren't they? They're higher than last year. 

Some odd buys. Some ...big money Odd buys. Scraping points. Manager looking stressed.Fans worrying.  Very quiet atmosphere.

Quiet atmosphere = Players under pressure. Relying too much on wonder goals from knackered stars. Play off semis though

(Tactical stubbornness, fear and no stripes cost us.)

Season three.

sheffield_wednesday_2017-2018-1st.gif

Ipswich kit.

It's not an Ipswich kit,  it's a nod to the past. It is our anniversary year. 

A nod to when our team that made the cup final and we're capable of challenging for the title was slowly unfurled , sold off and allowed to age beyond use as we began one of our plumets into the wilderness?

It's and omen I tell you. We'll be relegated.

Luckily we werent - Jos overturned the cosmic odds of the bad luck strip against all known Universal powers and astral nastiness the Gods threw at us. Panic buys. A manager losing the thread. Could have gone down if the tache hadn't rode the to the rescue. 

Season four?

sheffield_wednesday_1934-1935-k.gif

Do it.

Do it DC.

I'm not saying it's our destiny kit. But...

Well...

It's our destiny kit!

• The home kit of our last championship winning team.
  • The home kit of our last FA Cup Winning side 
  • The home kit of our last League Cup Winning side. 

I know you want us in the Premier league as much as we do. (Maybe more considering the money you've spaffed into it!)

So create the vibe. Create the positive energy. 

Create the buzz. Fuel the fans, who'll fuel the players. 

With this-: A kit that says.

WE ARE SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 

2017-11-03 01.06.45.jpg

This kit, combined with  Jos our guide , wih Bazza and Fenando fit , it's a one way ticket to footballing Eutopia!

To much time on your hands pal, 

17 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

It is a fine kit.

However I am convinced the success in the Sheriff of London charity shield victory may have been earned because of those sneaky blue and white tops on the socks. 

I'm far from a pushy man so think perhaps a compromise. ..

This beauty. 

7sheffwed3bolton0_0.jpg?itok=MqaekA18

Aye,  I know there no black sock as such. But by having old school black boots I believe the complementary colour scheming makes up for it.

Though I note Mr Young on the end has opted to roll his socks in such a manner as to have one white top and one blue. 

He was always a bit edgy was Youngie, five minutes into the game and they'd be round his ankles anyway.

51 minutes ago, Archie irvine said:

To much time on your hands pal, 

And a good job too , had to sack our campaign manager when he said he liked pink and green boots.

You just can't afford to have that sort of barm-pot on the team.

• Like 2

On 16/05/2018 at 23:15, Lord Snooty said:

Three nice big blue stripes got us over the line.

The long blue shorts nearly cost us!! 

Didn't Wilko's promotion winning team also have blue shorts (and Jack Charltons before that?) Admittedly almost as tight fitting as a pair of budgie smugglers but blue nevertheless...

4 hours ago, I'm an Essex Owl said:

Didn't Wilko's promotion winning team also have blue shorts (and Jack Charltons before that?) Admittedly almost as tight fitting as a pair of budgie smugglers but blue nevertheless...

Indeed they did. Essex , indeed they did. Was the stripes that did it. 

And I always cannot help but wonder what those terrific managers. Legends in the game might have done here without that hindrance! 

Could Howard have been the last English manager to win the League Title here and not at Bellend Road? It's a question I'm sure they have all wondered over the years. With that subtle tinker to what was a decent kit. 

5ae842d056551_2018-05-0111_35_51.jpg.e235596d9151ce7f81f3c012b7490da8.jpg

Alas we cannot change history.. But not armed with the facts. We can have a winning future. 

mel_lee_blackshort_whitesocktop.thumb.jpg.d02ae8e218193fba3d9d0ab8ea2015f0.jpg.b5a4efdbc60d94ce741315bcfde07747.jpg.9e1e723baf581209dcd7e6748dc23021.jpg

1 hour ago, daleblue said:

Poor attempt at humour, 

Anagram. 

Soz.

No problem old bean.

Its me. My brain isn't working right. 

Stubbs still away.  Have now run out of jam and spent the last two days living on brandy and a jumbo box of nougat left over from Christmas.

We bottled it against Hull at Wembley. We bottled it against Stoke in the league Cup qf. We bottled it against Huddersfield in the play offs.

In every gane out tactics were bad. What to make of the owner. He's a megalomaniac a control freak. He treats people with absolute contempt who don't do what he thinks they should do. 

For all the money he's wasted we aren't any closer to the Premiership now than we were before he came. 

Spending money is only part of the solution. He hasn't worked out the other part yet. 

He probably never will 

23 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

We bottled it against Hull at Wembley. We bottled it against Stoke in the league Cup qf. We bottled it against Huddersfield in the play offs.

In every gane out tactics were bad. What to make of the owner. He's a megalomaniac a control freak. He treats people with absolute contempt who don't do what he thinks they should do. 

For all the money he's wasted we aren't any closer to the Premiership now than we were before he came. 

Spending money is only part of the solution. He hasn't worked out the other part yet. 

He probably never will 

Wilder left yet mate?

3 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

He probably never will 

The good news for you is that Wilder will be there until 2021...all he's got to do to ensure legendry status is that  he stays until 2024 to celebrate 100 YEARS WITHOUT A MAJOR TROPHY...come on Wilder become a legend lol 

15 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

The good news for you is that Wilder will be there until 2021...all he's got to do to ensure legendry status is that  he stays until 2024 to celebrate 100 YEARS WITHOUT A MAJOR TROPHY...come on Wilder become a legend lol 

Ah Wilder the man of his word who is not going to stand for the ownership issues at bramall lane any longer then signs a new contract.

Just see it now - Mr McCabe I am not signing a new contract until you guarantee a transfer war chest so we can finish above the best team in Yorkshire across the city, not going to happen son I have already sold Brookes to Everton for £3m and you will have no more money until the Bradford Prince sells his latest supercar but i will offer you an extra packet of crisps on top of the 6 pack you get each week.

Where that pen and let me sign you can't beat an extra packet of prawn cocktail.:duntmatter: 

21 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

He probably never will 

What's this stuff we've bottled ,is it on sale yet.:ph34r:

WTF:

• Haha 1