Mr Chansiri I know you will be hearing this.

11 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Don't bloody confuse him.

And where did you get a telepathy headset from anyway?

Bloody Princess Aura. I knew she couldn't be trusted. 

You can get one from Amazon. £20 And qualifies for free postage.

4 minutes ago, Arcadianrocket said:

Next year is our 4th season under Chansiri, how fast has that gone?

In the blink of eye.

Which is exactly the point.

I might not be long for this mortal coil.

Lets get back to stripes. To the top flight. To being Wednesday!

If I eat any more jam. I'm going to go mad.

You touched upon it in your brilliant OP, Jos' moustache rode in onto our rescue.

140327851_th(13).jpeg.5087d42407f1e284045b0c8d2f94ef51.jpeg

I too hope we bring back some of the feel good factor and positivity of Carlos' first season by bringing back the stripes and black shorts but regardless we have some momentum and positivity to take into next season thanks to Jos. He's steadied the ship; given a clean slate to the squad, given youngsters a chance and gotten the best out of some previously bit part players, some of whom seem like new players.

elliottshirt.jpg.e6f4b77416eabebe19ececa523bb305f.jpg

Hopefully Chansiri saw sense last season, after the negativity and unrest, and learnt from the mistakes made and when he did the kit deals for this season, let's hope he decided to return to stripes but even if he never, although I'll be disappointed, I'm still looking forward to Jos' first full season and the future seems bright again. Hopefully that future will soon see us return to our beautiful iconic stripes and black shorts, whilst we get results and steadily kick on.

The cosmic airwaves triggered in the hairs of Jos' magnificent moustache have aligned with the stars in outer space, after Carlos' negative possession football, excuses and our past couple of home kits upset the footballing Gods, and now the footballing Gods can now be received through the antennas in Jos' moustache, the universe as realigned itself and set the famous old Wednesday back on course towards a bright future. :ph34r::luhukay:

Edited by Mr. Wednesday
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

It is a fine kit.

However I am convinced the success in the Sheriff of London charity shield victory may have been earned because of those sneaky blue and white tops on the socks. 

I'm far from a pushy man so think perhaps a compromise. ..

This beauty. 

7sheffwed3bolton0_0.jpg?itok=MqaekA18

Aye,  I know there no black sock as such. But by having old school black boots I believe the complementary colour scheming makes up for it.

Though I note Mr Young on the end has opted to roll his socks in such a manner as to have one white top and one blue. 

Rather sloppy reverse image there m'lud.

Please have your photographic developer thrashed.

• Haha 1

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

12 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

It is a fine kit.

However I am convinced the success in the Sheriff of London charity shield victory may have been earned because of those sneaky blue and white tops on the socks. 

I'm far from a pushy man so think perhaps a compromise. ..

This beauty. 

7sheffwed3bolton0_0.jpg?itok=MqaekA18

Aye,  I know there no black sock as such. But by having old school black boots I believe the complementary colour scheming makes up for it.

Though I note Mr Young on the end has opted to roll his socks in such a manner as to have one white top and one blue. 

Front row, second from left - eyebrows...lol

them hooped socks are exquisite, always like a hooped sock, but to be fair as long as it stripes with black shorts then i’m In...

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

In the blink of eye.

Which is exactly the point.

I might not be long for this mortal coil.

Lets get back to stripes. To the top flight. To being Wednesday!

If I eat any more jam. I'm going to go mad.

The socks! The socks are key to the solution...

I would much prefer the Sheridan-esque blue and black to wear with my formal morning attire than have to suffer the all-white anaemic chunky nylon editions which will play havoc with my lounge suit co-ordinations.

Imagine attending a rather agreeable lunch in the Members' Bar or strolling around The Other Place later in the day wearing colourless hosiery alongside expensively tailored Huddersfield Worstead?

How say you?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

£20? For one of these?

Image result for 2p shove pusher

That is an absolute bargain! I'll make it back before dinner-time in the first day!

Ever had the supicion you've been conned. I told you to try Amazon.

18 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

The socks! The socks are key to the solution...

I would much prefer the Sheridan-esque blue and black to wear with my formal morning attire than have to suffer the all-white anaemic chunky nylon editions which will play havoc with my lounge suit co-ordinations.

Imagine attending a rather agreeable lunch in the Members' Bar or strolling around The Other Place later in the day wearing colourless hosiery alongside expensively tailored Huddersfield Worstead?

How say you?

socks.png

• Like 2

Nah then, that colour photo in the round necked shirts is the only one I’ve ever seen with Mark “Pancho” Pearson on. Extreme left of front row, he was a Ridgeway lad like me , mother used to teach him in primary school there. By the time I supported Wednesday he was long gone but occasionally saw him in the village making his bow legged way along to The Swan. And isn’t that photo back to front with Leppings Lane on the right of the North stand?:wacko:

3 hours ago, Neal M said:

Rather sloppy reverse image there m'lud.

Please have your photographic developer thrashed.

26 minutes ago, sternlad said:

And isn’t that photo back to front with Leppings Lane on the right of the North stand?:wacko:

Indeed it is gentlemen. Well spotted.

This photo is from Earth 2.   Where the North is the South and the South is the North.

Ahh. Earth 2. An Earth where Wednesday kept that kit , tinkered with the socks slightly the season after and went back to a plain blue sock with a white top and won the title in 1960/61  on goal difference from Spurs.

With their magnificent stripes and black shorts they repeated the trick in 61/62/   and did the double winning the European Cup to boot, beating ace Milan 4-2 in the final . The first English club to do so.

They built on this success and went on to win the '66 Cup final and Hillsborough was improved to cater for the humungous gates as people flocked to see the peoples champions.

By the 1970's Wednesday were the dominant force in European Football. Regularly beating the likes of Real Madrid. Benfica. and having some real ding-dongs with Ajax who were the only side really able to compete in the football and kit elegance stakes.

Meanwhile here on Earth one we ditched the stripes and you all know the rest. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1