MARCUS MADDISON

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Is he a striker, a winger, or a midfield player?

Winger/attacking-mid. Reminds me of Knockaert with that left peg of his. 

Are Peterborough in financial trouble as they seem to be selling or transfer listing all of there best players.

At 24 never played above league 1 has a 1 in 4 goal record in 130+ appearances for Peterborough but I assume they will be wanting silly money for him £2m ish maybe worth a punt but only if we sell one of our central midfielders or ourselves get a silly offer for Bannan  or we will be buying him to sit in the stands with Matias, Abdi etc. 

Sounds more like what we may need rather than his teammate. However, how much would be cost? They seem to want over £5million for Marriott and their best young players seem to go for quite a lot. Unless he's a lot less than Marriott, we'd be best off scouring the top flight loan market for some pace and seeing what's out there on the out of contract market?

I don’t know too much about him, other than seeing him on tv, when I think he came on as a sub My worry would be, we are not traditionally a club where lower league players thrive Of course that’s not scientific, but some clubs, Brentford for example, are much better at bringing these players through We are not

Maybe it’s the weight of expectation at a club like Wednesday

Don't think so, no.

He's quite direct.. thru balls and crosses a plenty.. but seems to do all his good work when he has plenty of space. That's something he'll find a lot less of stepping up to the Championship. In terms of pace, he looks quicker than average, but i wouldn't say he's fast. Very rarely runs past or away from anyone. I think there are better options given that he's fairly high profile at that level and will command a more significant fee as a result.

I think we can borrow better than him We don’t need to gamble big bucks on a lower league player A lot feel different I know, and probably think we don’t do enough to recruit from these type of clubs 

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I think we can borrow better than him We don’t need to gamble big bucks on a lower league player A lot feel different I know, and probably think we don’t do enough to recruit from these type of clubs 

Wouldn't be against us picking up Hakeeb Adelukan from Scunthrope. Looks promising and a whole lot cheaper than this fellow. Or Youness Mokhtar from Zwolle.. he's free and a better player than Maddison.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Don't think so, no.

He's quite direct.. thru balls and crosses a plenty.. but seems to do all his good work when he has plenty of space. That's something he'll find a lot less of stepping up to the Championship. In terms of pace, he looks quicker than average, but i wouldn't say he's fast. Very rarely runs past or away from anyone. I think there are better options given that he's fairly high profile at that level and will command a more significant fee as a result.

I agree. Mathias for example would be a much better option imho. In fact I’m really looking forward to seeing him get some game time next year. With the little flashes I’ve seen, I’m convinced there is a quality player in there....

4 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Wouldn't be against us picking up Hakeeb Adelukan from Scunthrope. Looks promising and a whole lot cheaper than this fellow. Or Youness Mokhtar from Zwolle.. he's free and a better player than Maddison.

Yes, I think you need to be picking up these type of players before they reach 23-24 Of course there will always be exceptions, but generally the top clubs are looking to recruit the younger players