MARCUS MADDISON

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Are Peterborough in financial trouble as they seem to be selling or transfer listing all of there best players.

At 24 never played above league 1 has a 1 in 4 goal record in 130+ appearances for Peterborough but I assume they will be wanting silly money for him £2m ish maybe worth a punt but only if we sell one of our central midfielders or ourselves get a silly offer for Bannan  or we will be buying him to sit in the stands with Matias, Abdi etc. 

We should, under no circumstances, consider selling Bannan. He has been integral to our up turn in results this season, and will be integral to a promotion tilt next season. 

24 minutes ago, goonan8 said:

We should, under no circumstances, consider selling Bannan. He has been integral to our up turn in results this season, and will be integral to a promotion tilt next season. 

I said if we sold him them look for a replacement in the same position.

2 hours ago, attyjake said:

He has just gone on the transfer list, I'd drive to Peterborough and bring him back myself.

Worth a punt?

Just the sort of player we should be signing. Young, direct , pacy wide man .

3 minutes ago, Maltby owl83 said:

This would be my no.1 signing this summer, young, quick, great delivery can score, surely the best replacement for Ross Wallace. Only issue is the fee. Hope we can pull it off though.

I thought Maddison played central midfield not wide right.

I would be going for the cheaper championship proven quality of Ben Marshall and we could get him cheap from Wolves who will be buying bigger and better for the Premiership

Stats wise, he's the stand out performer in League One.

But, although he's been transfer listed, he won't come cheap. Peterborough have only listed him due to his ambitions to play at a higher level and a promise made by McAnthony last summer. 

He fits our new (and improved) transfer strategy, and would fit into the number of systems we have adopted towards the end of this season. Could play off either flank in a 3-4-3, play as a No. 10 in a 3-4-1-2 or play as a advanced playmaker in a 3-5-2. Or even if we revert to a 4-2-3-1, he could make up a very exciting front four of Forestieri-Maddison-Joao and Nuhiu leading the line.

Ticks a lot of boxes. Just think he may be a few million too expensive for our tight FFP position.

He looks very good, bit selfish and wouldn’t have got a game under Carlos as he would be in the Mcgugan bracket. But under Jos he would probably add something similar to what Clare does.

I doubt we could afford him though with the MacAnthony inflation.

23 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I said if we sold him them look for a replacement in the same position.

It wasn’t a criticism of you, just thought I’d make the point. Can’t see the point of gambling trying to find a replacement as there aren’t that many players out there of Bannans ability for the money we could pay.

3 minutes ago, goonan8 said:

It wasn’t a criticism of you, just thought I’d make the point. Can’t see the point of gambling trying to find a replacement as there aren’t that many players out there of Bannans ability for the money we could pay.

I don't know I think Bannan big short coming is for a central midfielder his goals to games ratio is embarrassing, yes he is a creative players but he needs to be scoring 1 in 5 or 6 not 1 in 20.

If we had a midfielder who could create and also score goals and the only way to get that was to sell Bannan I would.

But I understand what you are saying and what he bring to the team without goals.