(Not a) Preston fan view

Yes you probably hate me after today however my view on the game;

First half today was largely uneventful on the pitch we controlled the game without really creating much apart from Davies who really should have scored. Fisher upset your fans a lot and he did act like an idiot at times. Your defence was very good in the first half especially Pudil and Lees who impressed.

The first 10 minutes is where the game was won, poor defending from us let you in for the first and great work from bannan to set up Joao for a very good header. Again, we pressed and could have scored 2 or 3 times but sitters from Maguire and Barkhuizen let us down. Have to say we were probably the best side for most of it, however, your quality shone through and an outstanding goal from Nuhiu + it was game over. Another good goal from forestieri completed the win.

Overall, your goals were absolutely superb. But we didn’t actually play badly, Browne and Huntington in particular had good games for us. If we had won I don’t think any Wednesday fans could/ would have complained. I’d imagine you’ll play better than that and get beat, it was a case of everything that could go wrong for us went wrong and everything that could go right for you did. I do hope Hutchinson isn’t injuried though. Despite that,  any one of your last three goals were worthy any football matches and  quality wins football matches. 

Edited by prestonfan

your team are mostly a bunch of cheating blouses mate, one of the worst i have ever seen in my life. I sit in the South Stand and i actually went to the edge of the pitch to vent my fury at both your full backs and was admonished by the stewards. That was a lousy showing from the biggest bunch of pansies that i have paid to watch. All of this is negated by my usual £5 bet on 4-1, 4-0 coming in at a cool 66-1...........................

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, prestonfan said:

First half today was largely uneventful on the pitch we controlled the game without really creating much apart from Davies who really should have scored. Fisher upset your fans a lot and he did act like an idiot at times. Your defence was very good in the first half especially Pudil and Lees who impressed.

The first 10 minutes is where the game was won, poor defending from us let you in for the first and great work from bannan to set up Joao for a very good header. Again, we pressed and could have scored 2 or 3 times but sitters from Maguire and Barkhuizen let us down. Have to say we were probably the best side for most of it, however, your quality shone through and an outstanding goal from Nuhiu + it was game over. Another good goal from forestieri completed the win.

Overall, your goals were absolutely superb. But we didn’t actually play badly, Browne and Huntington in particular had good games for us. If we had won I don’t think any Wednesday fans could/ would have complained. I’d imagine you’ll play better than that and get beat, it was a case of everything that could go wrong for us went wrong and everything that could go right for you did. I do hope Hutchinson isn’t injuried though. Despite that,  any one of your last three goals were worthy any football matches and  quality wins football matches. 

Very accurate reflection on the game. You needed to finish your chances and we scored some exceptional goals.

Fisher is a c*nt though!

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
7 minutes ago, prestonfan said:

To be fair I saw it pretty much the same. Preston are a decent team and definitely 'savvy' which doesn't necessarily sit well with opposing fans.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

Tale of two halves.  Bringing Lucas Joao on up front for the second half won it for us.  Up until then, PNE were the better side.  Even in the second half, your team hit the woodwork twice.

Could easily have gone North End's way.  

For once we had a bit of luck, and Forestieri's brilliance which we've missed all season.    Decent assessment above.   I wouldn't mind Preston sneaking into the play-offs.  After watching Derby lose at home to Sunderland tonight, I have to say you look a lot better than them.

Fair shout mate, but at the end of the day, you have an established team , playing at the top of its capabilities, cant see  you making a further progress without the addition of some true quality and flair, That costs serious cash , and my guess is you dont have that. 

Any further process would need some very good loan signings , in the way Huddersfield did last year. Other wise it could be a case of selling a good player each year to fund the status quo. 

6 minutes ago, prestonfan said:

Don't hate you in the slightest.  Just seemed to us that your players were just after getting as many yellows and hopefully reds dished out as soon as possible . Only after we went ahead did your players stay on their feet . If your lot had made going for goal your priority rather than going for bookings it may well have been a different outcome . As it was your lot had cauliflower ar$3$ before you decided to play football . 

You were intent on cheating. One foul on Hunt in the first half was disgraceful and not even a booking. Two strikers loved throwing themselves to the ground too. Pearson is an absolute bellend, little elbow on Reach he got away with in the first half. Ref didn't notice it but was when play was stopped. Completely unnecessary and sums him up as a player. Glad Forestieri put him on his arse towards the end of the game.

But Preston played good football when they wanted to. Seemed more intent on trying to wind the opposition up. Fortunately karma delivered and we got the points. 

That extra quality won us the game, might sound mad with us being down in 17th but it's a bit of a false position considering we've had 14 first team players out at times this season. We've got some serious quality in the squad and I think that showed. Preston are crying out for a regular goal scorer, but I do like Maguire that they have up front, and I'd drive Pearson here tomorrow. Hope PNE get the play offs ahead of United anyway. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

To be fair I saw it pretty much the same. Preston are a decent team and definitely 'savvy' which doesn't necessarily sit well with opposing fans.

Never seen cheating c###s spelt like that before. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, nethertonowl said:

Fair shout mate, but at the end of the day, you have an established team , playing at the top of its capabilities, cant see  you making a further progress without the addition of some true quality and flair, That costs serious cash , and my guess is you dont have that. 

Any further process would need some very good loan signings , in the way Huddersfield did last year. Other wise it could be a case of selling a good player each year to fund the status quo. 

You didn’t see the best of Sean Maguire, who has been on fire up until today and has the 3rd best goals to game ratio in the championship. He came back from a similar injury like Forestieri had and came back in devastating fashion.

Barkhuizen needs to be more clinical to add to his pace and we could do with more goals from central midfield.

As good as Browne, Pearson, Gallagher are/can be they don’t score nearly enough goals.

We are still definitely in with a shout today, we met a team full of momentum getting players back and who had everything go for them (arguably rightly so given your troubles on the injury field). On another day we could have won that by a couple of goals! But enjoy your win, you probably deserve it given how up until today everything that could go wrong for you’s had done!

• Haha 1

2 evenly matched sides that tipped our way due to having the edge when it comes to players who have the ability to turn a game . ........I didn't see one preston player who I thought could do something out of the ordinary to hurt us . 

2 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

That extra quality won us the game, might sound mad with us being down in 17th but it's a bit of a false position considering we've had 14 first team players out at times this season. We've got some serious quality in the squad and I think that showed. Preston are crying out for a regular goal scorer, but I do like Maguire that they have up front, and I'd drive Pearson here tomorrow. Hope PNE get the play offs ahead of United anyway. 

To be fair he’s been out injured for the majority of the season and still has 9 goals. Better goals to game than anybody other than Vydra and Grabban which is impressive.

We need goals from other areas of the pitch ( our players other than maguire lack composure and finishing ability) and we could do with a plan b option ( like a nuhiu to mix it up a bit).

4 minutes ago, lancashireowl said:

You didn’t see the best of Sean Maguire, who has been on fire up until today and has the 3rd best goals to game ratio in the championship. He came back from a similar injury like Forestieri had and came back in devastating fashion.

Barkhuizen needs to be more clinical to add to his pace and we could do with more goals from central midfield.

As good as Browne, Pearson, Gallagher are/can be they don’t score nearly enough goals.

We are still definitely in with a shout today, we met a team full of momentum getting players back and who had everything go for them (arguably rightly so given your troubles on the injury field). On another day we could have won that by a couple of goals! But enjoy your win, you probably deserve it given how up until today everything that could go wrong for you’s had done!

Ey? Aren’t you a Wednesday fan? 

• Haha 1

Preston players were falling like autumn leaves, possibly the worst cheating I have seen at Hillsborough. The referee was a shambles as well. Your team has enough class not to have to play like that but it made the second half much sweeter. Thanks for the 3 points though.

Edited by Owling Wolfe

15 minutes ago, lancashireowl said:

Very accurate reflection on the game. You needed to finish your chances and we scored some exceptional goals.

Fisher is a c*nt though!

8 minutes ago, lancashireowl said:

Feel like I have entered a parallel universe 

Maguire is the one , who is attracting attention isnt he? Which is my point. first goal always key at this level. For once things went our way today, as you say thats not happened much this season.

Well run club, doing well, but cant see much more upward progress, Lack a bit of flair , and a greater goal threat from midfield as you say.

Easy to see why they have produced the points they have this season away form home, not easy on the eye but effective.