(Not a) Preston fan view

Just now, sage owl said:

proverb for today

Cheating conkers never win

unless Terry and snodgrass play for them.

I don't think villa really cheated , the ref on the other hand was either incompetent or a match fixing cheating b@$/@$d . 

17 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

your team are mostly a bunch of cheating blouses mate, one of the worst i have ever seen in my life. I sit in the South Stand and i actually went to the edge of the pitch to vent my fury at both your full backs and was admonished by the stewards.

Did you seriously actually leave your seat to do this? Each to their own but for me it's embarrassing. Unless of course, it may be that you are one of our junior members in which case I apologise but seek help before you grow up. lol

• Haha 1

Pretty fair reflection.

I thought pne were the better side 1st half,especially with the 12th man on your side,always helps away from home,that ref has history with us,no wonder we all got on his case today.That said our keeper could have largely sat in a deckchair apart from one save.

Thought our gaffer called it 2nd half,after having a rest and soaking up the pressure,he unleashed the trickery of Lucas and we took the game by the scruff and deservedly took the lead.just as our subs influenced us,yours had the same effect,after a wee wee tail up in defence that allowed pne to hit the post,the subsequent cross wasnt cleared and luckily the foreward put his header wide,but the two subs combined to bring pne back into it a few minutes later..

We brought on FF & who brings that drive and quick feet,and in injury time we drove the final nails in.

Footballs all about taking your chances,we took ours today and were worthy winners in the end.

A stronger ref may have booked one or two of the pne lads today,and stopped big Adthe bieng pulled and pushed allover when he had the ball.

29 minutes ago, prestonfan said:

Yes you probably hate me after today however my view on the game;

First half today was largely uneventful on the pitch we controlled the game without really creating much apart from Davies who really should have scored. Fisher upset your fans a lot and he did act like an idiot at times. Your defence was very good in the first half especially Pudil and Lees who impressed.

The first 10 minutes is where the game was won, poor defending from us let you in for the first and great work from bannan to set up Joao for a very good header. Again, we pressed and could have scored 2 or 3 times but sitters from Maguire and Barkhuizen let us down. Have to say we were probably the best side for most of it, however, your quality shone through and an outstanding goal from Nuhiu + it was game over. Another good goal from forestieri completed the win.

Overall, your goals were absolutely superb. But we didn’t actually play badly, Browne and Huntington in particular had good games for us. If we had won I don’t think any Wednesday fans could/ would have complained. I’d imagine you’ll play better than that and get beat, it was a case of everything that could go wrong for us went wrong and everything that could go right for you did. I do hope Hutchinson isn’t injuried though. Despite that,  any one of your last three goals were worthy any football matches and  quality wins football matches. 

Fair reflection of the game. Thought you were a decent side and didn’t deserve to lose 4-1.

However....do you cheat like that every game? Players going down all over the place like they’ve been shot and in the referees ear all

match.

Today was really a typical Championship game in how it highlighted how fine the margins are between success and failure. It also emphasised the importance of taking chances, they score that sitter in the first half at 0-0 and it's a different game. We've been on the reverse of this kind of result plenty of times so I'll happily take it. 

I hope that the scoreline isn't masking our defensive frailties to the powers that be, we simply must get better at limiting the opportunities we afford the opposition because if Preston's finishing today was even semi-competent it's a different scoreline.

28 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

your team are mostly a bunch of cheating blouses mate, one of the worst i have ever seen in my life. I sit in the South Stand and i actually went to the edge of the pitch to vent my fury at both your full backs and was admonished by the stewards. That was a lousy showing from the biggest bunch of pansies that i have paid to watch. All of this is negated by my usual £5 bet on 4-1, 4-0 coming in at a cool 66-1...........................

Which you've probably spent hundreds on...

:duntmatter:

1 minute ago, sage owl said:

You don't think terry and snodgrass cheated?.

Not as much as the ref and no where near Prestons players . Terry is a full weight ar53 hole but he was allowed to basically ref the match which is down to the refs pandering and afraid that Terry was going to service his missus  rather than cheating .

3 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Today was really a typical Championship game in how it highlighted how fine the margins are between success and failure. It also emphasised the importance of taking chances, they score that sitter in the first half at 0-0 and it's a different game. We've been on the reverse of this kind of result plenty of times so I'll happily take it. 

I hope that the scoreline isn't masking our defensive frailties to the powers that be, we simply must get better at limiting the opportunities we afford the opposition because if Preston's finishing today was even semi-competent it's a different scoreline.

Well we got 4 and missed 2 easy chances too , for all their possession they didn’t create or convert as many clear cut chances as us 

3 minutes ago, cross owl said:

Not as much as the ref and no where near Prestons players . Terry is a full weight ar53 hole but he was allowed to basically ref the match which is down to the refs pandering and afraid that Terry was going to service his missus  rather than cheating .

And Snodgrass ? He doesn’t cheat then ? 

5 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Good luck in your fight against relegation into league 1 next season Prestonian. 

In all fairness mate we have a young, hungry side who are improving and are a couple of goalscoring mids away from being a top side.

Finished 11th,11th and will likely finish 7th/ 8th this season. Doubt we will be fighting relegation even if I’m pessimistic.

1 minute ago, prestonfan said:

In all fairness mate we have a young, hungry side who are improving and are a couple of goalscoring mids away from being a top side.

Finished 11th,11th and will likely finish 7th/ 8th this season. Doubt we will be fighting relegation even if I’m pessimistic.

Why are you being so nice to me? I was trying to be provocative so you would abuse me or something :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, prestonfan said:

Probably not but you can never be too sure in this league, most of our fans and probably Reading's weren't expecting 15th at best this season after play-offs last time.

It was a game at 2-1 that could have gone either way. Preston has the better if a ooor first half. Couldn’t cope with us for 20 minutes in the second. Missed a bunch of easy chances and ultimately got what they deserved. A thrashing. 

Can’t abide cheating and that was up there with the worst I’ve seen. They should be ashamed. For that reason I hope they get relegated 

• Like 1

Preston are a decent side with good players

But they spoil all that by trying to influence the referee all the time

I still remember Pearson getting Forestieri sent off at Hillsborough last season when he went down as though he'd been shot

And there was something similar at Deepdale when a Preston player got Forestieri booked and sent off

For this, I hope Preston never go up

• Like 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.