Sheffield Wednesday vs Preston is going to be a big crowd

3 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

Preston area has a population of about 320k with one club ...Sheffield area is around 600k with 2 clubs..so hey presto(n) :biggrin: we shud have the same home gates and be taking the same away..I think you wud admit you are wrong :carlos:

wtf does preston area mean ? ....the population of preston is 141k .

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

you really expect a club who have around 12k supporters to bring 4k ....that would be phenomenal support if they did .

So you are saying Preston only have 12 thousand supporters :manager:...I'm sure if any Preston fans are reading this guff they will be outraged

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, torryowl said:

you really expect a club who have around 12k supporters to bring 4k ....that would be phenomenal support if they did .

Just see if they make the playoffs n Prem next season ..

I'm afraid all these statistics will go down the plughole Torry 

It's a fickle business and Preston are no different from the rest ....

very fickle 

1 minute ago, Lichfield alien said:

You know what it means..the Preston area..the areas on its doorstep but just outside the city limits..or if it's not a city just outside of the town

the city of Sheffield is around 500-600k the area that comes under Sheffield is over a one and a half million so if we are going on area's or city's  preston doesn't come close no matter which way we look at it . .....

2 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Remember PNE coming here around this time of year a few years ago and loads of them were wearing bowler hats, apparently it is an annual tradition or something - wonder if it is the same tomorrow.

Actually only 30% of them wer wearing bowler hats..:picnic:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Remember PNE coming here around this time of year a few years ago and loads of them were wearing bowler hats, apparently it is an annual tradition or something - wonder if it is the same tomorrow.

Ask Woodseats..

WTF!?

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

QPR average around 12k and are taking over 3k to Reading tomorrow and they've nothing to play for.

Birmingham have sold 4,800 tickets for game at Bolton next Tuesday night.

I wouldn't expect this many from PNE at £33 adults but 1,200 is a bit poor for position they'e in. 

Just now, torryowl said:

the city of Sheffield is around 500-600k the area that comes under Sheffield is over a one and a half million so if we are going on area's or city's  preston doesn't come close no matter which way we look at it . .....

But the other places making up the one and half mill have got fl teams..rovrum..Barnsley etc

2 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Just see if they make the playoffs n Prem next season ..

I'm afraid all these statistics will go down the plughole Torry 

It's a fickle business and Preston are no different from the rest ....

very fickle 

of course they'll sell out just as we would .....there fans are no more or less fickle than we are . we just have more than them . 

7 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

You know what it means..the Preston area..the areas on its doorstep but just outside the city limits..or if it's not a city just outside of the town

It's a City and it goes all the way up to 6 miles North to Blackpool out east overlapping Blackburn limits and south 

To Bolton and Southwest almost Merseyside it's bigger than most think 

The main issues up in that area  is its massive Asian population  (and they aren't interested in football)

And there are  more professional football clubs within one area than I would image anywhere in the country ?

Its diluted ...

That's not including Plastic Mancs & Scousers who go to Manchester n Liverpool that live up there 

4 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

It's a City and it goes all the way up to 6 miles North to Blackpool out east overlapping Blackburn limits and south 

To Bolton and Southwest almost Merseyside it's bigger than most think 

The main issues up in that area  is its massive Asian population  (and they aren't interested in football)

And there are  more professional football clubs within one area than I would image anywhere in the country ?

Its diluted ...

That's not including Plastic Mancs & Scousers who go to Manchester n Liverpool that live up there 

So within one hour of us we have..Man Utd Man City forest Notts county derby chesterfield Leeds rovrum Barnsley Doncaster Scunthorpe Lincoln ..do Preston really have more clubs than us within one hour?? Add Leicester to that list ..easily doable in an hour from the southern outskirts of Sheffield..junction 31 etc

Edited by Lichfield alien

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

Great support hootie.

WTF!?

Had a hip replacement mate, still using a crutch, hoping I'll be allowed in with it

I'm only sitting in a high chair at home, the seats on the North are pretty low

I'll worry about that if I get let in

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.