Sheffield Wednesday vs Preston is going to be a big crowd

3 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

Or .... we wasnt great but we didnt realise Preston were gonna be quite good this season so everyone went into absolute meltdown cos we lost by the odd goal to a late dodgy penalty. 

im playing devils advocate there, we was cwap. but the vitriol spouted afterwards was ridiculous and set the tone.

The "tone" was set against rangers...and carried on into the first league game.

WTF!?

Just now, Lichfield alien said:

Give over it was shocking..just after the rangers debacle..the writing was on the wall and the only who couldn't see it wer those who can't read

rangers game was a friendly where players wanred to tick over and not get injured, we beat port vale 5-0 the year before but i cant remember everyone saying were gonna pish the league because of it.

Forgetting the friendly the PNE game was 1 game, no matter how poor we were it was 1 away game.

not saying criticism shouldnt have come, it always does after a defeat, but after the PNE game was OTT in the extreme.

1 minute ago, GY-owl.4 said:

rangers game was a friendly where players wanred to tick over and not get injured, we beat port vale 5-0 the year before but i cant remember everyone saying were gonna pish the league because of it.

Forgetting the friendly the PNE game was 1 game, no matter how poor we were it was 1 away game.

not saying criticism shouldnt have come, it always does after a defeat, but after the PNE game was OTT in the extreme.

It was abject..the story of the season.

WTF!?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

Or .... we wasnt great but we didnt realise Preston were gonna be quite good this season so everyone went into absolute meltdown cos we lost by the odd goal to a late dodgy penalty. 

im playing devils advocate there, we was cwap. but the vitriol spouted afterwards was ridiculous and set the tone.

We were awful.

6 minutes ago, s73owl said:

20th Feb 2016, please excuse the poor quality photo 

20180329_210839.jpg

your math isn't very good if you think 5694 is 30% of average gate 

6 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

So how many would we have sold for deepdale without a 5k limit? Been to Barnsley loads of times with 7k..how many could we have shifted for Sunderland on Monday? How many for hull?..you are talkin gonads

no i'm not i'm basing it on facts and numbers your just guessing .........I stand by what I said when have we taken 30% of our average gate to an away league game .

Just now, torryowl said:

your math isn't very good if you think 5694 is 30% of average gate 

no i'm not i'm basing it on facts and numbers your just guessing .........I stand by what I said when have we taken 30% of our average gate to an away league game .

Probably every away game in the 70s?..big difference is we sell out quite a few games..it's not guessing

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

13,631 so far this season how many of them are away support I know not .......but what ever if they bring  1200-1500 tomorrow that's a pretty decent turn out percentage wise  

Lancashire owl may help here?

he seems to be the

"PNE correspondent" on Owlstalk ..

I dare bet if you take the awaysupport

off, bearing in mind the times there's nearly been as many in the away ends than home ends - Us - Leeds Middlesborough Villa etc

their average home fan footfall is down the lower end of this league I would imagine .?

The average age of North End fans is quite high I also read somewhere ..

So this may explain low away turnout.?

The Yorkshire tight git mantle is wasted on us ..

They are a Reight bunch of "chizzits" up 

Int North West ....

1 minute ago, Lichfield alien said:

Probably every away game in the 70s?..big difference is we sell out quite a few games..it's not guessing

but you are guessing .......if you expect preston to bring 30% of there total support then for us to do that at sunderland we'd have take around  8k ....you obviously think if they give us the tickets we'll sell out ...I don't 

11 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

3 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

It was abject..the story of the season.

WTF!?

1 minute ago, NYCOWL said:

We were awful.

Yeah i agree, ive said so in both my posts so far in the thread.

my point is that regardless of how awful/abject we were, the fans meltdown was STILL over the top even taking the performance into account.

we are supporters at the end of the day and at some point during a season all clubs are gonna need their fans to stick by them during a sticky point. ive always thought we are quite good at that over the years. but in this instance the fallout was ridiculous. even taking into account the performance.

Just now, torryowl said:

but you are guessing .......if you expect preston to bring 30% of there total support then for us to do that at sunderland we'd have take around  8k ....you obviously think if they give us the tickets we'll sell out ...I don't 

Preston shud be bringing 4K minimum..they have a decent sized fan base..this 30% guff you keep bangin on about is irrelevance of the highest order

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

he seems to be the

off, bearing in mind the times there's nearly been as many in the away ends than home ends - Us - Leeds Middlesborough Villa etc

their average home fan footfall is down the lower end of this league I would imagine .?

Int North West ....

but they don't have a low turn out for away games ......if they have 11-12 k fans and 1200 of  them turnout away that's 10% which is roughly the same average as ours . what fans they have are just as loyal as ours ......

5 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

Preston shud be bringing 4K minimum..they have a decent sized fan base..this 30% guff you keep bangin on about is irrelevance of the highest order

no its not .......it's very relevant ............we are a club with a big fan base in a big city , preston arnt and have less than  half the fans we do so to expect them to take 4000 fans away is bordering on the ridiculous .........

19 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

he seems to be the

Int North West ....

Hardly the correspondent, you were just being naive about the effect of ticket prices. As far as I’m aware , their away attendances are actually very good for a club of their size (around 12ish) with home support bottom four. Have a hardcore bunch who travel a lot but rarely get many at home. The poor attendance tomorrow is due to ticket prices. 

Just now, torryowl said:

no its not .......it's very relevant ............we are a club with a big fan base in a big city , preston arnt and have less than  half the fans we do so to expect them to take 4000 fans away is bordering on the ridiculous .........

Think it’s because they are up near the play offs and a relatively short journey , I expected a few more but hey ho eh . 

3 minutes ago, lancashireowl said:

Hardly the correspondent, you were just being naive about the effect of ticket prices. As far as I’m aware , their away attendances are actually very good for a club of their size (around 12ish) with home support bottom four. Have a hardcore bunch who travel a lot but rarely get many at home. The poor attendance tomorrow is due to ticket prices. 

Or a lack of belief they are going up 

Just now, torryowl said:

Preston area has a population of about 320k with one club ...Sheffield area is around 600k with 2 clubs..so hey presto(n) :biggrin: we shud have the same home gates and be taking the same away..I think you wud admit you are wrong :carlos:

Just now, dewsburyowl58 said:

Think it’s because they are up near the play offs and a relatively short journey , I expected a few more but hey ho eh . 

you really expect a club who have around 12k supporters to bring 4k ....that would be phenomenal support if they did .

Just now, torryowl said:

you really expect a club who have around 12k supporters to bring 4k ....that would be phenomenal support if they did .

No I just thought perhaps 2-2.5 K , as  they have the feel good factor and their away record is second only to Wolves .